Favela Remake

Commander_Undies

I haven't gotten any map packs since mw3. This I might actually get! I loved Favela, my all time favourite map! Snipers really isn't that much of an issue on this map. Shotgunners, SMG run&gunners and people who can lay down consistant AR fire will dominate this map. The few people bothering to snipe wont string too many kills together. There's too many entrances to most buildings, sharp corners and narrow streets, this is a rushers dream map. Sure, there will always be the odd camper, but they really shouldn't offer much resistance.

They've only bought this map in because they had to remove it from MW2, as others have said it is a lame attempt to recapture what was a great map and rose coloured glasses permitted as great game also. So glad I didn't buy this game (Ghosts) as for me it epitomises everything that has gone wrong with CoD in recent times. 

They've only bought this map in because they had to remove it from MW2, as others have said it is a lame attempt to recapture what was a great map and rose coloured glasses permitted as great game also. So glad I didn't buy this game (Ghosts) as for me it epitomises everything that has gone wrong with CoD in recent times.

Wait, are you implying that MW2 wasn't a great game? Heresy!

I thought Favela was reinstated in MW2 after they removed all the 'offensive' shit that wasn't discovered until 4 fucking years after release? 

Has anyone else noticed that some of the core maps in Ghosts now look pretty good compared to most of the crap in the DLC? Stonehaven, Siege, Chasm and Stormfront all maybe total wank but at least they don't have any childish novelties incliuded in the field orders. 

Huh, so it was removed from MW2? That explains why I haven't played it the few times I've gotten on there  :lol:

I think it got put back after they edited out some 'offensive' things that for some reason were only noticed 4 years later.

This is the culprit

181hw9eslbgphjpg.jpg

Apparently muslims didn't like this. 

Lol, I just love seeing how MW2 was a great game from the same people who bash Ghosts. MW2 was just as broken as ghosts. For the same reasons. Snipers, Knifing (commando) and Danger close noob toobs. Am I the only one who truly didnt like MW2 just the same as Ghosts? 

Hence the rose tinted glasses comment, nostalgia will always win over the new. It may have had it's faults but I cut my MP teeth on MW2 so have fond memories of failing badly blaming my own ineptitude rather than the devs for my failings.

Lol, I just love seeing how MW2 was a great game from the same people who bash Ghosts. MW2 was just as broken as ghosts. For the same reasons. Snipers, Knifing (commando) and Danger close noob toobs. Am I the only one who truly didnt like MW2 just the same as Ghosts? 

MW2 was a fantastic game for me because it was immense fun. It had a catalogue of issues no doubt but it provided a springboard for the franchise and future lessons for the developers. Since then up until Ghosts; the games were becoming more balanced and irritating features were being eradicated. However; Ghosts seemed to put the franchise back to the old days with lots of negative gameplay issues. There is a few things I can overlook but the fact that it wasn't fun in the slightest gave me no inspiration to play. I really thought the new IW had learned lessons of the past; for instance not rewarding objective players and they did make progress in some areas with MW3 but with Ghosts; they just delivered a total mess of overpowered crap, terribly designed maps and mind-numbing gameplay on top. Killstreaks were also dull as fuck and there were no memorable portions of the game. The DLC is also the worst I've ever seen in a videogame. 

MW2 was early days in the growing franchise and at the time; we didn't really take on board how significant the likes of noob tubing, commando and danger close would have on future games. We just rolled with the punches and accepted the game as it was. The positives made this game very iconic indeed. I totally get the frustrations behind it but gamers expect more these days and for me COD Ghosts was a shambolic attempt in all areas from what is the most lucrative franchise in gaming today.  

Mw2 was sh*t and Ghosts makes my teeth itch.

I'm with you there, friend.

DM9ON.png

MW2 was my FPS on a console system, and truth be told I had given up on most FPS games at that point for a number of years.

So, regardless of how bad it is, it will reside in a special spot for me. Hell, I was playing the campaign again a few days ago

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Indeed. Everyone bashes ghosts but glorifies MW2. I dont understand their logic. 

MW2 had good core qualities such as brilliant maps, memorable guns and it simply oozed fun even at its most frustrating times.

Ghosts is shit on every level.

Nostalgia is also a big thing for people and MW2 was the golden age of COD before it started to tire for many. COD 4 was better but MW2 made COD and it was that game that built the community across the systems...

..even though 70%+ are tossers.  

The facts are simple when it comes to MW2 and Ghosts. Its both the same shit. The only difference is guns, maps, and the number of players playing. 

Also, connection issues didnt persist because of the mere size of player base. Look up the network stats of the years of mw2 and current. Its ridiculousl

I think all Call of Duties are the same shit with the exception of guns and maps. I've seen James talk about the small amount of people online playing Ghosts and guess what? Still laggy. You'd think they'd get better over the years, but they don't. That's why I'm kind of over this franchise. Ghosts has been a joke and I probably will not show excitement for another CoD until it's only next gen. CoD 4, MW2 and hell even W@W were a hell of a lot better than the crap they've put out the past few years.

video-game-memes-then-comes-ragequit.gif

I shall try this Favela remake whenever I'm free. But it certainly won't make me like the game any better.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif