Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare | Confirmed List

Commander_Undies

Screen-Shot-2014-05-02-at-9.40.58-PM.png

Developers: Sledgehammer Games (Xbox One, PS4, and PC) // Another studio (TBA) (Xbox 360 & PS3)

Available November 4th on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Official Description:
Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare, developed by Sledgehammer Games (co-developers of Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3), harnesses the first three-year, all next-gen development cycle in franchise history. Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare envisions the powerful battlegrounds of the future, where both technology and tactic have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. Delivering a stunning performance, Academy Award® winning actor Kevin Spacey stars as Jonathan Irons – one of the most powerful men in the world – shaping this chilling vision of the future of war.

Campaign:

• Players will be playing as Private Mitchell, voiced by Troy Baker.
  • The campaign is set after a massive catastrophic attack “similar to 9/11.”
  • Game opens with an attack by the KVA, an international terrorist organization equipped with EXO Suits. Mitchell will be fighting alongside Will Irons, son of Jonathan Irons, to stop the attack on the US soil. Afterwards, Jonathan Irons confronts Mitchell and hires him to join Atlas PMCs. Mitchell accepts his offer and starts working for him.
  • Set in the year 2054.
  • Features new “Exoskeletons” design for soldiers.
  • Private Military Corporations (PMCs) have become dominant armed forces for countless nations outsourcing their military needs.
  • Kevin Spacey stars as Jonathan Irons – the most powerful man in the world within the game.
  • Irons runs the Atlas Corporations – the main company and villain in the game.
  • A PMC has emerged with the power to rescue humanity from a devastated world struggling to rebuild after a global attack on its military and infrastructure.
  • Game features technological advancements and high-tech gear.
  • Features a new HUD which makes the entire action more immersive.
  • The typical “Follow” icon from previous games has been changed to now be a part of your HUD and improved to be more futuristic.
  • Game no longer features the typical Call of Duty campaign loading screens with the random voice talking quickly about your objective.
  • Narration is key to SHGames, the loading screens will tell more of a story and give you more information as you play.
  • Advanced Warfare has only one protagonist.
  • Sledgehammer Games wants the technology in the game to be realistic – be things that can actually happen in the future.
  • Exo Suits can be upgraded after each mission; amount of upgrades you can do will depend upon how many points you have.
  • A female soldier plays a major role in the campaign; she’s introduced after the second-third mission of the game.
  • If a soldier has to be dropped into a mission from the air, it is done via drop pods.

Campaign Missions:

• “Induction” – Seoul, South Korea – First Mission of the game.
  • “BioLab” – This mission revolves around the stealth aspect, and for the first time they showed the invisibility ability in action. You use the invisibility to pass by a big portion of the area to remain undetected from the drones and enemies.
  • “Collapse” – San Francisco, CA - This was a very exciting and action packed mission. It takes place in San Francisco; some of the gameplay is in the Advanced Warfare Reveal Trailer.

New Player Abilities:

• You are the advanced soldier: through boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed.
  • Players can also climb walls, boost-dodge, use zip lines, perform super-jumps, cloak themselves with optic camo, and hover in mid-air.
  • New Exoskeleton armor will fundamentally change some of the abilities and features within Call of Duty.
  • You can jump out of the way of enemies, sort of like a side ways dash jump.

New Arsenal:

• New “variable grenades”, that can be cooked from a concussion grenade to a threat-detector.
  • Threat-detection grenade highlights enemies via an augmented reality system visible in your visor.
  • Some weapons are energy-based, and do not use traditional ammunition.
  • New vehicle: Pitbull, which is based on the real world Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle.
  • New walking tank in the game, moves on its own.

Multiplayer:

• Exo Suits will be in multiplayer.
  • Gadgets will “not be OP”.
  • Female soldiers are returning.

Other:

• Game being built on a whole new engine and a whole new audio engine.
  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare DLC comes FIRST to Xbox One & Xbox 360.
  • Advanced Warfare will have some sort of a co-op mode, TBA later.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

Honest question, why are people so worried about there not being laser guns? You're still doing the same thing, you can just see what you're shooting at them.

Resistant to change and stuff.

Some people didn't like how CoD was going to be modern after being set in WW 2, so I'm guessing this is the same thing.

DM9ON.png

Honest question, why are people so worried about there not being laser guns? You're still doing the same thing, you can just see what you're shooting at them.

It's a preference. I prefer modern era FPS. I don't mind World War II FPS, but I still prefer modern era FPS. It's the same thing here. I still prefer the modern era FPS over future anything.

I respect that they're trying something new, and I'm sure at one point i'll try the game, but as far as i'm concerned this is just a reskin of what they have been doing. I've only enjoyed CoD4 and MW2 the most. MW3 was MW2.0 with mediocre maps, Black Ops had the worst connection on any game that I've ever played, Black Op 2 was good, but the connection was hit or miss, and Ghosts is kinda a joke at this point. Four Call of Duties later and they still don't have the formula correct, as a consumer my hopes are not high for this installment either. Until they release a PS4/Xbox One/PC only Call of Duty, I really don't think i'll be that interested to be honest.

It's a preference. I prefer modern era FPS. I don't mind World War II FPS, but I still prefer modern era FPS. It's the same thing here. I still prefer the modern era FPS over future anything.

I respect that they're trying something new, and I'm sure at one point i'll try the game, but as far as i'm concerned this is just a reskin of what they have been doing. I've only enjoyed CoD4 and MW2 the most. MW3 was MW2.0 with mediocre maps, Black Ops had the worst connection on any game that I've ever played, Black Op 2 was good, but the connection was hit or miss, and Ghosts is kinda a joke at this point. Four Call of Duties later and they still don't have the formula correct, as a consumer my hopes are not high for this installment either. Until they release an only PS4/Xbox One/PC only Call of Duty, I really don't think i'll be that interested to be honest.

Well said Mike. I want it to be great. I miss the fun I had playing CoD

Well said Mike. I want it to be great. I miss the fun I had playing CoD

I want the game to be great too. If they somehow get this formula right and AW is as smooth as butter. GREAT, release a modern era or even a World War II version and I'll love it even more. Why? Because that's the era I prefer.

I want the game to be great too. If they somehow get this formula right and AW is as smooth as butter. GREAT, release a modern era or even a World War II version and I'll love it even more. Why? Because that's the era I prefer.

Oh I agree I'm not interested in the era at all. I would rather it be current or back to WW2. I would really like to see a Vietnam based CoD. Not just the sample that was in BO2

Damn it, now I want to play Battlefield Bad Company: Vietnam.

There was a Vietnam expansion... I don't remember what Battlefield game it was. It was kinda cool.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

There was a Vietnam expansion... I don't remember what Battlefield game it was. It was kinda cool.

Yeah, it was for Battlefield Bad Company 2.

I played that more than I played the actual game after it came out xD

DM9ON.png

Mike said it perfectly, I just don't like futuristic eras with laser guns and all that Sci-Fi stuff which is why I haven't pre ordered Destiny, I really like the sound of it though so I will see how many of my PS4 friends on here buy it first and get reviews before taking the gamble.

With CoD however, if all of my friends are getting it then so will I because quite frankly its what brought us together in the first place.

I am not a massive fan of futuristic games but that won't be a major put-off for me on AW. I just don't want COD to drift too far from its identity. 

I was there from day one when it was a classic war-based shooter and the risk they took bringing it into the modern era with COD 4 paid off as it gave a believable portrayal that people could relate to and scope to expand the weapons and technology. Advanced Warfare is bordering on fictional and a vision of what the future may hold but I don't want this risk to fall into the realms of fantasy with an unfamiliar style that drifts too far from the Call of Duty formula. I think it's a risk Sledgehammer are taking although it does open the floodgates to interpretation of the future and a wealth of funky new technology that could be fun to use. I just don't want the franchise distancing itself from it's popular roots.

People want innovation and the game to move forward but that doesn't mean it has to go deep into the future. They could have retained the current era and made a solid game out of that or even looked to the past. Black Ops 2 was a grounded multiplayer game and distanced itself away from the single player which kept the MP fairly sensible and not overly-chaotic. I hope Sledgehammer keeps the hallmarks of COD MP without going over the top.   

Looks like they learned a thing or two from 3Arc and working closely with the competitive community

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/05/08/michael-condrey-says-shgames-is-working-closely-with-and-for-the-competitive-community/