Ghosts is next-gen's best selling game

L_C_Scipio

Highly expected. It's barely a next gen title anyway; just a forward-ported game that isn't very good :lol:

Congratulations to Activison though; another masterclass in marketing a mediocre title and having the community by the balls.

Advance Warfare looks like a proper next gen title though and the gulf between games looks staggering. If this game does well; then the franchise not only will be on top but it'll be deservedly so.

There is fuck all titles on the next gen at the minute and I wish I waited to get my PS4 because it's just gathering dust at the minute.

Lack of options.

I don't believe that for a minute. People don't get games they don't like just because there's nothing else to play.

Hard as it is for some people to swallow, CoD is king. It's just a fact.

I wonder how many people that bought Ghosts still play it though? PC went from 30,000 at a time on average to well below 8,000. There was just 850 on two days ago at one point. Barely any people on here play it anymore from what I've read.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how many copies it sells; it's how good the game is and I didn't like Ghosts but I think they'll bounce back with COD AW. 

I don't believe that for a minute. People don't get games they don't like just because there's nothing else to play.

I have looked at picking it up a dozen times now. Because my PS4 sits there for the most part. so Lack of options, is correct for me.

Funny thing happened though. I played it for free this weekend and went 20+kills, and  around 10 deaths each map, and lost all interest in playing the game from that point on

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I have been playing Ghosts a lot as of late and the most people I've seen online in the past two weeks is about 38k very small numbers considering the number of copies sold. I would also like to know how they are counting the people that upgraded from ps3. I will guarantee they are counting it as a sold copy. I'm not disputing CoD is the top dog. I'm just saying its lack of options. The online numbers speak for their selves though. 30 something thousand people in the world isn't crap compaired to the 200k+ that used to be on BO2 or MW3

I have been playing Ghosts a lot as of late and the most people I've seen online in the past two weeks is about 38k very small numbers considering the number of copies sold.

Call of Duty Ghosts is currently 104th in the world in terms of live player traffic. GTA V is 2nd place. Minecraft still top. Good to see Borderlands 2 up in 9th. Even The Last of Us is 26th.

For a game that's on all systems; that is pretty bad considering TLOU is only on the PS3 and it still has a greater player count of active players. Just shows how unpopular Ghosts has been in the community. 

I love this game, wish i had a chance to play it more often.

I never get all the hate for these games, no game is ever going to be exactly what you want it to be. Yeah they fucked up in not including a lot of stuff but damn it's fast paced when everyone plays properly.

I've noticed the fact that there's not really that many people playing it and it does surprise me quite a bit because it's not a bad game.  For me there's a lot less bullshit in this game compared to others, just wish the competitive side was a lot better.

I suppose it depends what you want out of a game, I've always been a cod fanboy but I do think ghosts is a bad game, yes it maybe down to the community but what the community exploits is put in the game by the devs.

Compared to previous cods ghosts is really dull, why has been done to death.

Sledgehammer have got a big job to do hopefully with what's coming out they will be forced to produce a quality product.

I suppose it depends what you want out of a game, I've always been a cod fanboy but I do think ghosts is a bad game, yes it maybe down to the community but what the community exploits is put in the game by the devs.

Compared to previous cods ghosts is really dull, why has been done to death.

Sledgehammer have got a big job to do hopefully with what's coming out they will be forced to produce a quality product.

I felt the same. Although I would have preferred COD AW to be more current or past rather than futuristic; I think this could be the game that gets the franchise back to where it was. Ghosts for me just had too many design flaws and lacked in all areas but I'm feeling more optimistic about Sledgehammer. 

I have looked at picking it up a dozen times now. Because my PS4 sits there for the most part. so Lack of options, is correct for me.

You just proved my point. Despite not having anything to play, you still didn't buy it.

You just proved my point. Despite not having anything to play, you still didn't buy it.

Dude how come the only time I see you post is when you are butthurt about someone's comments towards your beloved CoD?

I play Ghosts every day but only because I don't have many options so...

Dude how come the only time I see you post is when you are butthurt about someone's comments towards your beloved CoD?

I play Ghosts every day but only because I don't have many options so...

What does that even mean? How is it "butthurt" when someone else made a comment that supports what I said?

You play more than me then because I don't even own the game. Try again.

Ghosts isn't number 1 and has never been number 1 anyway looking at the worldwide charts last year and this year so far. 

Titanfall is number 1 in 2014 and Infamous 2nd. COD Ghosts is 14th on PS4 and 39th on Xbox One this year. Last year was dominated by GTA V which sold practically twice the rate of Ghosts on both the PS3 and 360. Also Ghosts got a boost with the £10 upgrade for generation transition which also counted as an extra sale. 

These charts are single unit based copies sold to customer whereas what IGN and the rest of the media have been focusing on is copies shipped to retailers where the publisher actually makes their money. Ghosts has sold a lot of late to shops because Activison are offloading their copies for peanuts to wholesale according to the manage of my GAME store. So if Activison ship two trillion copies of COD; that doesn't mean 2,000,000,000,000 have been bought by actual people. 

So despite the 'lack of options', more people have bought the exclusives of the next gen leaving COD Ghosts for dust deep down in the charts. Even FIFA and MGS have outsold Ghosts on the PS4. Activison can ship as many copies as they want but at the end of the day; the gamers know what they want and it ain't fucking Ghosts B)

Ghosts isn't number 1 and has never been number 1 anyway looking at the worldwide charts last year and this year so far. 

Titanfall is number 1 in 2014 and Infamous 2nd. COD Ghosts is 14th on PS4 and 39th on Xbox One this year. Last year was dominated by GTA V which sold practically twice the rate of Ghosts on both the PS3 and 360. Also Ghosts got a boost with the £10 upgrade for generation transition which also counted as an extra sale. 

These charts are single unit based copies sold to customer whereas what IGN and the rest of the media have been focusing on is copies shipped to retailers where the publisher actually makes their money. Ghosts has sold a lot of late to shops because Activison are offloading their copies for peanuts to wholesale according to the manage of my GAME store. So if Activison ship two trillion copies of COD; that doesn't mean 2,000,000,000,000 have been bought by actual people. 

So despite the 'lack of options', more people have bought the exclusives of the next gen leaving COD Ghosts for dust deep down in the charts. Even FIFA and MGS have outsold Ghosts on the PS4. Activison can ship as many copies as they want but at the end of the day; the gamers know what they want and it ain't fucking Ghosts B)

Where are you getting your stats? I think what they are saying is Ghost is the best selling game on next gen and they combine both the XBONE and the PS4.

Infamous sold a total of 1,837,473 copies total

Titanfall sold at total of 1,633,123 copies total

Ghost sold a total of 2,164,283 copies total of the PS4 according to VGCharts

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41756/Global/%C2'>

I don't pay for pro so I don't know what it is for the XBONE but if you combine the two I wouldn't be surprised if it had the highest number of sales "For the Next Generation Consoles".

It is marketing and Activition is doing what it can to put a spin on the relatively mediocre sales for their main franchises to their share holders. If you look at their stock reports WoW and CoD sales a down (a lot, but not as bad as forcasted) so they want to positive spin on things. The results are not surprising to me. People who rushed to buy the consoles are the hard core gamers and if you look here the vast majority of people playing on next gen are all playing BF4 or Cod. 

Just saw this tweet from Optic Scumpy which gives a pretty good idea of the current player base on XBone

"LOL, trying to play cranked on the Xbox One and there are only 30 people in the playlist......"