Anyone here been to Spain?

Docwagon

Have booked a long weekend for the me and the missus at the end of Sept. Thought I'd use some of my BA Avios points that have been gathering dust over the years as I never use them for upgrades when travelling for work which meant I had 635,000 to play with.

Booked flights and 3 nights in a 5 star hotel and only had to cough up 70 quid, bargain. Really looking forwards to going now, this is a place that has always been on my bucket list.  :D

Haven't been to Spain for many years so will be interesting to see how it has changed.

We booked an apartment through airbnb for $504 for the week.  It's a small attic apartment but has a nice terrace and everything we need.  We like having a kitchen so we can eat breakfast and the occasional lunch in our own place.

My wife will boil eggs and we'll have an Arabic style breakfast.  Boiled egg, cheese, and bread...maybe hummus.  It beats having to eat out every meal and leaves us more cash for nice dinners out.

You mean like as in compressed gases in bottles? Gasoline? some other sort of gas? Never heard of a street gas vendor before.

Propane tanks like for bbq grill. Lots of people use them for daily cooking. Gas stove or oven. MIL has electric range and oven but keeps special gas oven just to make bread. Poor people often only have bottle gas cooking.

Yes it is, la sagrada familia is such an awesome building.  Check out las ramblas and the markets if you get a chance.  My favorite place of all is the gothic district.  

My missus loves the gothic quarter too, it was one of the first places in Barna (local name for Barcelona) she ever took me to see. 

Today: Picasso museum. Beach front. Seafood restaurant off the beaten path, mostly locals. Mammoth museum.

Getting off the beaten track is a great move, you can get a decent three course lunch/dinner for a lot cheaper if you follow the locals.

Marina is in the city right now for her parent's 50th wedding anniversary, so if you bump into a loud angry woman then...oh I forgot for a moment where you are :lol:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Nice. Hope it was a clean wipe too. One of the best feelings in life that is.

[emoji38]

But true...

Sounds like an awesome trip Doc. I'm feeling a little jealous and I hate travelling.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I just left the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. What an amazing building and work of art. I'm not Catholic, but this is something special for everyone. It brought tears to my eyes to see the glory and beauty inside and out. I saw plenty of Muslim head coverings, a few Sikh turbans, and masses of every ethnicity, all quiet, all respectful, and all agape at the marvel. Truly truly an incredible experience.