Missing Threads

Not sure if I'm blind or if the search isn't working well but I've noticed a few threads missing including Age of Mythology Retold one, an Assassin Creed Shadows one which I was going to necro today plus this has bugged me in the past where I swear threads have been created for games and remember posting them but I can't for the life of me find them again. 

3 hours ago, Luseth said:

Haha sorry @GazzaGarratt I think the whatsapp groups have killed the site off 😄 

So there is Whatsapp groups? This almost killed this forum a few years back, and I thought people agreed to use the forum and not chat groups. 

I thought this might be the issue again, with the low activity in the past months/year..

On 9/27/2024 at 3:12 PM, NCA-Paendrag said:

So there is Whatsapp groups? This almost killed this forum a few years back, and I thought people agreed to use the forum and not chat groups. 

I thought this might be the issue again, with the low activity in the past months/year..

Theres always been WhatsApp groups, Brede. I can't stop them. If you look back a few years ago, I tried to embrace everything for the sake of all. Discord, WhatsApp, FB and anything else you can think of.

We're likely nearing that cycle again of basically me tearing it all up and bringing it all back...but part of me after the last two times would just love it if people wouldn't be so lazy in life. I feel the pressure myself and I can't lie. If I'm not doing events, sending messages, thinking of ideas to get people to play games, no fucker does. Well, some do, but when they realise they get not much joy after a few times, they give up. I don't blame them - I suppose I'm the only one who's decided to do that for 10 years here.

I'm now nearly 40, so life does change and evolve. But I wanted FG to be FG for all, not FG that is a check in cos Lee asked them to. There is always ways to rejuvenate the place. But people have to WANT to do that. And before anyone asks, god I've tried multiple ways to get people involved, drafting ideas of different roles, changing forums around to accommodate stuff, etc. Nothing has stuck so far, otherwise it wouldn't just be me.

We all have the gift of sorting this out. And I'll still be me trying to find ways of doing that, but I also know that the ones that don't want to, won't want to until they fully have an epiphany and maybe if I say FG closes for good? Who knows. I just don't think a bold statement like that should ever be needed when I know there's 100 odd regular FGers that could be active and they don't. How many times do I have to say that if we were all active and took a tiny interest each day, then it would actually be the best place on the internet cos so many would be chipping in n loads of different stuff.

I suppose this thread was eventually going to tip me. I'm super conscious I haven't updated my PPR in months and I'm usually the one that says practice what you preach. I think I'm gonna give myself grace just this once for the past 10 years.

If you have some bright ideas, please shout up. Its always worth reading the whole of site info and announcements though first. You'll see about 4000 posts from me (no lie) about getting people together in lots of ways. Pick one and run with it. I love this god damn place. I just paid £150 for the software for the next year again and it wasn't even a thought of not doing that. ❤️🖤

Aww man, Brede. You made me go there 🥲. Now see what happens this weekend ffs 🤣 *rolls up sleeves ready for a war*

Forum Signature Test.png

Ah, so I just wasnt invited to any of them 😂

You have gone far and beyond Lee! 

And you speak the truth in your post, if people made only a small effort, I think this place would be much more lively. 

Instead of just hitting the like button, make a comment too 🙂