Deadpool & Wolverine

Surprised not to see a thread about this one. Went to see it tonight courtesy of a good friend, and it is hands down the best Deadpool film yet. Some of the surprises are absolutely fantastic. You'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't see this one on the big screen.

9/10 for me.

banlol.png

All I can say is wow! 

Went with my mate last night, did a double feature and watched Twisters first, which btw is a solid movie, a great tribute to the original.

Now onto Deadpool & Wolverine, I honestly don't think ive smiled so much in a cinema theatre in so long, one of the funniest films I've seen. 

Ryan Reynolds throws so many one liners out there, his performance as deadpool in this film is probably his best one to date, Hugh Jackman balances the film out with a more serious role sprinkled with the odd funny moment.

I won't give anything away but there are so many fucking cameos, some of which will have you buzzing.

The storyline isn't Oscar worthy but it's great for the film itself, for me....it was the perfect Deadpool film and ill deffo see it again, 9.5/10 for me! 

I think its had some bad reviews, mainly from a view that it may not turn the Marvel Cinematic Universe around, but they shouldn't be reviewing in the light of the bigger universe. More if the film is good on its own merits. Sounds like an easy fun watch guys. I'll have to see if I can sneak the lad in to watch it! 😅

Forum Signature Test.png

28 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I think its had some bad reviews, mainly from a view that it may not turn the Marvel Cinematic Universe around, but they shouldn't be reviewing in the light of the bigger universe. More if the film is good on its own merits. Sounds like an easy fun watch guys. I'll have to see if I can sneak the lad in to watch it! 😅

Anyone thinking that one single film is going to turn an entire universe around is an idiot. It certainly has little pokes, but that's about it. 

Also, I'm old enough now dad, you don't need to sneak me in.

banlol.png

I really enjoyed that last night, was fortunate to get to see it a day early with a very good friend 😄

I’m a bit skeptical about Marvel films at the moment but enjoyed every second of it. It was like an Eminem song, it’ll take me about 20 watches to catch everything.

The one thing I will say is that the stunt team on that film were incredible!

All I wanted was Ryan Reynolds and Hugh jackman sharing a screen with 10/10 chemistry. It achieves that in bucket loads so I’m happy. The plot isn’t great but it didn’t need to be. Some insanely fun cameos also 

If you loved the fox marvel movies youll love it, mega fan service for them, if you didnt not so sure

cba

On 7/25/2024 at 3:05 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

In terms of turning the MCU round it was never going to do that / nor  should it have been that kind of film. Im

glad it was self contained and not bogged down by all the MCU crap.

that being said I hope Disney take

the right lessons from how well this film will do and take those lessons into their future projects 

cba