Alright ye scurvy dags, time to hustle some shizzle

How much can you chip in reliably each month?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As summer draws to a close we're all gonna be doing our annual slow pilgrimage back to the playstations and PCs and start putting up with each other's bullshit again, and that means organizing stuff like FG Fridays, competitions, tournaments, etc. on top of an increased amount of posting and traffic on the forums as we'd rather talk shit on here than freeze our dangly bits off in the cold. 

As you'll also all have noticed, the forum is getting slow and clunky. Invision, the people who created this forum, are now stopping support for self-hosted packages like ours, and moving to a cloud only solution. This will cost $89 a month and will mean we can demand proper service from them, rather than mess about with whoever mates-rates devs we happen to be able to find on the day.

La, Lee and myself have been chatting about this in our super secret admin whatsapp group and we all agree that we're too old and busy to be messing about with slow software and unreliable support, so we're quite keen to move to the cloud solution. The pros of this are that we have one company to yell at rather than various people pointing fingers at each other, the forum will be faster, snappier, more secure and much more reliable. 

The con is that it'll cost a bit more.

Thing is, like this forum, we're all a bit older, a bit more plump in the wallet and I don't think any of us are scraping pennies every month. There are probably 25-30 regulars on here, so raising $90 a month should be a non-event. 

We'll also be reviewing the forum's needs, whether we're getting any value from the third party apps we're using, as well as the dedicated servers we're hosting for Minecraft / Valheim / Etc. It might mean a cull, but we'll see how the response to this post goes. 

So please respond to the poll, even if you're a current subscriber. 

Please also only respond if this money can be relied upon for the foreseeable future. 

Cheerio peeps, see you all online very soon ❤️ 

banlol.png

1 minute ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

I’ve been paying £10 to FG for about 6 months now I think? Is that standard for active members?

Thats the current highest one available, yep. Through this though we can work out if we try something different. Thanks for your support as always Elliott ❤️

Forum Signature Test.png

I've been quiet for a while - appreciate that's not like me at all (and they'll be a time to explain in more detail) - but we can't engage in the way we like until we get these problems fixed, and I've ran out of all creative ways to make the system work in the way we had hoped it would. Getting our home fixed is the biggest priority and I won't move forward until we're there. Everything can be bouncing again in no time, I have no doubt. Lets fix this together first. ❤️🖤

Forum Signature Test.png

3 minutes ago, techno said:

Dids post didn't make it clear but is this something on top of the subscription or should the response be subscription included? 

One sub only. 

banlol.png