RIP Tarkov

phil bottle

With the release of a new edition EFT pretty much killed themselves yesterday. I won't go into the details as I'm the only one who plays or cares but yeah they've always been a bit scummy but now they're pretty much hated by the whole community 🙈🤪😭

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I was always really interested in Tarkov but didn't take the plunge because I got fed up of the developers keeping the game in early access and moving goalposts with content and promises. They are really beginning to take the piss now and the greed has really set in. Also some really dumb decisions have been made on the direction the game is going in and so much time has been wasted on these fringe endeavours. 

Charging $250 is utterly unacceptable for a videogame especially when it's P2W and also locking a basic game mode behind it. I can only assume they wasted a huge amount of money on their failed battle royale venture and are now desperate. Even the $150 version was taking the piss. If they brought the game to Steam all those years ago and charged £35-40 then they probably would've netted an extra 10-15m players and eased many burdens with running the game through their own framework. 

It gets worse

WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Battlestate Games continues to assert that this upcoming mode does not constitute "DLC," and is thus not part of the $150 bundle.

So they don't have the capacity to support PvE even for users who bought the $150 game so they now expect people to pay $250 instead lmao! I can see why the offline mod was so popular and I honestly don't know why they don't go down this route - save a boatload on operating costs and allow people to play the mode as intended without the burden of being always online. If they can't afford it then they can't do it.

This situation is so dire, they'll probably have to call it quits, sell the brand to some diarrhoea Chinese company like Tencent and walk away before they wreck the game into absolute oblivion. 

They've finally backed down and I honestly didn't expect them too...but the community and even their pet streamers actually kept up the pressure, which surprised me, that's quite rare in gaming these days.

Was quite funny seeing Arma and other developers taking piss out of them, they've left a bad taste in one's mouth so will see if they've rescued themselves...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg