Video game club

I don't know if this will get any interest as most people are here for multiplayer gaming but thought I'd give it a try.

I was thinking it might be a nice idea to try doing a game club similar to how a book club runs, we all vote on a relatively inexpensive single player story driven game to buy and play through over the course of a couple of months and then jump on chat one night a week or even discuss it in here and how we are getting on with it, what we are enjoying and not enjoying etc etc, talk about the writing, the story etc.

Would that peak anyone's interest? With games such as Baldurs gate down the road where you can approach things so differently it could be good fun I thought.

Anyway, yeah will see if there's any interest first 🙂

Luseth.png

I think it’s a great idea! I have always wanted to be involved in something like that but have either never found the right group or never found the time or organise it myself. 

I think we would have to work out some logistics etc but definitely put me down as interested. 

I would suggest one way to do would be to try and pick games that are on a subscription service (Gamepass, ps plus, EA play etc), that way the majority of people can play the game for free using the service they are already paying for, therefore not spending money just for this. I know not everyone will subscribe to these services and if not we can still try to find a cheap game on the service? 

One potential idea is recording a review/discussion video. It will be difficult to arrange but if we could find a time where everyone (or the majority) could spare an hour or so to join up on discord and record a conversation reviewing and discussing the game. To upload to a Forever Gaming YouTube channel? Just a thought. 

A nice idea, could be up for it depending on games chosen and time available.

Maybe a part of the conversation could be to agree an FG review score for the game out of 10 or 100 whatever...and post it on the forum.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

A nice idea, could be up for it depending on games chosen and time available.

Maybe a part of the conversation could be to agree an FG review score for the game out of 10 or 100 whatever...and post it on the forum.

Definitely like this idea! 

A great idea Matt - we did try it briefly before but as always its about getting enough people behind the idea. Its likely it would work best if its maybe 1 game a month and as you say, something cheap or free to get involved in that we can all focus efforts on to have a good chinwag over it on here. We also did FG Film Club like this but I noticed doing it weekly was a hard slog (although would love to see that back too).

Loving the ideas of FG scores. I've never found a way yet to record them in a smarter way but that doesn't stop us sticking them on posts like Phil has mentioned.

I think if you can have a think of some certain games that could be potentials to maximise the amount of people that could get involved in this, lets then see if we can make it work for the upcoming month perhaps!

Nice one Matt! @Luseth

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb