Tomb raider remastered

On February 14th the first 3 games are coming out for ps4 and ps5 the price I think is pretty reasonable at 24.99.

I'm pretty hyped mainly for the 2nd game.

There's not many pictures and only a short clip so not much to go on.

Anyone else picking these up.

slamminbones.png

I personally don’t have any nostalgia for the Tomb Raider games as I never played them when I was younger. However I know they are beloved games and probably ones I should at least try! I will wait and see what the reaction is when they release, we all remember the poor launch of the GTA remasters! 

I'm personally looking to try and get my PS1 ready to be able to play the original ones again at some point over weekends. They were stellar games back in the day @slamminbones, I agree. For me it was actually the puzzles and abit of the story that sucked me in. I remember once as a teenager being stuck on Tomb Raider 3 round my Nan and Grandads house and all of a sudden I had my Dad, Grandad and Uncle trying to help me get past this certain bit to know where to go. Ahh the days before YouTube was a thing 😄

@WelchyTV, I think it is hard to like remasters if you never grew up with them as I feel like they are always targeted at the crowd that played them before. If you like puzzle type games and work past the graphics (because obviously it won't look and feel the latest gen), then I'd say its a cheap pick up to say the least. Also depends how much you enjoy playing those older games too. I think you have to have a certain brain now to get past the graphical side as lots of younger games switch off if it looks old, which you would expect some of this to be that way.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Made a thread about this last year but not much new information has come to light since.

It's nice that Embracer have decided not to hold all their IP's they bought off Square Enix under ransom but the interest in this seems quite dry and games like Uncharted have far surpassed in narrative and mechanics. You can also buy the original Tomb Raider trilogy in the Steam sales for £2.49 so this will probably be a hard sell and lots of users already emulate these via Duckstation. It really depends on how well the games are modernised without losing the original feel but I dunno if the OG mechanics will translate well. 

I do want to jump straight on to the 2nd but will be going through them in order.

I'm all for remasters but it's the remakes as I find they have modernised them for today's gamers not the generation that grew up playing them.

slamminbones.png

I do hope they ditch the "tank" controls, and have a more modern movement style.  Much like how Metroid Prime remastered added the dual stick controls, I feel this series of games would benefit from it.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Was reading up on the trophies a couple weeks ago and it seems they've done something similar to modern warfare 3 with 3 platinums for the ps4 and no platinums for the ps5 now I'm not saying every hame should have one but surely as its on both systems surely both should have them if not then I would of thought having just the ps5 would of been the better option.

slamminbones.png