Playstation boss to retire

phil bottle

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has to retire at some point I guess! Difficult to know right now what it will do to PlayStation for the future but I wouldn't expect this to change anything much in the short to medium term. He has overseen some almighty years and pulled them back from the brink when the original Xbox and Xbox 360 took control of the market.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

He has to retire at some point I guess! Difficult to know right now what it will do to PlayStation for the future but I wouldn't expect this to change anything much in the short to medium term. He has overseen some almighty years and pulled them back from the brink when the original Xbox and Xbox 360 took control of the market.

Xbox definitely has never been in any control of the market even against niche Nintendo. PS2 is still to this day the biggest selling console of all time and every PlayStation console has sold substantially more than the 360 by tens of millions of units. Even the PSP sold 3x the rate of the original Xbox. The one thing Sony has always achieved was its relentless dominance over Microsoft in the past 30 years. 

The only things they got wrong IMO was the backwards compatibility and shitty online service but even then, it didn’t harm them at all.