Diablo 4 Dead in the Water?

J4MES OX4D

Anyone still involved in this? In the last week or so, viewership has dropped below Diablo 2 and 3 to between 400-1300, plus several popular Diablo-focused content creators have not only stopped playing this game, but have also seemingly departed the series. Haven't been following much since post-launch but it seems things have gone from bad to worse and Blizzard has been making some rather bizarre and unworkable design choices. I was looking to jump into the game at some stage but it does seem in a really bad place right now and I'm not sure if they will be able to turn it around. 

I think a lot of it was timing, it came out and the game is half decent and enjoyable but since then the likes of Starfield and Baldurs gate have been released.

To keep the player count high while competing with arguably 2 of the biggest releases of the year is a tough ask.

Luseth.png

Such a shame. I'd like to go back to it but not really sure what i'd be doing other than just seeing the story through. Another game had thats stalled and gone backwards after sprinting ahead to the 50 metre point.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

13 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Such a shame. I'd like to go back to it but not really sure what i'd be doing other than just seeing the story through. Another game had thats stalled and gone backwards after sprinting ahead to the 50 metre point.

Possibly why it's heading to game pass soon.  They must be losing players, and considering the success of helldivers 2, they'll lose more.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

14 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

Possibly why it's heading to game pass soon.  They must be losing players, and considering the success of helldivers 2, they'll lose more.

I was going to say this. I have no history with Diablo whatsoever but was looking forward to it coming to Game Pass so I could give it a go, shame to hear it’s not doing so well now!