Xbox's Phil Spencer email leak - Wanting to ALL of Nintendo and Warner Bros. Gaming

GazzaGarratt

Did not expect this. If there even was a slither of this potentially happening, doubt it ever will now its out there for the world to see their plan:

https://x.com/tomwarren/status/1704021807341203802?s=20

image.png

I think its no secret that if Nintendo sold some or all of their first party titles to other platforms they would make a killing - but thats just not their business model. The Switch sales alone justify their model and why it is so successful as they keep themselves so self-contained. Shame there isn't much in it about how they could make them better, just all about all the money and benefit to own the asset outright.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Did not expect this. If there even was a slither of this potentially happening, doubt it ever will now its out there for the world to see their plan:

https://x.com/tomwarren/status/1704021807341203802?s=20

image.png

I think its no secret that if Nintendo sold some or all of their first party titles to other platforms they would make a killing - but thats just not their business model. The Switch sales alone justify their model and why it is so successful as they keep themselves so self-contained. Shame there isn't much in it about how they could make them better, just all about all the money and benefit to own the asset outright.

Nintendo are so far ahead of Xbox that there would be no benefit or logic for them to sell themselves out especially to a western company. It would’ve detracted from their own system if they gave access away to their key assets and they would’ve lost their unique position in the global market. It would’ve also caused an outrage in Japan too I expect. L