Battlefield Levolution

J4MES OX4D

Found this incredible compilation of all the levolution events and destruction in Battlefield games since 2011.  Some of these still look absolutely spectacular especially the BF4 ones a decade on. Remarkably impressive technically even now and they look and sound incredible!

Got a bit limited since BF1 and really started to feel flat up to 2042. Despite the silly terminology, these destructible elements added so much and even radically changed maps on the fly. DICE were really at their peak with things like this and I think it was taken for granted a bit back in the day and largely went unappreciated because we assumed that this is how gaming should be and where it expected to be now. Battlefield 2042 even after all the work still remains soulless and bland in this respect and it’s levolution events amount of mere inconvenience most of the time.

I really hope the next Battlefield game goes back to these roots. No more WW2 titles or gimmick futuristic ones. BF3 and 4 just oozed unmatched atmosphere and detail.

On 7/22/2023 at 10:54 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Found this incredible compilation of all the levolution events and destruction in Battlefield games since 2011.  Some of these still look absolutely spectacular especially the BF4 ones a decade on. Remarkably impressive technically even now and they look and sound incredible!

Got a bit limited since BF1 and really started to feel flat up to 2042. Despite the silly terminology, these destructible elements added so much and even radically changed maps on the fly. DICE were really at their peak with things like this and I think it was taken for granted a bit back in the day and largely went unappreciated because we assumed that this is how gaming should be and where it expected to be now. Battlefield 2042 even after all the work still remains soulless and bland in this respect and it’s levolution events amount of mere inconvenience most of the time.

I really hope the next Battlefield game goes back to these roots. No more WW2 titles or gimmick futuristic ones. BF3 and 4 just oozed unmatched atmosphere and detail.

I think as with a lot of big developers, they lost sight of the core fan base. They are the fans you want to keep on side at all times because without them your game would not exist and won't exist in the future. They have tried multiple times now to capture audiences of COD, fornite etc by bringing in their stupid battle royale modes on one hand or increasing the map & player number sizes exponentially. But these are things the fan base never asked for or wanted. In fact the thing that really put me off Dice / EA this time around was blaming other games and developers, in fact they even blamed Covid. If I remember rightly Halo was blamed because the two games launched around the same time and Halo was incredibly polished while Battlefield wasn't, I mean well fekkin release a polished game then instead of the turd they did release.

That said the real issue was the direction they went, it had nothing to do with what was going on in the world, they again tried to do something that no one wanted all because they keep seeing green dollar signs (pushed by EA). All most battlefield players ever wanted was more of the same, more explosions, more destruction etc etc and instead we got a couple of tornados that you could fly around with your wingsuit..... Feel like fortnight much?

Luseth.png