Star Wars Outlaws

I love anything Star Wars, my only concern is the Ubisoft formula, it was feeling very tired the last few games and if they have applied it here just with a Star Wars skin it's really going to be disappointing. I will be waiting for reviews before buying ^_^

Luseth.png

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I agree, these things tend to set precedents and probably a glimpse of things to come in the gaming industry. 

Pirating or waiting for sales is how I'll be going if that's the case 🥳 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I don’t like the idea of selling season passes as part of deluxe editions etc, especially for games we have no idea are even good or not! 

Even when God of War 2018, my favourite game of all time, had the sequel Ragnarok coming out I refused to buy any deluxe edition. Just give me my £70 standard version and I’m happy.

For Star Wars Outlaws, I want to see a bit more before I commit £70, but I probably will! 

16 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I agree, these things tend to set precedents and probably a glimpse of things to come in the gaming industry. 

Pirating or waiting for sales is how I'll be going if that's the case 🥳 

This sorta thing has been around for many years yet yet publishers keep adopting it yet it surely doesn't benefit sales in the long run. Some games have had such convoluted pre-release/puchase aspects in play which just alienate players so much, rather than spending even the base game rate, they wait for a sale as you say. Who could forget EA's epic fail charts..

The thing that pisses me off with this $70/$110/$130 garbage is that the people that are paying the standard base game rate are actually getting the game 3 days late and are missing out on content as well as risking spoilers. Those that are getting ripped off paying $110 get to essentially play the game on time (even though it says 'early access' and are paying $40 extra for one shitty mission and a low-effort .pdf. 

I think Ubisoft are slyly trying to push people to their garbage subscription service where you can play the entire thing for $15. Might not be a bad one-off shout especially for a one and done Ubisoft single player title. Games like Baldurs Gate 3 keep it simple - £50 and the entire game is yours with no bullshit or having to miss out on stuff because you didn't pay £30-40 more.