Friday night games

Luseth

We have discussed a few games the last couple of nights and speak to Lee yesterday about how Friday's have sort of becoming just COD by default I thought I would put up a thread to discuss other games we all have (or might be willing to pick up) and see if we can generate some interest for different games to keep switching it up and keep Friday's a little more fresh? COD's fine but we play it a fair few nights of the week 😄

Just going through my library I have the following that might be good or sound like there has been appetite in the past -

GTA V

Destiny 2

Worms WMD (This was spoke about last night and has more that old school worms vibe it seems)

Among us

Overwatch 2

Fall Guys

Hell let loose?

Star wars battlefront 2 (As something different)

Battlefield 2042 (As it's free on ps plus)

Rocket League

Just nosing through the store as well, just wondering if there would be appetite for any of these -

Diablo 2 remaster (Not sure if this is to everyones taste but has an 8 player limit apparently)

Super bomberman

Crash Team Racing

Everybodys golf

Conan Exiles

If anyone has any other suggestions, ideally games of 8 players or more I suppose?

My thinking is if I can see people or up for playing any of the above I'm happy to put the event up every now and again as Lee has his hands full a bit at the moment it sounds like ^_^

Luseth.png

Not sure how many players it has but maybe uno could be a laugh.

On the store I think there's poker games think their free again not sure on players.

We've done bomberman not sure why we've not gone back to it but the golf games we should definitely look into.

slamminbones.png

Fall guys, rocket league, and wreck fest were fun FG Friday games as well.  I think I only ever played the GTA5 races once, but I did watch a few times.  Those were just crazy.  Lol

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

The most successful FG Friday games will also be the ones most accessible to large parties grouping up and the ones that cover off an element of variety in-game. I think the staple games I'll always try and arrange nights as a minimum for FG are:

• GTA Races (Car races and other car modes can take up to 16-18, others slightly less)
  • Among Us & Fall Guys (Both really require at least 10 of us to play so its more varied, and worthwhile to try out - also, these games normally have a 2 hour limit cos they are simplistic games).
  • CoD MW Remastered (Most have it cos it was free years ago on PS Plus - and you can have up to 16-18 on Gun Game)
  • CoD MW2 (Seems to be the most up to date game most have and does have many gamemodes that can be used in Private Matches. Need to check can we have more than 12 in Private though)
  • Wreckfest (Max 16 players. When we all have PS5s that goes up to 24)

Couple of things to mention. We've slacked this year on FG Fridays because I have. No excuses. I ploughed effort into all parts of FG in Jan and haven't got a rythm going yet. Also, to get new games into this list reglarly is extremely difficult because a) not everyone owns whatever game we suggest and b) most other games struggle to get anywhere near 12 in one group. A few thoughts on the other candidates that would work some one off nights but maybe not as regular FG Fridays:

• Battlefield 2042 or 4 - Most have 4, some have 2042. The squad size is an absolute killer. Max 4 in squad is just a nightmare. Private matches are difficult as maps are so big. It would help if we had 20+ for this, so more FGers are needed for sure.
  • Destiny 2 - Most have it but limited to 6v6 Deathmatch or Control. Difficult because most haven't played much so may not have a back catalog of guns so if we wanted to be creative, we struggle because there aren't the same guns owned by everyone. You also sometimes find people joke too much about this which puts people off it before we even play.
  • Overwatch 2 - We did try this a few times. Main challenge is again the max party size. Can only really play team games so 3v3, 4v4 or now max 5v5 which is a PITA cos it used to be 6v6. Most nights on FPS tend to need a large Free For All mode, like Gun Game, One in the Chamber, Snipers Only, etc, but I think FFA is maxed out at 8 on this game.
  • Star Wars BF2 - We tried this once, was really up for it - max 4 in squad killed it. Such a stupid rule as we hoped it would work but no one could get on with it for Private or Public lobbies. Most own it though.
  • Super Bomberman - We've done this a few more times and has been successful a few times. You can have up to 64 players and game is cheap on PS Store if not owned. Difficulty is longevity. Some struggle to play more than 30 mins, max 60. Would work well with a Fall Guys or Among Us night.
  • Brawhalla - Max 8 players. Fun small game and similar to Bomberman. Just wish more than 8 could join.
  • Sports games like Golf, other Racers. I think these would work well but difficulty is many don't own the same game or version to crossplay.

I could go on, but as you can see its something I've put a lot of effort and thought into over the years and continue to do so. Challenge is understanding the whole FG crowd and trying to find something that hits the spot on. Thats tough sometimes as we are a very unique and diverse group. FG Fridays don't always have to be large 12+ nights, always open to try out other stuff that has lower max players. The challenge is always what do you do when max is 10 and 11th person shows up. We try to help where possible with larger ones so no one misses out. Maybe the RSVP system needs to be used better here, I don't know if i'm honest.

One thing is clear though, no matter how many turn up, FG Fridays were and still are killer as long as everyone makes an effort to get the word out and join in, even if you were hoping to play one of the other games on the list.

I'll think of some other options out these when I check whats available for cheap or owned in our back catalog.

Forum Signature Test.png

On 3/13/2023 at 11:38 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Couple of things to mention. We've slacked this year on FG Fridays because I have. No excuses. I ploughed effort into all parts of FG in Jan and haven't got a rythm going yet. Also, to get new games into this list reglarly is extremely difficult because a) not everyone owns whatever game we suggest and b) most other games struggle to get anywhere near 12 in one group.

There's enough people here to help you out though 🙂 You have a busy life just like the rest of us I am sure!

As for new games, appreciate it's difficult, the thread is to just try and get discussion going and suggestions out there. I don't know what the Friday's used to be like but the Friday just gone I found it quite pleasant just chatting while everyone played various different games. My enjoyment of FG is that it is very much a group of friends and not necassarily the games we play together ^_^

Luseth.png