Pc or PlayStation

crispymorgan

Thinking of getting the dlc for pc.  Bit annoyed that it isn't cross purchase.  I love the pick up and play aspect of PlayStation, but pc is better for serious accuracy when you really need to make a sniper shot for example.  Only draw back is the convoluted way of need to integrate PlayStation chat.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Discord will be in Playstation soon so I hope at that point it will open up crossplay way more than it does today @crispymorgan.

However, I'll always get it for my playstation as thats where i've got all my previous DLC for D2.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

26 minutes ago, techno said:

So I was thinking of moving destiny to pc and see everything crosses over till I noticed lightfall is missing. So reading this I assume then I'd have to buy it for the pc now as well as owning it on ps5, if that's the case hell no.

DLCs are platform specific whereas the seasons and season pass you can buy anyway as that content is then available across all platforms. I think @crispymorgan would be able to confirm if you can save money that way i.e. buy Lightfall DLC for main console/platform you will play it on and then Season Pass can be bought via a Steam Key to save money as it activates across everything.

51 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

DLCs are platform specific whereas the seasons and season pass you can buy anyway as that content is then available across all platforms. I think @crispymorgan would be able to confirm if you can save money that way i.e. buy Lightfall DLC for main console/platform you will play it on and then Season Pass can be bought via a Steam Key to save money as it activates across everything.

It's all new to me, I only noticed when I tried to equip strand ...🙄

Yep, as Lee said, DLC are platform specific so you'd have to buy for both if you wanted to play Lightfall on both.

I think Bungie wanted to do DLC tied to account, similar to how season passes work but IIRC Xbox and Steam were for it but Sony vetoed it.

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

1 hour ago, Bluebear said:

I think Bungie wanted to do DLC tied to account, similar to how season passes work but IIRC Xbox and Steam were for it but Sony vetoed it.

That's quite silly of Sony really. I could understand if they didn't want to burden their content servers when users have purchased on Steam/Xbox but Destiny 2 has players download the entire game with DLC ownership merely acting as an authentication element for content. So even if the user doesn't have DLC on that system, the content is still installed anyway. 

17 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

That's quite silly of Sony really. I could understand if they didn't want to burden their content servers when users have purchased on Steam/Xbox but Destiny 2 has players download the entire game with DLC ownership merely acting as an authentication element for content. So even if the user doesn't have DLC on that system, the content is still installed anyway. 

Sony are known to be holding on to not going full crossplay for everything as I believe they're nervous on what happens to the market when everything is crossplay. I wouldn't be surprised if we can though at some point in the next couple of years as pressure mounts on them to conform.

DLC wise, it will still be rare that someone plays the actual story content cross different consoles so luckily it doesn't impact many players. Also lucky for Sony as it only pisses off a very small % of players. As time goes on, the DLC should be far cheaper if people wanted to replay through different consoles/platforms.