What's wrong with Ghosts?

kylebees

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

You guys keep going on about CoD being the the same every year. Got a little secret to share...it's supposed to be the same! The formula works. People love CoD, and they buy it every year precisely because it's the same. If you change it too much you risk losing customers, who buy your game because they know what to expect from it. I think sometimes you guys forget that just because you all feel a certain way doesn't mean the community as a whole feels that way.

You guys keep going on about CoD being the the same every year. Got a little secret to share...it's supposed to be the same! The formula works. People love CoD, and they buy it every year precisely because it's the same. If you change it too much you risk losing customers, who buy your game because they know what to expect from it. I think sometimes you guys forget that just because you all feel a certain way doesn't mean the community as a whole feels that way.

You cant possibly speak for the whole CoD community. If you aren't bored of the same old every year then fair enough, but that's your opinion

Look at this community - we all came together because at some time we all loved CoD, now a whole bunch of us have had our heads turned by the shiny new Battlefield, or GTA - games that are ambitious in what they are trying to do. When CoD was great it was ground breaking, now its been left behind, that's my view

You cant possibly speak for the whole CoD community. If you aren't bored of the same old every year then fair enough, but that's your opinion

Look at this community - we all came together because at some time we all loved CoD, now a whole bunch of us have had our heads turned by the shiny new Battlefield, or GTA - games that are ambitious in what they are trying to do. When CoD was great it was ground breaking, now its been left behind, that's my view

I'm not speaking for the whole community, but you guys think that you do. Read what you just wrote. You're doing exactly that, saying that because you're bored of the game everyone else must be too. Yet the sheer number of people who still play CoD proves that many, many people still enjoy the game.

I'm not speaking for the whole community, but you guys think that you do. Read what you just wrote. You're doing exactly that, saying that because you're bored of the game everyone else must be too. Yet the sheer number of people who still play CoD proves that many, many people still enjoy the game.

Nope never said that. I said a whole bunch from this community (this forum) had had our heads turned  - that's just a fact (read this thread from start to finish for the proof)

Nope never said that. I said a whole bunch from this community (this forum) had had our heads turned - that's just a fact (read this thread from start to finish for the proof)

Which proves what exactly? So 30 or 40 people don't like Ghosts. What's your point?

Whether it's been said outright or not, the general tone of this forum is "we think this way so everyone else must too."

Looking at how many people have departed COD in general the past few months; I think most were hoping for a little bit more from Ghosts particularly as this being the biggest franchise in the industry. The formula isn't broken but that doesn't mean they can't innovate and take the game further. The fact that Ghosts has omitted so much of the good points from Black Ops 2 and even their very own MW3 has driven many on here away and in the worldwide community as a whole. 

Titanfall is of a similar style in terms the arcade feel but the gulf in quality between the two games is beyond ridiculous.

I can understand why people still play and enjoy Ghosts but I can also see why people are moving elsewhere onto more ambitious and better quality titles. 

Which proves what exactly? So 30 or 40 people don't like Ghosts. What's your point?

Whether it's been said outright or not, the general tone of this forum is "we think this way so everyone else must too."

It was you that said ' just because you all feel a certain way doesn't mean the community as a whole feels that way'. Not me. My point was you were speaking for the community as a whole (accidentally i'm sure), and I was pointing out that this little once-CoD-loving community is not reflecting what you were saying.

It was you that said ' just because you all feel a certain way doesn't mean the community as a whole feels that way'. Not me. My point was you were speaking for the community as a whole (accidentally i'm sure), and I was pointing out that this little once-CoD-loving community is not reflecting what you were saying.

Tens or hundreds of thousands of people play the game. I'll let you decide whose view that supports.

Tens or hundreds of thousands like One Direction. Doesn't mean they ain't crap 

Seriously - yes sure its a massive title, but it would be really interesting to know how many people were playing CoD this time one year ago, or two years ago, compared to now. And same for Battlefield - I bet the gap has narrowed massively.

Tens or hundreds of thousands like One Direction. Doesn't mean they ain't crap 

Seriously - yes sure its a massive title, but it would be really interesting to know how many people were playing CoD this time one year ago, or two years ago, compared to now. And same for Battlefield - I bet the gap has narrowed massively.

Exactly. 1D like COD is just a brand that is cleverly marketed. How many people buy COD every year only to feel let down that it wasn't what they were expecting? 

On PC, Battlefield 4 has a steady average at any given time of 85,000 with Ghosts having just shy of 5,500 now. A bit of a far cry from the MW2 days and even BO2 when you'd easily see upwards of 100k on and the community buzzing. I really miss the good old days of this series.

First, let's get back on topic. This is turning into exactly what I didn't want and that's a war over what game is better. They are different and let's leave it at that.

Second, I don't appreciate those of you who condescend those of us that still play and enjoy Ghosts. ALL OF YOU that have made statements as such have included everyone that still plays. I find that a bit pompous and it pisses me off.

Lastly, if I see one more statement about how much better Titanfall or BF4 or GTA is to Ghosts, I will ask to have this thread locked.

Carry on!!

I think everything has been pretty much covered now. 

The most important thing of gaming is people play what they enjoy most and I will never criticise anybody that still plays Ghosts regardless of my personal thoughts and disappointment of the game. I paid my money for it fair and square but it didn't reflect my hopes and expectations. If this was the last gen; I'd struggle to find a game to replace that I can play on a regular basis with friends but thankfully there is a fine choice of titles available now and in the future which is excellent for gamers and should be celebrated.

I see what your saying kyle, but the reason I dont play cod anymore is exactly because I dont think its as good as other avaliable games . doesn't mean im right, but that is the reason why I dont play it.

The thread is " whats wrong with ghosts" and for me whats wrong is that I dont think its going to be as enjoyable as something else.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

I have over nine days into Ghosts.  I enjoy it a lot.  First, three truths about online gaming, whether COD, BF4, and even TItanfall: One, every lobby will have some douches in it, but that's what the mute button is for.  Two, online gaming is always better when you roll with your friends, no matter how good or bad the game is, the experience is better with friends. Three, people will camp.  If you accept it as a given, it becomes less frustrating.

Anyhow, My two cents after all those hours into Ghosts:

PROS:

Connection is better than the last game, but not perfect.

Good weapon balance.  I can use a wider variety of weapons and still fell competitive.  

DOM scoring took a big step up for me in this iteration.  I am a decent player, but in spite of my KDR I enjoy DOM the most.  In this game you are rewarded with caps counting toward streak bonus.  Pair this with hardline and run the squad mate support streak (he gets YOU an additional CAP credit when he's on a flag with you).  Not unusual for me to get double digit caps in a game and near 9/10k XP each game.  (A special treat is playing DOM on Whiteout where the B flag is in the little cave in the middle--a C4 tossed in off the spawn can generate a triple kill--"XBox record that").

The ability to deal with campers.  When I play, I often use a kastet grenade launcher as my secondary and C4 as my lethal.  With a little practice, the kastet and C4 can be effective and humiliating tools to deal with campers.  I am to the point that I can be VERY accurate, even at distance and elevation, against campers and snipers.  I used to get frustrated with both snipers and campers, but with a little practice, you will turn your frustration into grins.  No one in Ghosts has ever accused me of being a "noob toober" in a lobby after a game and I must have hundreds of kills with the kastet.  I guess they don't want to bait me into exposing them as campers.

C4 deserves its own entry as a "pro." What a fun piece of gear.  Toss it into windows!  Toss it on flags!  Toss it around corners where a wounded enemy is waiting for you!

Weapon variety.  I covered weapon balance above, but the variety of weapons is a definite pro.  I used all of the weapons until I found at least one (and in the case of ARs, FIVE, that I like.  I now have classes that include each weapon type, including shotguns, SMGs, ARs, LMGs and even a sniper for occasional change of pace.

Perk variety.  Every bullshit tactic now has a counter.  You don't like dying from random IEDs?  Run blast shield, run sit rep.  There are so many options that any tactic has a counter.

Streak variety.  I prefer the support streaks, but in each of the streak packages there are many options.

Operations.  In order to level up as fast as possible, I always pay attention to operations.  I don't ever run canister bombs, but I saw recently that if I get 30 kills with it I will unlock a new uniform that looks pretty bad ass.  So now I'm running canister bomb for a few nights.

Player and weapon customization.  Literally thousands of combinations.  I love running difficult to earn uniforms and headgear. 

Map Packs.  I have the ability to buy all the extras and I usually do.  I understand the frustration of the "nickle and dime" argument, but I paid $60.00 for a game I've already played for 13,380 minutes.  With the cost of the map pack, the Sgt Price character (yes, I did), the extra slots for each character (1.99), I'm up to 9/10 of a cent for each minute played (or 56 cents per hour).

CONS:

Several of the maps suck.  I will not play on Siege.  I will not play TDM on Overlord.

Scoring in KC took a step backward in this iteration.

My KDR is the lowest its been in any COD.  I attribute this to the quick deaths.  But to be fair, this is really not a con in the sense that I'm still above 1.00 and I really judge a game on fun rather than KDR.

Anyhow, I really enjoy Ghosts.  I will keep playing.  If you don't care for it, I hope you find something you do enjoy.  I have ordered Titanfall and will give it a go.  Looks promising.  I enjoyed the beta.

Occam just one thing in bo2 everything countered towards streak bonus not just caps and kills, in Dom in ghosts only the first person on the flag gets the add which is shit, I loved Dom but very rarely play it in ghosts.

The challenges are lazy, why not have all the challenges unlocked so you can do any you want instead of having to wait for them to rotate or spend some squad point you just earned on rotating them.

Three are no where near the amount of people playing ghosts as previous cods, 4000 players in kc playlist is woeful, now that might be down to some extent to being on ps4 but I believe black ops had the most players and its been in decline since, even youtubers are leaving the series, and to some extent they are to blame for how the community is.

I have many days played on ghosts, I'm almost up to unlocking my last soldier I've prestige to six or seven times and still play the game but thus is the first time I preferred the previous game, is there fun to be had, yes absolutely but its just harder to find.

First, let's get back on topic. This is turning into exactly what I didn't want and that's a war over what game is better. They are different and let's leave it at that.

Second, I don't appreciate those of you who condescend those of us that still play and enjoy Ghosts. ALL OF YOU that have made statements as such have included everyone that still plays. I find that a bit pompous and it pisses me off.

Lastly, if I see one more statement about how much better Titanfall or BF4 or GTA is to Ghosts, I will ask to have this thread locked.

Carry on!!

If you are going to ask a question like what is wrong with Ghost on a forum where clearly most of us no longer play you should expect comments you are not going to like if you happen to like the game.

I believe that everyone that made statements about the game purchased the game and played the game. None of us said anything negative to those of you that still play the game before you went and asked what we thought was wrong with it.

Patrick, I have no issue with people posting their opinions on why they no longer play or like Ghosts. I do, however, have an issue with people continuing to bash the game in this thread after they have stated their view. I simply wanted to know what everyone's thoughts were that left Ghosts to go play other games. This thread should probably be locked as people don't get it. 

Just a FYI, please go back and read statements by Adam, Brede and James. All 3 made negative remarks about people that still play Ghosts and that means me. Sorry I take offense to that!!! 

And there's also this!!!

And that's because the game makes it noob-friendly in my opinion. 

The community was at its best with Black Ops 2 and morale was very high. Apart from the connection issues; it was a great COD but by removing all the things that made that game good in Ghosts; it's kinda killed it for me.