What's wrong with Ghosts?

kylebees

Bees if you ever want to play Battlefield we can get into a empty lobby and go over things. I've told you before I have no problem helping you out. I will still play CoD just not happily.

Oh Bob why just why

Yes I definitely had times when I considered jacking it

Not at all Bob. Reason being, the learning curve. There is no where to learn the game and all that it offers. Having never played any of the Battlefield games, I have no idea how or what anything is in the game. If it wasn't for Chris, I wouldn't have known how to even sign up for Battlelog.

With this being said, I will give Battlefield another try, simply because I miss gaming with everyone. However, I will suck and bitch and complain the whole time. Not to mention, I'll ask a bunch of questions. This does not mean that I won't still play COD. Maybe it's because I didn't start playing CoD until the middle of MW2, that the game hasn't gotten boring for me yet.

Again, I didn't want this to be a game war. I just wanted to know why no one plays this anymore.

I understand where you`re coming from regarding BF. I bought BF3 and gave up after 9 hours of gameplay. That`s why I was unsure to get BF4.

Yeah, the lurning curve is steep, but I play TDM and DOM still as I don`t have a clue on Conquest :lol: It actually feels alot like COD as the maps are smaller but with less bullshit.  And another good thing: You can play with EU peeps and vice versa and it`s still very playable :D

I started playing FPS in the middle of MW2 myself, but am bored like hell with it.

I'm with Bees on this one. MW2 was the best CoD ever and Ghosts is right behind it.

-The scorestreak mechanic was great, but all it did was reward players who already played the objective. Black Ops 2 didn't have more or less killwhores or objective players than any other CoD, and neither does Ghosts. People play like they've always played. (Side note: in my experience Battlefield players aren't much better than trying to win than CoD players)

-Maps are much better and more varied than BO2.

-Connections are obviously much better.

-Create a class is improved. I didn't care for the Pick 10 system, but Ghosts nails it with the wealth of perks available. I can build my guy however I want without being penalized for attachments or more perks from the same tier.

-Create a soldier is a big improvement on the prestige system. You get to start from scratch and try new things without losing everything you worked so hard for. Plus you get lots of classes.

-Hardpoint sucked 6v6 and HQ was my least favorite mode, so it's fine by me that they're gone. Also I was on the fence whether 2 round Dom was an improvement so I don't care that they switched it back.

I'm far from a BF fan (at least not the current ones), so my words aren't biased when I say this:

The guns don't have the "oomph" that 3ARC's weapons have.

All they do is lay there when you shoot, and if they do have recoil, it's generic and just feels like the gun is moving lazily.

I feel removed from the experience, and frankly, that's their greatest sin.

Compare, say, BO2's weapons to Ghosts. BO1, even. Waw too!

They have a real presence. That "oomph" that I crave.

DM9ON.png

I'm far from a BF fan (at least not the current ones), so my words aren't biased when I say this:

The guns don't have the "oomph" that 3ARC's weapons have.

All they do is lay there when you shoot, and if they do have recoil, it's generic and just feels like the gun is moving lazily.

I feel removed from the experience, and frankly, that's their greatest sin.

Compare, say, BO2's weapons to Ghosts. BO1, even. Waw too!

They have a real presence. That "oomph" that I crave.

5414660_8716bf615a.jpg

I know, it's something I can't really explain. x)

Like explaining color to a person who's been blind his whole life.

From the first time I shoot a gun in any game, I can tell whether or not I'm gonna like it.

I'm not weird. Shut up. x)

DM9ON.png

I still enjoy CoD games. But like you said no one is ever on anymore and you can only play so much solo. Plus with the release of the new systems doesn't help the situation. Not everyone can afford it right now, if I had a PS4 I would be online a lot. Lately I have seen more people playing BF4 so I went and got a used copy and jumped on. But majority have the DLC for it and I can't join their server. So then it's just like Ghosts again playing solo.

"Oomph"? You mean hitmarker, hitmarker, hitmarker aaaaand I got turned on? I've actually been going back to MW3 lately. I don't know why but I find this to be the best game they made. BO1 was decent once they fixed the party issues. BO2 was the worst crap I ever had the misfortune of playing next to WaW. I like Ghosts, it's not perfect, but it's good and fun most of the time. My only issue with it at the moment is that I always seem to play alone. The majority of the Playstation community here seems to have moved on to the PS4 or just not play Ghosts. Also when playing solo I just can't deal with the ammount of campers and randoms pushing for spawn flips making you an easy target.

"Oomph"? You mean hitmarker, hitmarker, hitmarker aaaaand I got turned on? I've actually been going back to MW3 lately. I don't know why but I find this to be the best game they made. BO1 was decent once they fixed the party issues. BO2 was the worst crap I ever had the misfortune of playing next to WaW. I like Ghosts, it's not perfect, but it's good and fun most of the time. My only issue with it at the moment is that I always seem to play alone. The majority of the Playstation community here seems to have moved on to the PS4 or just not play Ghosts. Also when playing solo I just can't deal with the ammount of campers and randoms pushing for spawn flips making you an easy target.

Ha, no, oomph as in the feel of the guns. x)

Everyone always talks about the connection, I found it to be perfectly playable.

DM9ON.png

Cod is always the same boring try to kill the other guys and camp to get my killstreaks shit.

Games like BF3 and BF4 are more versatile where even if you can't constantly kill the enemy go can contribute and perhaps even lead your team to victory. You can heal, you can supply, you can repair, you can blow the hell out of vehicles, you can order the squad around and you can play the objective. You are actually rewarded pretty well for doing that. Often better than simply getting a kill. 

Spawns can be way better because recons can place a spawn point. You can spawn on teams mates, you can spawn on objectives (cause good players to play the objective to have the spawn point and make sure the enemy does not). 

I think I got to level 23 on Ghost and was totally bored of it. I know I can't play for more than an hours without being totally bored so why bother.

@Cyber

Comparing BF to CoD is like comparing an Apple to an orange.

It's just silly.

If I were silly, I could say that the action in BF slows to a crawl way to frequently and you can't find anyone in those giant maps and that vehicle whores are always mucking e everything up, while the action in CoD is always fast paced and engagements end quick enough for you to spawn and get right back into the action....

But that'd be silly.

I'm not defending Ghosts, nor am I attacking Battlefield.

I'm protecting the idea of different tastes.

DM9ON.png

@Cyber

Comparing BF to CoD is like comparing an Apple to an orange.

It's just silly.

If I were silly, I could say that the action in BF slows to a crawl way to frequently and you can't find anyone in those giant maps and that vehicle whores are always mucking e everything up, while the action in CoD is always fast paced and engagements end quick enough for you to spawn and get right back into the action....

But that'd be silly.

I'm not defending Ghosts, nor am I attacking Battlefield.

I'm protecting the idea of different tastes.

COD and Battlefield have always been very different games but they are compared mostly due to being in the same popular genre and there isn't much competition until now with Titanfall which will be essentially going toe to toe with Call of Duty. 

I think comparatively; Battlefield and Call of Duty offer very different experiences with COD being more an arcade-based shooter and Battlefield focusing more on the realism and tactical aspect on a grander scale. I'm not calling BF a simulator but it does depict a more realism-focused environment. I prefer arcade games like COD as I grew up with the likes of UT, Counterstrike and Q3 but Battlefield 4 as a package and experience is streets ahead in every respect but I can understand why people still play and enjoy Ghosts. If it was 2009; Ghosts would be great but this is 2014 and having seen what games are on offer in this generation; I feel COD is dated and ultimately stale.

Call of Duty has been too comfortable in the gaming market with limited competition but Titanfall will shake things up a bit and hopefully COD will improve and expand at a greater rate.

Hell, why not have both?

When I had BFBC2 and it wasn't a CoD type of day. I'd merrily play that, and vice versa.

It's all a matter of what you're in the mood for, really. At least for me.

I do have both. Can't remember when I last played or felt like playing Ghost however. 

What's wrong with Ghost, it's the same thing day after day after day. It doesn't take very long for it to get too repetitive and boring as far as I am concern. 

Why do I compare to BF4, because that seems to be the FPS game that most people on the forum have taken up instead of Ghost. GTAV would also be completely different, but people never seem to talk about that game anymore. I don't think anyone talks about that game being boring either

@ Datte I agree that if it was on last gen or if they didn't have the 64 player conquest it would be boring on the big maps. What they have done with the maps for TDM or DOM there seems to be constant action.

Oh yeah, I had a lot more fun playing those two modes than the showcased Conquest and Rush in the beta.

Way faster paced. Even in my last days with BF³, I had more fun playing TDM in that shipyard map than in the whole combined week.

DM9ON.png

Another reason.....DLC for battlefield. generally, we get new maps and vehicles/gamemodes

Cod DLC - a fucking camo skin pack to put ducks on your guns.................

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

Another reason.....DLC for battlefield. generally, we get new maps and vehicles/gamemodes

Cod DLC - a fucking camo skin pack to put ducks on your guns.................

I find the DLC for COD stingy considering how much £££ the community has chipped into the franchise over the years and still we get 4 maps and 1 novelty plus worthless mini-DLC that is dumbing down what was a serious shooter once. Can't they give out some free maps in a full pack or something as a gesture? Counterstrike Global Offensive has over 20,000 maps to choose from in the community and we're lumbered with costly DLC and Extinction which many people don't play.

Battlefield Premium seems to offer so much as a package and is great value for money in the long run. 

Yeah basically I feel like ive out grown cod. Its not done much to keep "serious" gamers...it just panders to the lowest common denominator now.

The lack of innovation or making the game about skill also has just become a bit lame.

The cod complaint thread is basically about dogs and ieds. I mean which idiots thought that having something so rage inducing would be moving the game forward? Atleast trollarch tried.

Innovation for iw and trollarch tho..." oh look we have a sliding door" ..oh look the map changes and pisses everyone off"....and d.vondehelmet.." the worlds first dlc cod map with moving water and lava!" ...I mean cmon!? Seriously thats innovation???? That's just fucking lame!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

Yeah basically I feel like ive out grown cod. Its not done much to keep "serious" gamers...it just panders to the lowest common denominator now.

The lack of innovation or making the game about skill also has just become a bit lame.

The cod complaint thread is basically about dogs and ieds. I mean which idiots thought that having something so rage inducing would be moving the game forward? Atleast trollarch tried.

Innovation for iw and trollarch tho..." oh look we have a sliding door" ..oh look the map changes and pisses everyone off"....and d.vondehelmet.." the worlds first dlc cod map with moving water and lava!" ...I mean cmon!? Seriously thats innovation???? That's just fucking lame!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

LOL! The lava didn't even move either which was kinda pathetic! I quite like Vahn but I have never seen a man get quite so excited before over a door opening or cable car moving that he ends up with a stiffy in the promo videos :lol:

Can't be as bad as Tina Palacios trying to sound excited about the fact you can open a container door on Ghosts for no reason whatsoever!