What's wrong with Ghosts?

kylebees

The game and the community just felt soulless and I had to depart. 

That wasn't a personal attack on anybody. The only person who has taken a swipe at people is LC Scipio by referring to Battlefield players as 'BF fanboys' who bash COD in his PPR.  

As people know, I play on PC and when you have just 2,000 online and people just complaining in the text box; the morale sinks. Empty servers and negativity does not encourage me to participate compounded with the issues I encountered when playing Ghosts that I have already stated. Like I've said in this thread already and on a post you 'liked', I will never criticise anybody that plays or enjoys the game.

I speak for the PC version and the PC version only and my opinions aren't reflected to that of the consoles or the community as I am not familiar (apart from BO2) with the game at that level. I wasn't speaking on a broader generalisation reflective of the console gamers and was just giving my thoughts based on my experiences from the PC title. 

And finally. there's this...

Yeah basically I feel like ive out grown cod. Its not done much to keep "serious" gamers...it just panders to the lowest common denominator now.

I appreciate all those that contributed to this thread. I now see why many of you have left. There are many valid points on what makes this game not as good as others and there are other points that agree with me. With that being said, I have no hard feelings towards anyone here. We all have our own thoughts and opinions. Let's not make this a bigger deal than it is. We are talking about fucking video games for heaven's sake!!

Kyle, I would have thought you'd realise that no one is intentionally including you in their generalisations of the cod community as a whole. But yeah its only a video game. I should probably get back to work!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

Occam just one thing in bo2 everything countered towards streak bonus not just caps and kills, in Dom in ghosts only the first person on the flag gets the add which is shit, I loved Dom but very rarely play it in ghosts.

The challenges are lazy, why not have all the challenges unlocked so you can do any you want instead of having to wait for them to rotate or spend some squad point you just earned on rotating them.

Three are no where near the amount of people playing ghosts as previous cods, 4000 players in kc playlist is woeful, now that might be down to some extent to being on ps4 but I believe black ops had the most players and its been in decline since, even youtubers are leaving the series, and to some extent they are to blame for how the community is.

I have many days played on ghosts, I'm almost up to unlocking my last soldier I've prestige to six or seven times and still play the game but thus is the first time I preferred the previous game, is there fun to be had, yes absolutely but its just harder to find.

Techno, thanks for the info on the DOM scoring, I was not aware that only the first player on a flag got credit on his score streak for it.  I guess I don't notice because I'm often the first one on.  I have no problem with that as it rewards aggression and unselfish play.

Spending a squad point for new operations doesn't bother me.  I bought new operations 8 times before the one I wanted came up.  I like that when you buy new operations, the ones you are close to don't go away.

I agree, the overall numbers playing Ghosts are way down.  I'm on Xbox One and in the evening (8-10pm Central time--I think we are GMT -6) there are between 30,000 and 40,000 on XBL.  When I was playing BO2 on XBox 360 there were often 300,000+ on and sometimes 400,000.  I think this will continue in the coming years until the 360 and PS3 are retired.  Four consoles and PC make a pretty fractured game base.  None of that matters though if they can keep reducing lag.  I played last evening and heard some Spanish, so I know with the lower numbers we are getting put into games with players from much further away.

Anyhow, none of these issues are big deals to me.  I bought my first Xbox (a 360) to play BO1 a few years ago, and other than Skyrim (awesome) and Far Cry 3 (pretty good) I really only use the game system for COD titles.

I try to take the strengths and weaknesses of each title and adapt my game to them.  For example, in Ghosts, I know the first to get on target and fire will often win the gun fight, so every class has stalker and my go to ARs, R5 and AK12 have dead eye.  Also, maybe because I'm old and don't care, as long as my KDR stays above 1.00 I don't get too bent out of shape.  I figure I get as many bullshit kills as I receive bullshit deaths.  It all evens out.

Plus I tried BF 3 when it came out and I just find that I prefer the arcade shooter to the more tactical one.  God bless those of you who have the mind and feel for the BF series, I am just not one who does.

Again Brede, I didn't take it personally but they way you phrased you're comment, I could have. No big deal. 

Aaron, very well said. I have to agree with every point you have made. I have adjusted very well to Ghosts and I guess I'm the same as you, I prefer the arcade shooter. 

(I'm mobile so bare with my mistakes.)

I might be late to the party... And no one will probably care what the underpants thinks. But... Here it goes.

I haven't played Ghosts as much as I would have liked to simply because of my personal happenings. I've also been enjoying some other games. But back to Call of Duty.

My favorite of the franchise was CoD4 and MW2. I loved what Treyarch had to offer, but I could NOT stand their crappy connections. That's why I started to hate CoD. CoD4 and MW2 had the best connection for me. MW3, for me had good connection but the game didn't have those things from Treyarch that I liked. So it was a step backwards, but hey, I could still play it since there wasn't that Treyarch lag that I hated so much. So I still liked it. Ghosts came out and from what I've played, the connection is fine. That's the most important thing to me. Call me crazy, I know. Sure it doesn't have all the goodies that Treyarch puts in their games, but I could play it. I don't like some of the things in Ghosts like the maps absolutely suck and the challenges always rotating ticks me off. But the fact that I can play with minimal lag, makes me not mind playing it. Since the new consoles came out, there is a division and I really only ever play with Matt or John when I'm not busy.

I feel like I am getting tired of the formula of Call of Duty though. Ultimately, I don't care if we're playing Call of Duty, Battlefield or My Little Pony. I just wanna play with you guys, full homo. So let me know what you guys are playing whenever I win the lotto and get a PS4. Ktnxbye.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

Ultimately, I don't care if we're playing  My Little Pony. I just wanna play with you guys, full homo. 

I love you Mike :D   :lol:  :lol:  :P  Full frontal homo. Wish I would see  you online more though, I do get some games in with Matt, but not too much lately.

I would hope it's understood that my own comment about CoD's shit community has nothing to do with the people here. It may not even be reflective of the majority of the CoD community. Unfortunately, it only takes one or two obnoxious twunts to negatively impact one's online experience. I don't even care about campers, although killwhores on my own team for an objective game irritate me. It's mostly just the loudmouth idiots who spout off under cover of anonymity, and if they were ever in a real life combat/fight situation they'd wet their panties.

Oh, and my offer to play someone's game for them still stands.  :D

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Ghosts for me is a bit hit and miss. I just don't feel inspired by it like i did with BO2.

I think the colour schemes and maps play quite a major part in this. It just doesn't feel as vibrant or exciting at times.

Also i don't feel like there are any "must use" killstreaks. I loved just getting a harrier in MW2, VSAT in BO2 etc. There's nothing that grabs me.

Lastly i think the lack of Hardpoint, HQ and a proper competitive game mode is a big negative. I played alot of league play before and it was well done. This version feels very much like it was tacked on as an afterthought.

With all that said i still enjoy playing the game, it's not perfect and no COD ever has been. There are very good points to the game and i'll continue to play it but i'm not as taken with it this time round

I think much of the problem is that with each new iteration, we've all been playing the game that much longer and are looking for something more, something new. I'm guessing that the Activision philosophy is more concerned with bringing in new blood, than preventing old-timers from moving on.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Hopefully tomorrows (?) DLC on the Playstation will freshen things up :)

I found that it really did freshen things up on the XBox One.  3/4 of the maps are medium to small and therefore more fun to play than some of the larger, original maps.  The Maverick is a decent gun to use, and the Michael Meyers killstreak is pretty cool.