Cod is dead, long live Tarkov

phil bottle

14 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Is it a PC only game. Looks like the only way to get it is to get the download (beta) on their site. 

DMZ keeps being compared to it.  How does it compare? 

Yeah, it is sadly PC only.

DMZ is a chill out game for me when compared with Tarkov.

Tarkov is more hardcore, tactical and realistic, in theory. There's about 8 maps to choose from. It's similar in that you get dropped in a random location and have to get extracted to leave successfully. 

You die you lose everything you're carrying, and though you can ensure your gear, its no guarantee you'll get it back.

It has RPG elements, you have missions, skills to rank up, a hideout to build among others. 

It gets my heart pumping like old school DayZ.

A pity its only on PC.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Yeah, it is sadly PC only.

DMZ is a chill out game for me when compared with Tarkov.

Tarkov is more hardcore, tactical and realistic, in theory. There's about 8 maps to choose from. It's similar in that you get dropped in a random location and have to get extracted to leave successfully. 

You die you lose everything you're carrying, and though you can ensure your gear, its no guarantee you'll get it back.

It has RPG elements, you have missions, skills to rank up, a hideout to build among others. 

It gets my heart pumping like old school DayZ.

A pity its only on PC.

Cool. How hard is it to get replacement gear if you were to lose it? In DMZ it's really not that big of a deal in the end.  Once you know the good lot areas you just head there and do a mission to get better stuff back

6 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Cool. How hard is it to get replacement gear if you were to lose it? In DMZ it's really not that big of a deal in the end.  Once you know the good lot areas you just head there and do a mission to get better stuff back

In Tarkov, in between missions there are traders and also a flea market to buy and sell weapons etc

You also start with an equipment locker to stash your stuff, which you can make bigger by expanding your hideout.

But yeah, if you do badly you can lose your gear, and if you keep doing badly you can run out of money.

This does cause a phenomenon known as 'gear fear' 😁

But you can also play as an AI character once an hour to go in and scavenge loot for your main character.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I’ve looked at and considered Tarkov however I feel as it seems a bit more hardcore, more technical and with much more depth which honestly is a good thing but for me I like the party style nature of DMZ. Whereby you can still have a good match even if you enter with nothing. 

16 minutes ago, Tove said:

I’ve looked at and considered Tarkov however I feel as it seems a bit more hardcore, more technical and with much more depth which honestly is a good thing but for me I like the party style nature of DMZ. Whereby you can still have a good match even if you enter with nothing. 

Yeah absolutely, the hardcore nature of it is what attracts me, and that's definitely not for everyone.

You can go into a raid with nothing but a knife, they are called 'hatchet runs' and can be fun too 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg