Grid Legends

I downloaded and gave this one a go thanks to game pass affiliation with EA Play, and I gotta say, I'm digging it.  

The story mode follows an up and coming racing team trying to make it to the championship final called "The Gauntlet."  You play as the unnamed driver 22 and have tasks to fulfill throughout, culminating in a championship victory.  I enjoyed the tracks, some based on real life circuits, as well as the various types of vehicles used throughout.  The electric series are hell fast in this one.  

I thought it was neat that. the career mode connects to the stories ending as well.  Your driver and an engineer leave the team to create a new one and start from the beginning.  Which you do during the career mode.  You can give the team a name, logo, banner, and livery based on a ton of customizable options and have at it.

The driving felt a lot more arcadey compared to previous entries in the series, but I didn't mind.  I've always preferred that style, but every so often, I'll feel the sim stuff creep up here and there.  You can tweak the mechanics of your cars at any given time though.

There's been a bunch of DLC released, with the latest one dropping just this past week called Winter Bash.  There's also some added story modes as well that either continue some stories or show how certain teams got to where they were before the story mode.

Pretty cool game.  I can't wait to get into some more racing fun.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

How does it shape up against old arcade games like TOCA Race Driver, Ridge Racer and Need 4 Speed? It sounds similar to TOCA which was addictive as hell back in the day, even the career mode was fun to do.

Its sitting at £17 on PS4 which I might take a chance on after that review @Riff Machine 👍

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

How does it shape up against old arcade games like TOCA Race Driver, Ridge Racer and Need 4 Speed? It sounds similar to TOCA which was addictive as hell back in the day, even the career mode was fun to do.

Its sitting at £17 on PS4 which I might take a chance on after that review @Riff Machine 👍

Just get an Xbox mate, so many great games on gamepass lately and a lot more to come 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Just get an Xbox mate, so many great games on gamepass lately and a lot more to come 🙂

You know me, especially with a game with an offline mode makes total sense to have the physical version 😉 I do still have my Xbox One so I suppose its on that too. I just don't fancy another subscription to add to my list just yet!

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

You know me, especially with a game with an offline mode makes total sense to have the physical version 😉 I do still have my Xbox One so I suppose its on that too. I just don't fancy another subscription to add to my list just yet!

Yes, I was fully aware of all that even as I posted 😄 

I also use gamepass to decide if I fancy buying a game long term. For example I've held off buying Darktide after playing it via gamepass as it's not up to scratch. When it is, I'll pick it up, although most likely on Steam...but you get my drift.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Good point, I suppose its because I like to own the game anyway so if I ever go back to it I can (and clearly some collector disease is stuck within me too 😄). Once my gaming space has had a revamp its likely that it will have a specific place to be easily switched on more often. Until then, when the wife stops giving me a hard time about spending money (even though 3412% less than her) I'll keep this on the PSN wishlist.