DMZ Season 2

Tove

3 minutes ago, Tove said:

I was rolling in a 4 man yesterday and we called in three exfil and when we called it in this triggered two choppers worth of reinforcements, one of which landed right on the exfil spot. 

I haven’t managed a single exfil on the new map yet,

I did two but by pure luck. I called in the SAM site first and we managed to survive.  Once that was done, the choppers can come and attack you. 

Luckily the same site was very close to the extract point

6 minutes ago, Tove said:

Building 21 now consumes an access card when you enter. So you need to either buy or loot one each time you want to take on Building 21

It was like that before, there was also the blue and red card for certain areas. What's changed?

2 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

It was like that before, there was also the blue and red card for certain areas. What's changed?

Then they either bugged it or changed it part way through season 1 because I deployed into Building 21 countless times on a single keycard. Honestly though if it stays this way I can't really see myself going into Building 21 I'm not hunting Al Mazrah for a keycard or 40k from the buy to roll into Building 21 and die to God Tier bots immediately. 

11 hours ago, Tove said:

Then they either bugged it or changed it part way through season 1 because I deployed into Building 21 countless times on a single keycard. Honestly though if it stays this way I can't really see myself going into Building 21 I'm not hunting Al Mazrah for a keycard or 40k from the buy to roll into Building 21 and die to God Tier bots immediately. 

Maybe I never noticed then as you would need to extract with it and that really happened to me in building 21.  At one point I had 5-6 of them and they seemed to be getting used up

3 hours ago, Tove said:

The AI seems to be fixed now, only had a couple of dmz games yesterday as I need to do the crossbow event challenges so have been doing some MP but they were much easier in the games I did do and I didn’t get swamped in reinforcements

Good to know, yah to 50 battle rage kills are driving me nuts 

5 hours ago, Tove said:

The AI seems to be fixed now, only had a couple of dmz games yesterday as I need to do the crossbow event challenges so have been doing some MP but they were much easier in the games I did do and I didn’t get swamped in reinforcements

I tried DMZ solo the other day and failed but I think the AI reinforcements aren't so much of an issue anymore. It's just the buggers with brains that's my issue 🤣

5 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Good to know, yah to 50 battle rage kills are driving me nuts 

I’ve been stacking battle rage with a uav then popping the battle rage when appropriate, if you can get a streak it works really well and is extended with each kill. 

4 hours ago, James5497 said:

I tried DMZ solo the other day and failed but I think the AI reinforcements aren't so much of an issue anymore. It's just the buggers with brains that's my issue 🤣

that’s the only real problem with dmz solo you have to be ready to die and lose all your kit, you can quite easily take out a squad if you get the drop on them but if a squad gets the drop on you then you are mostly stuffed. 

the good thing is that’s it’s reasonable easy to get kitted back up.

11 minutes ago, Tove said:

I’ve been stacking battle rage with a uav then popping the battle rage when appropriate, if you can get a streak it works really well and is extended with each kill. 

that’s the only real problem with dmz solo you have to be ready to die and lose all your kit, you can quite easily take out a squad if you get the drop on them but if a squad gets the drop on you then you are mostly stuffed. 

the good thing is that’s it’s reasonable easy to get kitted back up.

Just not getting maps that are conducive to it. I get 1 or two kills per rage, then it expires before I find anyone else. This is where you need shipment/nuketown kind of maps. I think I am 10 kills aways so plenty of time still. Will see tomorrow what the two new challenges are. Did you notice if we can mix and match the quest items? Some from MP and some from WZ? I was thinking of just doing the 5 contracts instead as its a hell of a lot less boring that trying to get kills with a kit I never use

8 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Congratulations. Solo? 

yeah!

I cheesed it using this method, you need to make sure you have armor piercing rounds, but I am trying to clear the castle normally for a different mission where I need to plant some documents from Al Mazrah in the castle at the moment, I can usually get all the way to the top room but the riot shield guys in that top room are insane. 

3 hours ago, Tove said:

yeah!

I cheesed it using this method, you need to make sure you have armor piercing rounds, but I am trying to clear the castle normally for a different mission where I need to plant some documents from Al Mazrah in the castle at the moment, I can usually get all the way to the top room but the riot shield guys in that top room are insane. 

I have not gotten that far but tried drill charges? That a molotovs are my go to shield guy extermination method. But I prefer the drill charges since you can do that from behind walls. Wonder they didn't do that in the video instead of firing also 

56 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I have not gotten that far but tried drill charges? That a molotovs are my go to shield guy extermination method. But I prefer the drill charges since you can do that from behind walls. Wonder they didn't do that in the video instead of firing also 

You can’t drill charge from outside as there is a trophy system in the room.

on my last run yesterday I got all the way to the top had taken out everyone including the bombmaker except for 1 riot shielder in the top room, I almost got him but had no plates no lethals no munitions box and he got me before I could get him my old man aim just isn’t good enough to hit the hand with the gun. All I need to do is place a file on a desk in that room! I don’t even need to extract. 

and just like that I completed it today!! So excited the run was an interesting one so I'll post it up in the Pro Gamer runs thread, Oh and the top room with the bombmaker actually has two trophy systems. 

I've now got two missions to complete to unlock the story mission see below, As I don't really fancy camping the exfils from 80 metres away with the marksman LM-S (If I calculate correctly 3 shot down at that distance for a non armoured operator and maybe 7 shots for a 3 plated operator) I really don't fancy grinding that one out. so I think I'll wait for building 21 to be open. I've got 4 keycards so 4 attempts at the moment, however I fear that everyone is going to be rushing for these missions the moment it opens. 

I'm really enjoying the new missions some of them have been really really interesting and very fun. others not so much, drill charging riot shielders wasn't exactly fun considering that many times they can take 2 drill charges. 

1011362242_tier3crownfakedocs.thumb.PNG.77cf64d343123a42b4668cf577b45d6b.PNG

3 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

@Tovehow did you manage the smuggling tunnels solo. The missions isn't that hard but I did you manage to get a second camera? They are in pretty short supply it seems

I haven’t done that mission yet I’ve just done white lotus tier 1 to unlock crown and am focusing on crown as I want that third insured slot! I will most likely skip that mission the others in that tier seem fairly straight forward 

On 2/24/2023 at 3:30 PM, cyberninja2601 said:

@Tovehow did you manage the smuggling tunnels solo. The missions isn't that hard but I did you manage to get a second camera? They are in pretty short supply it seems

@cyberninja2601

saw this video the other day, I didn't realise that the camera also suffered with this bug, I knew that ammo and armor boxes did. 

On 2/27/2023 at 5:15 PM, Tove said:

@cyberninja2601

saw this video the other day, I didn't realise that the camera also suffered with this bug, I knew that ammo and armor boxes did. 

I couldn't get it to work but the stars did align. I got two randoms doing the same exact mission who spawned in with the camera.  We got it done in no time

BTW going to that location is worth it as there is a lot of good gear in the caves. If you are cautious you can clear solo without too much trouble. Just be prepared for the 2-3 shield guys.  It's a good place to get vest/backpacks/Kill streaks

8 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I couldn't get it to work but the stars did align. I got two randoms doing the same exact mission who spawned in with the camera.  We got it done in no time

BTW going to that location is worth it as there is a lot of good gear in the caves. If you are cautious you can clear solo without too much trouble. Just be prepared for the 2-3 shield guys.  It's a good place to get vest/backpacks/Kill streaks

Its nice when things work out like that. 

Yeah I've been through the area before its a nice area a lot of loot boxes could be very useful as a retool for a squad. I generally take stronghold keycards into most of my deployments now and use these to level up. I like the small ones with a handful of enemies less chance of decent loot but also a much lower risk being solo I only need to take 1 vest and 1 backpack so don't really need the larger areas. I'll sometimes do the Airport if I spawn nearby but usually bounce once I find a 3 plate and large pack

I completed the poppy farmer house mission yesterday! Fortunately I did it on the first attempt with the key that’s given as a reward for an earlier mission. 

Much better than last season when they this took my weeks because I had to find 2 extra keys.