DMZ Season 2

Tove

Enemy Tuning

In Season 01 the AI in DMZ were challenging, but the ramp up of difficulty was often steep with some players getting overwhelmed. With Season 02, we've introduced a number of balance changes to adjust the types of AI spawning, the number of AI spawning, and the accuracy of AI at range and much more. All of this should provide a challenging but manageable play-space that still requires player respect of enemy combatants in the DMZ.

Spawn Points

We are tuning some of the infil points across Al Mazrah for improved early match experience based on gameplay data. Starting at a point at which your squad feels isolated or without loot and contract opportunities is not the best experience. These tweaks should improve spawn points across the mode.

Mission Difficulty Tuning

Data and feedback reinforced that the Faction Mission difficulty ramp was too aggressive for many Players, and that the demanding scale ultimately made it very challenging to unlock the second Insured Weapon Slot (completing all Tier 3 Missions) in Season 01. We have adjusted the overall scaling of difficulty in Missions as the Tiers progress. Later Tier Missions will still be quite challenging even for the experienced Operator, but we believe more straightforward access to an additional Insured Slot will provide a better path forward for all Players.

Crashes

We know crashes are especially impactful in DMZ if you lose your items and Contraband Weapons as a result. Addressing these crashes is a priority for Season 02, and we are committed to increased stability.  Stay tuned for more specifics on this.

Seasonal Refresh

All-new missions are coming to Season 02 including a refresh of your current Faction mission progress and an inventory (Contraband and Keys) reset. We will be detailing all the need-to-know intel for DMZ ahead of Season 02 in an upcoming blog.

Locations

With a new Exclusion Zone coming to Season 02, players will have a third option to choose from when deploying in DMZ. The Faction Mission refresh will provide new missions that send you across these destinations, including Building 21. We suggest you and your squad gear up for infiltration first!

https://www.callofduty.com/blog/2023/01/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-II-warzone-2-0-season-02-community-update#DMZ

What's everyones thoughts on Season 2 for DMZ?

I'll be happy if I don't get AI enemies that can see my through a concrete wall and shoot me from 200m with a shotgun. Same with them being able to throw a molotov at me when I am at the top of a communication tower uploading a hardrive after I climbed it with dead silence. 

The rest of the game is pretty enjoyable to me. 

I whish the had a better squad system. I get rather tired of the doofus that rush into a stronghold without a gun and a single plate vest when I am trying to squad up with a decent team to get some of the harder missions done

I'm really excited for Season 2!

It seems that its very likely that a full wipe is happening. Contraband, Keys, Faction Missions and Insured Slots and honestly it makes sense and I'm all up for it! getting brand new missions from Tier 1 will be great. If they were to add additional Tiers to the existing missions this would feel like an impossible task for many players. I'm on Tier 3 missions so I would be stuck with these into Season 2 until I completed them. I'm looking forward to having a new set of missions to get stuck into!

However I have changed my current goals. I was going for Tier 3 across all factions to get that second insured slot but now I am focusing on Tier 3 and Tier 4 of the Black Mous faction as I really want to unlock the Relentless Skin for Roze! lets hope that I can get this done before season 2 drops!

The changes sound good. I’ve never unlocked the second insured slot as the factions are mental to some extent. It’s nearly impossible unless your a team of 3 who setup before deploying, ie friends. 
I don’t think I’ll ever forget the 200m wall banging sniper shotguning AI 😂!!

Annoying that all the contraband etc is wiping but it is what it is.. at the end of the day it was/is a beta

4 hours ago, Tove said:

Insured slots are no longer being reset with Season 2

From the PC gamer article

It should be said, however, that it's always easy to find COD players complaining about something, and there's plenty of more reasoned reaction too: Not least because server wipes are common in games that are like DMZ

Escape from Tarkov which resets everything roughly twice a year

" Either way the wipe is coming February 15, so get ready for much wailing, gnashing of teeth, and Youtubers with aghast faces asking "Greedy Activision did WHAT?!?"

Sounds familiar. 

So I'm 100% in favour of the wipe I think its a good thing providing that you get new missions at the same time. I'm indifferent about whether we keep the insured slots I could go either way on that one, but I don't like the argument put forward that DMZ should wipe because Tarkov does, just because Tarkov does it doesn't mean that DMZ should do it too. 

16 hours ago, techno said:

Screenshot_20230202_210025_Twitter.jpg

Seems pretty brilliant to me. What's dumb is paying $70 for a game that only has 9 maps and continuously complain they have a multiplayer with only 9 maps when they do that every single year instead of just going to play the other modes and have fun with it. 

5 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Seems pretty brilliant to me. What's dumb is paying $70 for a game that only has 9 maps and continuously complain they have a multiplayer with only 9 maps when they do that every single year instead of just going to play the other modes and have fun with it. 

Yeah let's spend our free time playing gamemodes we aren't remotely interested in just because they made them. 🤦

The fact is if you by a product no matter what it is you have a right to criticize it especially as they don't only release 9 maps every year. 

I don't understand this need to jump to defend at all costs these billion dollar companies when people have legitimate gripes, surely if they were to do something about it you would benefit too? 

If your happy with the game then that's fine but please realise there are plenty of people that aren't the player count and social media etc prove that.

Now time for some more mw2 excuse me.

I feel like we are going off topic here this was a topic to discuss the Season 2 Content for DMZ, I get it Activision Blizzard are greedy corporate meanies, we don’t need it pushed into every thread where we are trying to have discussions about the games content

51 minutes ago, techno said:

Yeah let's spend our free time playing gamemodes we aren't remotely interested in just because they made them. 🤦

The fact is if you by a product no matter what it is you have a right to criticize it especially as they don't only release 9 maps every year. 

I don't understand this need to jump to defend at all costs these billion dollar companies when people have legitimate gripes, surely if they were to do something about it you would benefit too? 

If your happy with the game then that's fine but please realise there are plenty of people that aren't the player count and social media etc prove that.

Now time for some more mw2 excuse me.

I don't feel the need to defend these companies at all. What I can't stand is all this whinny ass cry baby shit from people I doubt were ever responsible for a multi billion dollar product line and calling the people who do it dumb and greedy. 

I think it's in my PPR that I have a PHD in electrical engineer and I work for the Intel network communications group.  I designed the first graphics chip with integrated analog circuits , I designed the first north/south bridge CPU, I designed and validated the first PCIE switch with broadcomm . Now I designed the ASICs that went into Nokia/Ericsson/ZTE 5G network architectures and I see a bunch a people posting on what developer and companies should be doing and how as if they had a fucking clue. 

Even James telling us all about patents. Somehow I am pretty confident in saying that he doesn't any of own however.  

If you want to make a point to these companies the solution is simple, don't buy the product. 

COD 2022 made $1B on 10 days on a budget of $250. They're clearly not the dumb ones 

3 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I don't feel the need to defend these companies at all. What I can't stand is all this whinny ass cry baby shit from people I doubt were ever responsible for a multi billion dollar product line and calling the people who do it dumb and greedy. 

I think it's in my PPR that I have a PHD in electrical engineer and I work for the Intel network communications group.  I designed the first graphics chip with integrated analog circuits , I designed the first north/south bridge CPU, I designed and validated the first PCIE switch with broadcomm . Now I designed the ASICs that went into Nokia/Ericsson/ZTE 5G network architectures and I see a bunch a people posting on what developer and companies should be doing and how as if they had a fucking clue. 

Even James telling us all about patents. Somehow I am pretty confident in saying that he doesn't any of own however.  

If you want to make a point to these companies the solution is simple, don't buy the product. 

COD 2022 made $1B on 10 days on a budget of $250. They're clearly not the dumb ones 

That's all well and good and about as relevant as a fart in a crisp bag what you call whiny ass cry baby shit, apart from being childish, is legitimate critiscms and I'm sorry you can't see that. However one could argue that people who are willing to put up with mediocre products and buy said products regardless of quality is the reason we get sub standard products in the first place.

It's true we could just simply not buy the game however some of us actually think with a few changes the game could actually be good.

Oh and I think it's in my ppr that I'm a mechanical engineering technician, I set program and operate multi million pound machine tools for a multi national company manufacturing multi million pound components for the oil and gas industry and have been doing so for 36 years....and you know what that means to this conversation ? Exactly the same as your credentials .... Fuck all.

Now you may think this is a perfect product but some of us don't and think it could be better. 

One thing I will agree on Activision aren't the dumb ones the cod community are.

14 hours ago, Tove said:

I feel like we are going off topic here this was a topic to discuss the Season 2 Content for DMZ, I get it Activision Blizzard are greedy corporate meanies, we don’t need it pushed into every thread where we are trying to have discussions about the games content

Yep, you are quite correct.

Let's keep threads on topic and thanks @Tove for reminding us of that.

I'd also remind folk to keep it civil, eventhough I have form myself for getting annoyed 😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So confirmed activities in DMZ for Season 2 from the call of duty blog https://www.callofduty.com/uk/en/blog/2023/02/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-II-warzone-2-0-season-02-launch-ashika-maps-modes#Expansion

• Already earned rewards can be kept except for Contraband and Keys
  • Contraband and Keys are being Wiped
  • Insured slots unlocked can be kept
  • New faction "Crown" for MWII owners
  • Existing Faction's getting new rewards and updated missions therefore back to Tier 1 for everyone
  • New Exclusion Zone "Ashika Island"
  • New Boss and Weapons Case with new rewards. Presumably this is the same method as the other cases, kill the boss, extract with the weapon case
  • Al Mazrah and Building 21 Weapons Case rewards remain the same and progress is retained
  • Plane crash added to Sattiq caves area
  • AI Tuning 
  • Improved Spawn Points

I'm really excited about the change in Sattiq caves point I think this is a really interesting development and basically converts this area of sattiq to be just like Afghan from the OG MW2

If there are any rewards from faction missions that you want then now is the time to complete those missions and don't be sentimental about that Contraband or any of your Keys they are all disappearing on the 15th so just use them!

No rush on weapons cases. 

16 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

wonder if that means they are wiping the weapon case progress. Seems like not which means that the bioharzard skin is still within reach

No weapons case progress isn't being reset I'll edited the list!

Although I literally just 2 minutes ago extracted case 7 from Al Mazrah! I've had some interesting runs with the weapons case!

You can now extract stronghold keycards from the DMZ to use in another deployment. 

I’ve also noticed that one of the new crown missions has a reward of the sattiq poppy farmer house I’m worried as I have PTSD from that mission in season 1 

Ive also see new radiation zones in Al Mazrah at Rohan Oil and Saweh Village, I’ll bet the Saweh one is tough. 

I like how the missions are following the story from the season one missions and are very clearly set in the future from season 1

Reinforcements are crazy in this update, I cleared a stronghold for a mission yesterday, I intentionally picked a smaller one at the north of the quarry that I’m familiar with. It has a couple of riot shields and you can take many of them out through windows, but after it was cleared I was standing in the stronghold deciding my next move and just got swarmed by almost constant waves of tier 3 AI being dropped off from choppers, I had to make a dash out through a door on the opposite side of the stronghold in the end. 

changes to insured slots cooldowns are now 1,2 and 3 hours, the second slot unlocks at Tier 1 story mission of Black Mous, meaning you need to do Tier 2 on Legion and White Lotus then Tier 1 Black Mous, and third slot is available at any Tier 5 Story like before OR Tier 3 Story of Crown which is only for MW2 owners and unlocks at Tier 1 Story from Legion

29 minutes ago, Tove said:

AI's are crazy I just got spawn rushed by a group of around 8 AI's 

So much for the balancing uh?

Did you try the new map? Those are insane. 

I think you need a real good squad to make progress with those. Will see with the missions are like. 

I was rolling in a 4 man yesterday and we called in three exfil and when we called it in this triggered two choppers worth of reinforcements, one of which landed right on the exfil spot. 

I haven’t managed a single exfil on the new map yet,