New monitor ideas.
Posted

Anyone here would be interested in giving me a input on what I should do for a monitor upgrade. So my pc is running a rtx 3080 and a ryzen 9 5900x currently my monitor is a MSI Optix MAG321CQR 32 1440p monitor and I didn't know if I should upgrade to 4k yet was looking at the gigabyte 32u or the new asus 32 inch 4k without the mini led anyone have insight on this. This monitor I have now is basically a budget monitor without hdr. Should I go high end 1440p monitor and wait fir 4k down the road or buy one now.

I know with invidias newest gpu update I can compress my settings into 4k off of 1440p but not sure if I should go for the real thing or just wait for better pc upgrades.

New (budget) gaming PC
Posted

Look I got an extra msi x570 mobo sitting around and a ryzen 5 2600 sure the cpu might not help you but If your in the U.K. I might be able to cut ya a deal on atleast a high end board and throw in some cable extensions as well if that's your thing im wanting to do an apu mini itx build for my misses so let me know and when I say a deal way better then most boards lol hardly was even used long story into that but that's beside the point 

New (budget) gaming PC
Posted

Honestly coming from someone who just finished a pc build, the market for gpu's is rough. You can get maybe a 5700xt and still play 1440p but higher resolutions might be a problem. 60fps at 1440p or higher at around 1k is do able just gotta know where to look. I'd say if you can find a ryzen 5 5600 for mrsp but it's litterally like finding needles in a haystack. Also depends on the games your trying to play as well. Like nothing fancy the mobo and storage psu won't be a huge deal.  I wanted a system to play anything at high res. At 1440 so I went with a ryzen 5900x and a rtx 3080 so most things will be fine at 1440p but that combo right now your looking at paying around 2k alone. Best thing to do is your research and maybe actually look at forums and maybe join a couple pc groups on Facebook as well. If you want any other help let me know. 

Nvidia RTX 3090 / 3000 Range
Posted

I'm currently running my machine in the middle ground. Not pushing it to hard I want to get the longevity out of it. Taking care of my investment I think will be the best case scenario but anyone looking to upgrade like everyone else, I'd say wait. 

1. Invidia is planning on the 4000 series cards already set to release next year.

2. Amd is also set to release other forms of newer cards this year as well making the population of cards go wild. I feel the market will be flooded by the end of the year.

3. Think about your all around build sure my build is capable of 4k and doing monster workstation and rendering but think about how the market works for pc, just like consoles they will always improve on a new generation rename it and make more off it so be patient and get deals worth your money and time not just your wallet, you'll be more happy with it in the long run.

So I have been doing some pc monitor lurking for a hot minute because at the minute I use a msi 27 inch curved montior for my ps4 and pc but my pc is a monster compared to my ps4 and if you want a 4k setup but also to be able to use all 3 your going to have to wait. I'll explain there is maybe one monitor on the market at the moment that will support high refresh rate 4k gaming for pc but it does not have hdmi 2.1 only hdmi 2.0 To get 4k on a ps5 you must use a 2.1 hdmi setup and there is no such monitor yet. They are coming 2nd quarter and 3rd quarter of the year from the bigger companies. So if I was you being in the same boat I'd wait. Save your money because these monitors will not be cheap as the one monitor that I explained earlier the mrsp on its $800 use. Oh and also curved monitor on fps doesn't take away my fov I feel it actually makes areas stand out more imo

PS4 VR Thoughts
Posted

I used the ps4 vr for a little while and I didn't seem to care for it as well because of the way it worked at the time it might been me or what but since I have a pc now I thought about other vr games but I know the rift has been evolving over the years becoming better and better so clive if it was me I'd just break down and build or buy a pc😉😉😉

Posted

So since having a fully built monster of a pc now. Specs are 

Motherboard- Asus ROG Strix b550-e

CPU-Ryzen 9 5900x

GPU-Asus ROG Strix 3080

Ram- 32gb of dual channel g skill rgb 

Storage - 1 tb of western digital 3.0 nvme

1 tb of ssd storage

Cooling lian li uni fans also a 240mm lian li galahad aio

Case- lian li lancool2 with upgraded to a mesh style case. 

20210130_172200.jpg

PS5 Pre-Orders and Launch date
Posted

I honestly think its really shitty the way they did the hole preorder thing they are making you guys wait and the US was sold out in less then minutes without giving anyone a chance to even get ahold of one so im not very impressed by songs call on the no marketing but het that's why they make the big money right.

Posted

@The3rdWalker   @BO7H B4RRELS  So ill give you guys a small run down on what I have so far.

Case- Lian Li lancool2

Fans- Lian Li unifan 120 setup on preorder

Cpu cooler- Lian Li galahad 240mm rad aio

Mobo- Msi x570 Tomahawk 

Cpu- havent decided yet ether ryzen 7 3700x or ryzen 9 3950x 

Ram- 32gb g.skill trident rgb 3600 mghz

Storage- western digital 1tb nvme ssd pci express. 1tb team group ssd 2.5 

Psu- thinking of going for a seasonic 850 watt to handle the gpu coming out

Gpu- ether a 3070 or 3080 unless amd blows us out of the water.

Using uplink purple power extension cables

Monitor-Msi 27 in curved 1080 free sync monitor 

Keyboard/mouse- going with a steelseries setup for the moment nothing crazy

Posted

I'm kinda glad I picked this time to start building my first pc because I think the 3080 will be perfect for my complete setup im going with and not killing the bank to badly. I should be able to do a lot of stuff with it so hopefully I'll be able to get ahold of one of those cards because a lot of people are going to be after them especially the 3080 and the 3070 just for price point alone. Let me know what yall think and if you wanna know me setup as well that I got going for my build that im still working on.

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy