Take Two lay offs
Posted

Which divisions are the layoffs from? If it was me, take a redundancy package, reapply for the thousands for roles they are inevitably putting out there to get GTA 6 over the line, and grab even more money from them.

I jest a little bit in that, I know its not that simple and detracts away from the real issues somewhat. Blows my mind they positioned it as forced given GTA 6 will need a monumental effort to get it to release on time and then huge support once the live service element is switched on. 

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 3/31/2024 at 10:55 AM, WelchyTV said:

Has there been a change to the file size we can upload? All of my screenshots are suddenly too large to upload. 

How big are the screenshots? I increased the cap to 10MB per post a while back so should be enough?

Pictures stored on FG are the biggest source of cost increase on our host bills (like most other websites) so you can probably understand why theres a size cap on it - I wish there was an inbuilt system like whatsapp that makes the pictures absolutely tiny on memory (less than half a MB most times) but as we don't have huge traffic of constant photos its not too bad tbh.

Playstation Plus Free games
Posted
11 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Well, the D2 Witch Queen wasnt free for long. Put it in the library, thought Id download it now, but now the prize is 30 bucks. Says "offer ends on 2/42024", guess thats the 30 bucks offer 🙄

Nah that can't be right. It won't just be free for a month. If you 'purchase' it via this PS Plus offering then you're effectively buying the DLC. So it should absolutely be free for however long you keep your PS Plus subscription which you'll always have.

I think the theme is it depends on what the MTX is. Or maybe it should be the total cost of one skin and have a cap on what one should cost. I don't agree how nice looking skins get marketed to young kids in Fortnite at the costs they are. No wonder why parents spend so much on that game as they should be just 1-2 quid given what they do in game is nothing.

I don't mind them much really - you don't have to buy them.

I think sometimes gamers aren't able to take a step back and put themselves into the developer/programmer company side of things, just to help give some balance. No doubt about it, its income for a company, but i'd suggest thinking about what its used for. If I had made a great game and there was an outcry to add certain cosmetics or even extra enemies then I'd have to think how do I pay for the devs to make it. Thats just common sense. There is a reason we're seeing not many AAA games being made now and its purely down to cost.

People can say 'it wasn't like that back in the day', but we have to be mindful that gamers expectations change and shift over time. Demand for the best graphics, the biggest games, the largest content drops, etc...its relentless and I don't envy any company that makes games these days. Social Media and the way we gorge content is just something that can't be matched in terms of delivery of content in games.

I may be widening the discussion but I hope you can understand why I try to take in both sides of the story before thinking immediately from the gamer side that 'they're just crap'. However, you still need morally correct businesses to choose the right reasons to implement MTXs. That's my initial 2p anyway.

Video game club
Posted

A great idea Matt - we did try it briefly before but as always its about getting enough people behind the idea. Its likely it would work best if its maybe 1 game a month and as you say, something cheap or free to get involved in that we can all focus efforts on to have a good chinwag over it on here. We also did FG Film Club like this but I noticed doing it weekly was a hard slog (although would love to see that back too).

Loving the ideas of FG scores. I've never found a way yet to record them in a smarter way but that doesn't stop us sticking them on posts like Phil has mentioned.

I think if you can have a think of some certain games that could be potentials to maximise the amount of people that could get involved in this, lets then see if we can make it work for the upcoming month perhaps!

Nice one Matt! @Luseth

Cloud gaming
Posted

Interesting to watch. Not much of an opinion on this right now. I think so much more is now depending on what you want out of a video game more than straight up graphics. Thats backed up by the Indie scene and quite a few double AA titles doing way better than expected because they are just fun.

We'll see where cloud gaming goes this year. I'll be sitting, watching and waiting to see what happens.

Whilst some may not think its as challenging as the super hard games we expect, Hogwarts Legacy has one of the most satisfying gameplay controls to play with in an RPG. I've managed to find this small clip online that shows a small part into the spells and combos, including how you can flip to flying so easily mid-battle. There's so many combo spells to choose from, it really is a whole lot of fun. Smooth is the perfect word for it. No wonder it was the biggest selling game of 2023.

Posted

I think thats a slightly better than half decent I think! Everyone should be putting adding them into their library, the last F1 game i tried was pretty good so its nice to see that latest one enter the collection. I'd tell anyone here that hasn't got Witch Queen to bank it in their library ASAP if we do call on it from June onwards.

Xbox Exclusives To PS5?
Posted
On 2/15/2024 at 9:12 PM, WelchyTV said:

Hi-Fi Rush, Pentiment, Sea of Thieves, and Grounded are coming to PS5 and Nintendo Switch!

I'd be happy if these came across. I've wanted us all to play Sea of Thieves more but you can see how people's behaviour means that we don't play it much on PC. If it comes to PS5 then you should see an increase on that for sure. One of the best live service games out there. Grounded was great too when we played it on PC for a while. Hopefully more fleshed out now given it was some years ago.

For cloud gaming...well, we'll just have to see. New youth of today get games through everything now, even Netflix. I don't hear many people playing them on there but that doesn't mean they don't get played. It'll be interesting as Google Stadia burned and failed so the gaming consumers have rebuffed the first round with many rounds to go I see.

Spec Me An Game
Posted
On 1/30/2024 at 5:12 PM, Diddums said:

Preferrably PS5, something RPG-ish, must have both MP and SP, preferrably playable together, like Density, but with NEW CONTENT EVERYBODY.

Anyways. Got bored of WoW. Warframe never took off for me, almost completed the camos on corrodoory so that's gonna take a back seat soon. I need a game I can both have a good sesh on, or hop on for 30 mins and log off again without losing progress. Not something hardcore, I don't mind a bit of survival stuffs but I tend to die a lot so would like to keep my shit. Bit of action, atmosphere, yanno, like Density but newerer and betterer.

Any ideas?

So... I'd suggest Destiny 2.

In June. 4th June to be exact.

I'm partly joking but also not. We've all had a break for over a year, I intend to keep away even further until June. DLC will close the story off we've played for 10 years. Seems fitting to play it with all the QoL enhancements we've not seen. Lots of FGers here too still haven't got into it and if we all did around the same time it'll be a better experience. No grinding, just play different experiences with everyone. You'd probably enjoy that if you did just work yourself around all the experiences as objectives for us to do together.

You just need a game for the next 4 months mate - Helldivers 2 and CoD will cover that period 😉

Tomb raider remastered
Posted

I'm personally looking to try and get my PS1 ready to be able to play the original ones again at some point over weekends. They were stellar games back in the day @slamminbones, I agree. For me it was actually the puzzles and abit of the story that sucked me in. I remember once as a teenager being stuck on Tomb Raider 3 round my Nan and Grandads house and all of a sudden I had my Dad, Grandad and Uncle trying to help me get past this certain bit to know where to go. Ahh the days before YouTube was a thing 😄

@WelchyTV, I think it is hard to like remasters if you never grew up with them as I feel like they are always targeted at the crowd that played them before. If you like puzzle type games and work past the graphics (because obviously it won't look and feel the latest gen), then I'd say its a cheap pick up to say the least. Also depends how much you enjoy playing those older games too. I think you have to have a certain brain now to get past the graphical side as lots of younger games switch off if it looks old, which you would expect some of this to be that way.

FG Game of the Year
Posted
1 hour ago, WelchyTV said:

Ok so the video is practically ready to go. I will be uploading it to YouTube and to this website. I just wanted to check that it is ok for me to use the Forever Gaming Logo on the Thumbnail for the video? 

I assume it would be but thought it’s better to double check! If someone can let me know that would be great and il have the video uploaded soon!

Yes its fine to use for just this video @WelchyTV, thanks for offering to do this.

Gaming in 2024
Posted

Being brutally honest, I need to remind myself what actually comes out this year! 😅 I would love for Destiny 2's conclusion to the Light and Dark saga to be epic as its been 10 years of Destiny and a very good game most of us have played for years doesn't go crap overnight. Would love to just chill and enjoy the different activities on it with others like we used to do.

I'm likely to go back and look at my back catalogue and try and complete some games thoroughly too. Do we know if any of the early access games we've played over the past few years are getting big updates? Would love it if Valhalla got one.

I'm off to check 2024 game releases...

FG Game of the Year
Posted
6 hours ago, Luseth said:

Baldurs Gate 3 - The relationships between characters, the creativity in how you can approach quests, I even got around one boss I was struggling with by talking to him with one person and then pushing him off a cliff with another. If anyone ends up picking this up on PS5 I would be up for playing a co-op playthrough and approaching things a bit differently ^_^

This is why i'm buying it and looking forward to it even more now I know you can play turn based.

3 hours ago, tronic44 said:

Zelda because it's the only game on there I've played and it's brilliant.

I don't know how you coped with the breaking weapons mechanic, killed all the fun I was having on the first one for me!

FG Game of the Year 2023 - Nominations
Posted

I really find this hard from my angle as I'm in the boat where Phil is on games released not in this year. I've also been more interested in others thoughts than my own as it dictates what I buy next.

Having said all this, one game i played stood out from all the rest, so much so it was my 3rd highest played game this year - Hogwarts Legacy. Superb game, loved everything about it. Gameplay is super sharp and so enjoyable. My list is probably the below:

1. Hogwarts Legacy
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  3. Diablo 4
  4. Street Fighter 6
  5. Payday 3

Playstation Wrap Up 2023
Posted

top-game.jpg social-style.jpg hours.jpg trophies.jpg gaming-style.jpg first-game.jpg

I don't whether to be proud or weirded out that Call of Duty was my biggest game, and of every month in 2023 too. Destiny not even in my top 5, which is kind of disappointing on a personal note, only because it shows how much the game dropped in 2023. Couldn't believe that Hogwarts, a single player game was 3rd with just over 100 hours of playtime. I absolutely loved it and for a hard year to overcome, it was great to zone out and focus on so many little objectives in the game.

Rocket League was number 5 and its incredible that game keeps on having playtime. Best Playstation Plus game they've given to us. And now I can be Lightning McQueen. There is a God.

Game of the Year
Posted

@Luseth, I usually put updates of key threads on there, so happy to do this when its ready - obviously the more ppl share FG threads too, the better. 🙂

Anyone can join the WhatsApp community by just messaging me, not a problem. I don't push it anywhere because obviously people aren't all on it and this is the home of FG that people need to keep checking in (plus its not really for gaming talk, as its just banter crap you wouldn't put on here).

Game of the Year
Posted

I'm totally open for seeing something a little different here in video format 😄 As Phil says, we've talked about it in the past in posts but never in our own video. Happy to get it on FG YouTube channels if you feel like you want to have a stab at it. Our YouTube is easily found through the links on here. @tronic44 has usually been great at collating vids in the past for stuff like this too so could be a good shout to talk to if we get info in. Good shout @WelchyTV ❤️

Posted
14 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

WTF is powerwash? Is it literally a car wash simulator? Absolutely ridiculous if it is! 

Funnily enough its probably the best one out of that bunch...I know @Rumelylady is obsessed with it on PC!

2 hours ago, WelchyTV said:

Personally, I’ve been really disappointed with the PS Plus offerings for a while now. It feels like ever since they raised the price to ‘enable us to continue bringing high quality games’, the quality has actually dropped.

Its always been pretty middle of the road stuff. I look it as a bonus if I'm honest as every so often we seem to get an absolute gem that saves loads of us here abit of cash. Rocket League back in the day being free being one that springs to mind but also CoD MW Remastered just to allow us to play Private Games for so many years on PS4 was superb.

GameBattles closing down in January 2024
Posted

The website that used to run the main place to get squad battles and create tournaments for fun and cash against other teams all around the world is shutting down 15th Jan 2024.

The FAQs have this reason stating why its closing:

Activision Blizzard is planning to sunset and no longer host the GameBattles platform. The company is committed to providing account holders the opportunity to transact any balance through pay-to-enter competitions and micro-transactions before January 15th, 2024. Thank you to the GameBattles community for your loyalty.

I didn't think it was a big thing these days as much as it was back in the old CoD era, and with pop-up communities that can run tournaments on discord, or other templated websites at ease, it probably would struggle going on its own without Acti Bliz support on their platform.

I remember us trying to do it for Rainbow 6 Siege when we were playing it regularly but it never ended up being anything here.

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy