Running / Cycling
Posted

I should of used trail running trainers not my road as this was along the coast and cliffs but with a little more training and proper foot wear I would like to get to barry island and back which will be around the 40km mark but as I'm sorting my life out now and getting back out there I'm back to enjoying running again.

Screenshot_20220529-211854_Strava.jpg

slamminbones.png

Running / Cycling
Posted

For as long as I can remember the out side of my shoes wear down turns out I suffer with supination so I've been given exercises stretches and have to wear insoles to try correct it also been advised to either run less or slow down which is sod's law as my time has improved massively but hoping once its corrected I won't be in any pain after walks/runs.

slamminbones.png

Running / Cycling
Posted

My 3rd ever park run. 

Postion 84th out of 369

Gender 69th out of 217

Age group 14th out of 36

Also got my 2nd fastest 5k at 22.48.

They had pens for you to start it based on your 5k time I should of been in the 2nd pen but started at the back as I went up with 3 others from the club I run in so had to run through alot of other runners so got held up alot but maybe I should of started at the front which the 3 I went up with did tell me too but didn't want to seem a dick as one drove up but they all came in separate times but maybe next time I will listen to them. 

Screenshot_20211120_121219_com.strava.jpg

Screenshot_20211120_121158_com.strava.jpg

slamminbones.png

Running / Cycling
Posted

Ran this bitch of a trail in road running shoes 😂which turned out to be more slipping than running. 

I stuck with another runner that drove us up there but I'd definitely do this course again if I had the right pair of trainers. 

IMG_20211030_133454.jpg

IMG_20211030_133433.jpg

Screenshot_20211030_194449_com.strava.jpg

slamminbones.png

Running / Cycling
Posted

This Parkrun is a little hilly but still a decent time. 

It's my 2nd Parkrun which is quite shocking due to how long I've been running but once you get to 50 you get a t-shirt so something to work towards but parkruns are only on a Saturday. 

Their timings are off a little compared to mine. 

Screenshot_20210918_171000_com.claytonindustries.parkrun.jpg

Screenshot_20210918_190637_com.strava.jpg

slamminbones.png

Running / Cycling
Posted

While down Cornwall on holiday I managed to hide some running gear so I could get out but I was only going for a short run but some how I got lost 😂 so I saw another runner and asked him if he knew where par camping was which he replied he was going that way 10 minutes later he asked was it par village which I said no he said sorry mate you've gone the wrong way then a local sent me the wrong way by hey ho added to the distance. 

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/bM7R71RSBib

Screenshot_20210810_153128_com.strava.jpg

slamminbones.png

Random Fitness Gear
Posted

For running I own 2 sets of lycras multiple types of shorts lost count on how many running t-shirts I own as most races/events you get one then there's my hydration back pack which I have 2 and a couple of belts which you can carry water bottles then there's my trainers which I needed a few of depending the terrain so I own 3 pairs but the most important accessory is my watch.

slamminbones.png

Running / Cycling
Posted

Got off a 9 hour shift today and was only planning a short and slow 5k but just in case I wanted to go a little thurther I got my hydration pack ready and a sis gel lucky I did but it wasn't the distance and that hurt but the heat as it was still 22 degrees I was a right sweaty mess. 

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/hqmZ2Z1NGgb

Screenshot_20210530_214648_com.strava.jpg

slamminbones.png

Running / Cycling
Posted

Tonight my running club started back up and it's been a long 7 months since we were last able to run. 

I was going to take it easy tonight as on Saturday I did a 10k run so a cancer charity with my father inlaw and wife (we raised £400)and yesterday I ran 11.5k but as I was running tonight's club with my wife and father inlaw I said to my wife am I ok to run on ahead either answer I was going to but for the first 2k I struggled as you will see it in my splits in the picture but the last 3k I found a fairly decent pace. 

I haven't done a fast 5k for 7 months as most of my runs are with my wife but 25.02 for 5k is a decent time and way above average for my age. 

Screenshot_20210427_230858_com.strava.jpg

Screenshot_20210427_230908_com.strava.jpg

slamminbones.png

Running / Cycling
Posted

All runned out now but I could be out for another this evening. 

Went out with my wife and father inlaw for our clubs park run was supposed to be only 5k but I'm not complaining as I love running then a little rest then off I went on my own. 

Going to see how the day goes as I might end up out again tonight. 

Screenshot_20210403_123438_com.strava.jpg

Screenshot_20210403_123502_com.strava.jpg

slamminbones.png

Running / Cycling
Posted

I haven't run much for quite some time so went out after work with my wife and father inlaw and after 1km I decided to run a different route just so I can open up on my pace a little(you can see that on my pace sections on strava)but the temperature when I set of was 20 degrees which was a little  harsh on dehydration but slowed down for 2km then picked up the pace a little for the last 2km.

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/5QVqpjX54eb

slamminbones.png

Running / Cycling
Posted

And another medal for my growing collection. 

Got the chance to run it early as a virtual run as it was postponed till later next year which I want to bring down all my events to only the big ones to actually run the event on the day which is 2 half marathons and run from Cardiff Castle to Caerphilly Castle. 

IMG_20201205_172918.jpg

slamminbones.png

Running / Cycling
Posted
11 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

@slamminbones What's the purpose of the course? Are you going to start coaching?

Main purpose is I can organise club runs do warm ups and warm downs but it's mainly means if someone gets injured I'm covered as for the coaching side that's something I might look at some time down the line 

slamminbones.png

Running / Cycling
Posted

I have been put on a run leadership course by the club i run for it cost 165 pounds 155 pound is funded by the welsh athletics the 10 pound was for the 4 modules i had to do the weekend just gone this weekend i have the course not long only 1 hour 30 minutes which is online. 

slamminbones.png

Running / Cycling
Posted
On 11/17/2020 at 4:03 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Just catching up on some threads and was gonna ask you the same as @Spacedeck  has and then you shown off the medals! Wowser man, great work. Do you just do all of these via the FB page or are there some different ones you can find on the internet? I think Matty @Misneach_  did the Ring of Kerry I believe? I really want to pick one of these up and maybe we could do it for charity purposes perhaps as a collective?

All of the running medals apart from one are annual events plus you always get to hear of events through club members at the club i run with.

Still awaiting 2 medals to arrive one in the post the other i pick up but not bad on the running medals as i only started back in january 2019.

slamminbones.png

Running / Cycling
Posted

@Spacedeck it's a board to hang medals on and for PB runs which you can rub them out and put new times on.

I would like a faster 10k run as it doesn't really correspond to the 5k time but as i stated i above i have another challenge i want to aim for which i may see if they do solo running events as getting a medal for a full marathon would be a massive achievement but i also want to compete in kickboxing again as it's been about 2 years since my last fight and this year i was supposed to be entering as many comps as i can as next year the wako world championships is in cardiff next year which is on my door steep and my instructor wanted me to be part of a team but with whats going on around the world seems that won't be happening.    

slamminbones.png

Running / Cycling
Posted
21 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

@slamminbones  that's good of them.  I probably should enter something I can run at home, I still haven't got a single medal in the 3 years I've been running 😹.  My event had been delayed twice before they decided to cancel this year and roll us over to next years event, which I think is in July.

I have about 6 for run running a few for kickboxing and some trophies sadly no titles. 

On Facebook there's a page called race for pace that offer medals for total distance run in a month. 

I bought a house back in March only just got my medals and trophies up on the wall. 

Was thinking of my next challenge in running firstly it will be a sub 2 hour for a half marathon which should be easy then to run a marathon distance but for that I'll need to slow my pace and run a couple of 35km runs. 

IMG_20201028_201442.jpg

IMG_20201028_201423.jpg

slamminbones.png

Running / Cycling
Posted

I got and email offering me to transfer one of my events to a virtual one. 

Going to see if I'm able to do it with all my events just to get them out the way and start afresh when things get back to normal what ever normal was as that's just a thing of the past. 

Took it nice and slow just to try get my pace back but need to slow my pace down for some runs for my next challenge. 

T-shirt and medal will arrive next month

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/CIAY4Vorcbb

Screenshot_20201106_144058_com.strava.jpg

slamminbones.png

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy