Allegiance Quest

GazzaGarratt

The Allegiance Quest  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The first time bungie have made a clear direction with the story and want you to decide which side you will take. Drifter or Vanguard?

You can pick both sides by using a second character but note that your choice will always be locked in.

• The character will experience different quest content and receive different rewards than characters who take the other side
  • The Drifter will remember your choice
  • If Vanguard, you get access to The Warlock Aunor lore book. If Drifter, you don't
  • This choice may impact future content for this character

Well played bungie, good to make the player feel like their decisions really do have certain paths.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Just abandoned this shitty quest. Crap doesn't even work. Bank 50 motes in Gambit OR Gambit Prime they said. Pffh. Gambit motes doesn't count. 

Banked 40 something in regular mode and 12 in Prime. Only got 12 on progress. Shit like this just makes me wanna stop playing. 

Isolated small thing I know, but it adds up with the other shitty stuff. 

On 3/14/2019 at 11:02 AM, NCA-Paendrag said:

Just abandoned this shitty quest. Crap doesn't even work. Bank 50 motes in Gambit OR Gambit Prime they said. Pffh. Gambit motes doesn't count. 

Banked 40 something in regular mode and 12 in Prime. Only got 12 on progress. Shit like this just makes me wanna stop playing. 

Isolated small thing I know, but it adds up with the other shitty stuff. 

Weird. Not seen any issues with that. Heard it might only be Gambit Prime in some steps that only reward progress but that's probably detailed in the minor bits on the step and easily missed.

Rewards have come up as a sticking point for some. I actually this is more down to the hype people/content creators raised as they didn't say anything about amazing rewards, more so about a start of a different storyline, which we got.

Moving forward, whoever you picked will mean you get different rewards in a weekly package to start with:

Drifter Weekly Package:

• Powerful Gambit Gear
  • Collector Synth
  • Invader Synth
  • Sentry Synth
  • Reaper Synth
  • 100 Infamy Points

Vanguard Weekly Package:

• Powerful Vanguard Gear
  • Boon of the Vanguard
  • 10 Vanguard Tactician Tokens
  • Enhancement Core

I think it's a good start to what this means to choose a side.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Weird. Not seen any issues with that. Heard it might only be Gambit Prime in some steps that only reward progress but that's probably detailed in the minor bits on the step and easily missed.

Rewards have come up as a sticking point for some. I actually this is more down to the hype people/content creators raised as they didn't say anything about amazing rewards, more so about a start of a different storyline, which we got.

It stated on the quest step that you need to bank motes in Gambit or Gambit Prime. As I don't care much for Gambit or pvp in general, when this happens, it pisses me off. 

As for rewards, I didn't really care as  I started it as it was something new to do on the game. 

Don't think I can restart it even if I wanted to. 

7 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Moving forward, whoever you picked will mean you get different rewards in a weekly package to start with:

Drifter Weekly Package:

• Powerful Gambit Gear
  • Collector Synth
  • Invader Synth
  • Sentry Synth
  • Reaper Synth
  • 100 Infamy Points

Vanguard Weekly Package:

• Powerful Vanguard Gear
  • Boon of the Vanguard
  • 10 Vanguard Tactician Tokens
  • Enhancement Core

I think it's a good start to what this means to choose a side.

More console described it as 'shit'

3 minutes ago, techno said:

More console described it as 'shit'

Yep. Anyone that hates story said not too dissimilar! 😂

Whereas Byf said it was good. It's setup for more but let's hope we get some interesting new missions to do soon.