Season of the Drifter - viDoc and Info!

GazzaGarratt

Alright, Alright, Alright! It's coming next Tuesday! Why is it that the viDocs are so god damn well made.

New Roadmap with updated elements on Drifter season and a few in the redacted...Season of the Opulence

EL_annual_pass_roadmap_Season6_16x9_EN_1

Detailed Drifter Season breakdown

EL_Season6_Timeline_16x9_EN_1.jpg?cv=398

The Allegiance quest, previously forecast as the Joker’s Wild weekly quest, will invite you to choose between the Vanguard and the Drifter. Pick a side to progress through the quest from their perspective. This pledge is character based, so if you have more than one Guardian, you can play both sides. Choose wisely!

Invitations of the Nine, once upon a time referred to as Xûr Bounties, will be an exploration of the Nine and their mysterious place in the universe. 

The path begins with Xûr on Friday, March 15. Annual Pass owners will be able to pick up an “Invitation of the Nine” from Xûr. Once the objectives are completed, it will transform into a bounty called “Into the Unknown.” These will be available to complete once per character, similar to the bounties you got at the beginning of Forsaken for completing an activity with a full gear set. Week over week, for Nine weeks, you’ll collect new lore and powerful rewards.

For Annual Pass holders, the rest of the Season of the Drifter packs in new combat specialties to embrace and new challenges to master. Like Season of the Forge, this journey will roll out over time, but the Drifter has plenty of action for players to experience on day one. If you think your Power is low and you want to get caught up to the rest of the community, see the Drifter to complete his new Power Surge Bounties. There are enough of them to bring your level-50 characters up to 640 Power.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

The gear sets are a real shift change for Destiny. It's the first time it's happened and one of the few things that the other looter shooter models had but this didn't.

I love everything about the new armour sets. The different colours, the roles they link to and how to get them sounds an interesting play loop which could be great to group up and tackle together.

The perks of the armour too sounds ace. For example, the Collector can collect 20 motes instead of 15. If that is banked, a huge new Taken blocker is sent across. The Invader can block the bank AND steal motes. Sentry can see where the invader is (I believe) and the Reaper can clear enemies far quicker than anyone else.

Whilst it is Gambit sets, this is a good start to test them. This could open the door to all kind of sets to go after if they create them. Definitely worth a try imo.

15 hours ago, techno said:

And gambit prime is 1 round😁

I actually just got my warlock through the campaign and upto speed with the help of the drifters 640 boost bounties if required so I can see how the allegiance quest goes from both sides of it's interesting enough.

I think going to one round, boosters up to 640 within a few hours will prove a great addition to what we have already.

I'm with you on that allegiance quest, gives me an incentive to use my second character way more than I do now.

6 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

A chance to get my Titan from 315 then 🤔🙂

If I can free myself from Warframe that is. 

Definite good addition so people can play together quickly.

Also, the content is going to be dropping mostly throughout the first month rather than drip-fed over 3 months. Looking forward to Xur actually being relevant  again too with his Lore Nine bounties each week and finally selling some Forsaken Exotics :D

Tomorrow is gonna be fun for sure.