7 Years of Developement

J4MES OX4D

I cannot believe this game has been in development since 2012 which is as long as Red Dead Redemption 2. Anthem was also in the works before the original Destiny apparently. The pressure on BioWare and EA for this to succeed has to be monumental. If the game fails to impress either financially or in terms of a media/player reception; it could have significant consequences particularly for the studio especially after Andromeda. 

It's too early to pass judgement and Anthem by no means looks terrible but it just doesn't look like an outstanding game that'll be played for years and revolutionize the genre or industry in the process.  Could be an interesting couple of months for all involved. 

I can't believe I'm getting caught on Anthem's side of the fence, especially after feeling I tend to defend Destiny's existence against this game.

Just because my opinion is that it won't be as good as Destiny will ever be, doesn't mean we can't give it a good try.

The core of what most people dont like so far about Anthem is

• It's EA
  • It may have expensive microtransactions
  • It's EA
  • Looks a little bland
  • It's EA
  • Comparing it to Destiny

EA - Well, EA might be a crock of shit in some instances but that doesn't mean they will do an injustice to this game.

Microtransactions - we dont know what the final score will be bit we have to give them some credit for saying no loot boxes ever will be sold and it'll only ever be cosmetic crap that is sold. I'm fine with that currently, need more hard facts on this before we screw it over.

Comparisons - Stop comparing this game to Destiny in the way we do. It's not like Destiny. The only part I see is that it's a looted shooter, that's it. Both Destiny and Anthem can exist.

Blandness - Yeah, the colours of the world are always a subjective point. However for the shots sometimes we've seen on streams, they aren't doing the game justice. I've seen some screenshots that the game is beautiful in some aspects.

I shouldn't stop all this negativity about Anthem when I know underlyingly this is the best thing that could happen to Destiny as people will stop moaning about Bungie and start realising what we've had and still have in Destiny is a unique world that is already developed tons of content that is ultimately fun to play.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Let's not pretend this isn't a destiny/titanfall mashup.  It's a destiny/titanfall mashup.  That doesn't mean it a) can't be good and b) can't coexist.  

I'm taking the stance that a game must be good for it to be purchased.  NO PREORDERS.  Those days are gone.  If a game in its current form is good enough to buy, then great.  I'm not waiting for expansion xyz to make it how it should have been.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

Let's not pretend this isn't a destiny/titanfall mashup.  It's a destiny/titanfall mashup.  That doesn't mean it a) can't be good and b) can't coexist.  

I'm taking the stance that a game must be good for it to be purchased.  NO PREORDERS.  Those days are gone.  If a game in its current form is good enough to buy, then great.  I'm not waiting for expansion xyz to make it how it should have been.

Well said. It'll take a lot for me to spunk any money on a AAA title nowadays. Burned far too many times.

banlol.png

3 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I actually thought destiny and division mashup but I agree with the sentiment, no more pre-orders. Infact I want to be more than merely satisfied.

I agree with sentiment too, I've only ever pre-ordered one game which Destiny 2. Doesn't stop me from going out on the first day or two to buy a game. That's pretty much what we all do. Every time.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb