Mobikes

J4MES OX4D

IMO these are the worst things ever invented. In theory, they are ideal if used appropriately but 9 times out of ten this is not the case and I'm fed up of seeing my city and its surrounding areas plagued of them. I probably see one every 20 seconds when I'm out and about; either dumped across the pavement or parked in an irritating place. Funnily enough I don't see anybody ever using them.  I honestly don't know how the company behind them makes any money especially considering how many are fished out of rivers each week around the globe.  I find these bikes more problematic than litter and it just makes places look very untidy.  I bet if I went and took 100 pictures in and around Oxford now, 99 would have one of these shitty bikes in the background. 

They are everywhere in the USA (different brands of them). Cities I've lived in that have them included Minneapolis, San Antonio, Dallas and NYC. MSP uses motorized scooters instead of the pedal bikes like SATX and Dallas do. I have never seen a mess like that however, unlucky. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Are these free or something? Concept might make sense but its hugely flawed in a country like ours. Maybe just keep it them for only upper class Cities ;)

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

13 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Are these free or something? Concept might make sense but its hugely flawed in a country like ours. Maybe just keep it them for only upper class Cities ;)

Nah, you have to pay - a brief article here https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/indyventure/mobike-china-bike-sharing-scheme-london-launch-boris-bicycles-no-docking-stations-santander-a7868916.html explains how they work.

On 9/3/2018 at 11:47 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Funnily enough, Manchester, the place you want to take us, is the only city out of 200 where they are ceasing business.

Vandalism and theft.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-45422065

jeffersonclasswar.jpg