Logitech acquire Astro

GazzaGarratt

Read this on PC Gamer. Bought Astro for $85 million in cash.

Long time keyboard and mouse juggernaut Logitech today announced that Astro Gaming will join its team in a full out acquisition.

Announced in a blog post by Logitech Gaming head Ujesh Desai, Astro will become part of the Logitech Gaming brand, and bring along its entire portfolio of gaming headsets.

In the post, Desai mentions that Astro will focus primarily on making products for consoles, while Logitech G will continue to be focused on PC gaming products. Logitech keyboards and mice have long been a staple for many gamers, including ourselves.

"I’m happy to share that we’ve found this same love for design and the sport of gaming in our newest team members: joining the Logitech G gaming team is ASTRO Gaming. ASTRO’s history of producing award-winning headsets for pro esports and console gamers perfectly complements the PC gaming expertise Logitech G is best known for," Desai said.

The most notable part of this says Astro will be for consoles and Logitech for PC. That should mean the end of multi platform support from Astros. Not sure how I feel about that.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not 100% certain on how Astro's work on pc as I haven't tried to use it.  I would have thought though that PC's pick the mixamp up as a usb headset so they would continue to work.

The question really though is why, most PC's have better sound than consoles, sound cards and more control over system volume, in game music, sound, chat volumes really ruling the mixamp pointless.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Logitech make decent mice. I use the G400 for PC.

A lot of YouTuber's love the Astro A50s.

So long as the motherboard has an optical out then you can use the optical cable instead of just relying on usb. The A50 has its own sound card and it's pretty damn good. Virtual rather than surround sound. I turn off my PC's mobo audio.

I'm no expert though and I know some folk do like to use a sound card at the dame time.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I use Astro A50s for my PC. They connect through a USB and are amazing. I don't think it will matter much as PC has a much wider range of premium sound Equiptment, including for gaming.

However, awesome move as Logitech makes quality peripherals. I am currently using a G403 mouse and G610 keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I've got a G402 arriving today.  Always loved the Logitech stuff.  Still rocking my MX510 from back in the day.  But it's old tech and the sensor is noticeably stuttering where on lower resolutions it used to be pixel for pixel.  The keyboard may be a touch to expensive for me, lets see how it goes ;)  I'm using my Tritton pro+ headphones but I pick up a little bit of noise over the USB powered amp.  The best option will be to get an optical widget as my motherboard has spdif out, and use the separate amp and decoder that the PS4 uses.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......