PS4 headset

Drifter

With BF1 coming out this fall I plan to get it and finally have a game where I can group up and play with some of you guys here on the PS4 platform. My old Turtlebeach PX21 headset for some reason has very low volume when hooked to my PS4. I looked up the "fix" for it online and did it but still did not seem to make much of a difference IMO. So going to be looking to pick up a new PS4 based plug & play headset this fall. Any suggestions for a good set that doesn't cost an arm & leg?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried your turtlebeach's with your PS4 Tommy? Mine the volume is about half what it should be. From what I found awhile back there was a patch which I tried but made no difference with mine. Yeah I'm really looking fwd to finally playing some war games with you guys...only took what, 8 years?? LOL

Some headsets (USB) are not amplified so the sound is low. Check your settings in the Audio menu for the PS4 to make sure it's not attenuated.

I have a Sennheiser headset which is plug and play. I like it because it work on my Mac, PC, PS4 and PS3. However the sound is lower than other headsets as well.

I notice that the sound is louder on the PC than PS4 so the PS4 might be the issue.

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

Have you tried your turtlebeach's with your PS4 Tommy? Mine the volume is about half what it should be. From what I found awhile back there was a patch which I tried but made no difference with mine. Yeah I'm really looking fwd to finally playing some war games with you guys...only took what, 8 years?? LOL

Yeah, my Turtlebeach XP 500 & Z11's work just fine w/ the PS4.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

1 hour ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Some headsets (USB) are not amplified so the sound is low. Check your settings in the Audio menu for the PS4 to make sure it's not attenuated.

I have a Sennheiser headset which is plug and play. I like it because it work on my Mac, PC, PS4 and PS3. However the sound is lower than other headsets as well.

I notice that the sound is louder on the PC than PS4 so the PS4 might be the issue.

Yep went in and reset the settings to where they should be. There was some patch that I tried as well but that didn't work either. Maybe I'll just look into the XP500 or Z11's then since those work for Tommy.

I've only ever had the earbud then the official ps4 ones. It seems like they are fantastic compared to what others say too. I think they are the closest to the astros without paying the price for the top end headsets.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I've been using a pair of these for the last couple of years and they've been amazing!

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Gold-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-4/dp/B00HVBPRUO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1470914812&sr=8-3&keywords=ps4+headset

Wireless, comfortable and has a good battery life, plus is sound is great from them! I'm sure there are better headsets for sound quality but i really can't knock these, especially for the price.

I have a similar headset.  There is a fix.

You need to have the 3.5mm jack plugged into the tv, and (there are two options here) :-

a) Go into settings>devices>Audio devices.  Change the output from turtle beach to TV.  Your chat will be sent with the game audio via the TV, you lose individual control on the mixamp . but you can use the settings to alter it.

b ) Plug a set of HEADPHONES (without mic) into controller and remove it,  audio is automatically defaulted to TV (saves going through menu)

The third option is to buy the turtle beach upgrade kit that occasionally gets reduced on amazon. 

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

As Rich said, Sony Golds are pretty much the benchmark nowadays. I've had Turtle Beach PX21s (crap build quality, fell apart in no time), Tritton AX Pros (decent, sweaty ear cups though), Tritton Pro+ (also good, but wouldn't buy them again) and I'm currently using a pair of Astro A50s which are without doubt the best pair of cans I've ever used, an opinion which seems to be shared with all those who have them. Stupid expensive but worth every penny.

banlol.png

So for the first few years I had the Sony Gold Wireless headset and they were a quality build and worth the money. However, I switched to Astros and it made the Sony Golds sound like I was listening to an old radio for a decade. For the money I don't believe you can beat the sound quality and comfort of Astros.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

1 hour ago, tronic44 said:

I've been using a pair of these for the last couple of years and they've been amazing!

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Gold-Wireless-Stereo-Headset-4/dp/B00HVBPRUO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1470914812&sr=8-3&keywords=ps4+headset

Wireless, comfortable and has a good battery life, plus is sound is great from them! I'm sure there are better headsets for sound quality but i really can't knock these, especially for the price.

I second this recommendation. I've had my Golds for a while now and I really like them. Sound is very good and I've never gotten any complaints on the quality of the mic from others.

On 8/11/2016 at 8:05 AM, crispymorgan said:

I have a similar headset.  There is a fix.

You need to have the 3.5mm jack plugged into the tv, and (there are two options here) :-

a) Go into settings>devices>Audio devices.  Change the output from turtle beach to TV.  Your chat will be sent with the game audio via the TV, you lose individual control on the mixamp . but you can use the settings to alter it.

b ) Plug a set of HEADPHONES (without mic) into controller and remove it,  audio is automatically defaulted to TV (saves going through menu)

The third option is to buy the turtle beach upgrade kit that occasionally gets reduced on amazon. 

I'll give this a try and see what happens thanks. I did try plugging the PX21's directly into the controller as was suggested elsewhere I found online but that didn't do anything. I will dig out an old pair of just headphones and try that first to see if it switches over automatically like your suggested.

Dave- I've been pretty happy with the quality of the px21's myself. I've owned mine for at least 3-4 years now (maybe longer) and haven't had anything break on them yet. Maybe you need to stop banging your head against the wall when you get killed and they will last longer :P