Games similar to Vandal Hearts

A few of us have had some random conversations about this PSOne classic as of late.  For those that don't know, Vandal Hearts was a top down Tactical/strategy RPG that had a really good cast of characters that each had their own different skills and abilities with a great story and some good gameplay.

They did make a few sequels but neither one really stood up to the original IMO.  However, I'm curious if anyone has any recommendations for games that have a similar style?  Pop your suggestions down below.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Just managed to watch that Chad @Riff Machine  and boy it looked great. Already looking to find it on eBay 😄

My first taste was actually Final Fantasy 7 and I wish I had played more turn based games before that. I'd love to know about more though. FF7 really paved the way i loved storytelling in videogames and it was nice to feel like you had to time to react and take your turn in fights, more so like a chess fight. I bought FF8 after that and spent many hours in that too. One game I do have still that i enjoyed was Finaly Fantasy Crisis Core on the PSP. Superb game, wish that had a port over to one of the latest consoles.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb