VoG prep and what to expect - spoiler alert !!!

Baabcat

Now contest mode is over its all about Oracles as the main issue. The fact you have to now shoot them in the order of when they appear, and when you're at Atheon you have to rely on good callouts in the Atheon room, this basically makes or breaks the boss fight.

The absolute key is remain as calm as we can and most of not fill the comms with huge chatter as its the one main section you just need to be focused on the job at hand - something that we at FG are pretty pants at, lets face it! 🤣🤣

Only other thing to consider is DPS on the boss. Ultimately, I think we all worry about getting it done quickly e.g. in 1 or 2 phases but its really something we shouldn't worry about. I 4 phased it the other night and there was no pressure as we all stayed calm and kept calling out oracles to finally take Atheon down. A Divinity seems to help overall if 1 or 2 people have that on, with complimentary things such as high DPS snipers - one I use is the Kinetic sniper 'Succession' (from Deep Stone Crypt). My last loadout was:

Kinetic - Sniper - Succession

Energy - Scout - Eternal Blazon

Heavy - Machine Gun - Xenophage

You should also maximise damage by using supers. As a Titan, finally use Thundercrash a little more is some fun, although have to get back to the middle damage zone before Atheon slams you into the next Vex life. A Warlock well is pretty much essential I think, otherwise you need people to bring bubbles and a couple of the squad to shoot supplicants that like to annoy you.

What else is working for other people?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I think last night we had two problem , DPS and staying alive, esp for a 4 phase. 

Actually not sure about divinity, think I do most of my damage with the two supers you can get off, and I think speed to the damage point is probably the key.

Ideally I’d say the home team should be in centre as times vengeance starts, this means calling the oracles and moving. Not sure if one needs to stay on the plate, but I think once the plate is built it’s built. Also send one of the away team back as the third oracles are called. If all these 4 get doubles supers off (or at least 3 of them as ideally one would be well) that’s a ton of damage . I think this speed to damage is the key, we only get 28 seconds so losing 10 is a disaster. Also means we would get a second well which makes supplicant control at end of damage so much easier