Picture and Movie editing help

Macca89

Hi guys.

I'm trying desperately to expand the look of my business, through better photos, videos etc 

I need a good picture or video editing programme which is easy to use and will really help me take things up a notch for my business.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm open to them.

Thanks

Honestly it’s hard to say anything other than the Adobe suite.

Photoshop and Lightroom for photos.  Photoshop and Illustrator for graphics.  Premiere Pro andAfter Effects for video.

It can get quite pricey as it’s a subscription model but there’s other options if you go on the high seas.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

How are you getting on with this @Macca89 ? It may help to understand what you're trying to specifically create and there may be other things out there.

I have found Canva is ridiculously string at creating stuff, you just need your own idea on what you want to do but there are tons of templates - and the best part is that its free to use. It has a pro version that looks like it could give you more templates for videos and tope end stuff but if i'm honest i've never had the urge to use any of them as there's so much that its free.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I think its like, I want to create some better content for insta/tiktok etc, also whilst im on the subject, does anyone have any experience in helping me make my site look better, obviously I know you've done wonders with fg, if you or anyone is able to help me with that side of things too, just think my site is just very........plain, want it to stand out

My best advice... Don't take photos on an angle or using default phone filters, and use a light box for pictures of products. (Try not to get your reflection in them either)

If you need help with you website there are thousands of YouTube tutorials for WIX or whoever your using. That's what I tend to do!

Good luck pal.

On 1/7/2023 at 3:26 AM, Macca89 said:

I think its like, I want to create some better content for insta/tiktok etc, also whilst im on the subject, does anyone have any experience in helping me make my site look better, obviously I know you've done wonders with fg, if you or anyone is able to help me with that side of things too, just think my site is just very........plain, want it to stand out

You should think about what you want to stand out and think of a few ways on how you want to show them off. Using some of what @James5497  has said above, you can then effectively test a few different views to see what works for people coming to your site.

Here, I wanted (and still want 😅) people to realise what we have to offer and get involved in together. That made me think of the blocks that I felt would work. That doesn't mean I've successfully nailed the objective as I think the jury is out here still on what makes people check stuff out and get involved. I think every 3 months you should what you can add, improve, change which allows your website to evolve rather than just stay the same until a big update every few years. Its hard striking the balance but Trial and Error will always be the way forward. Shout up here if you have an idea of a visual 'thing' you want to create and we can help think of ways you can implement it.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb