FIFA World Cup 2022

J4MES OX4D

Argentina 3-3 France (4-2 pens) 

Hands-down the best international game of football I have ever seen! France looked dead and buried for 80 minutes and only got their first shot on goal on 70mins being 2-0 down. 2 goals in one minute changed everything and Argentina clung on. 3-2 up and another penalty out of nowhere and after the equaliser with seconds left, France miss a one-on-one and then Argentina head wide. Absolutely insane finale! Martinez once again incredible during the penalties. Easily the best World Cup final and possibly the greatest tie ever in the competition. Argentina were perhaps too comfortable and a bit cocky second half and taking Di Maria off was a mistake in hindsight but France's comeback in normal time was just nuts and to do it again in ET was equally remarkable under the circumstances. 

And to think I almost didn't bother watching it😂

Gonna be a lot of salty CR7 fans online tonight - Messi now as the World Cup to cement himself as the greatest ever and Ronaldo doesn't even have a club. Mbappe has been a total prick and largely anonymous in the tournament but a player like that is a game changer and he still has a bright future at 23 with back to back World Cup Finals. Mac Allister was MOTM for me though although his efforts will get drowned out by Messi I bet. 

It was a great World Cup footballing wise I have to say. So many upsets and teams pushing other teams all the way.

I don't think the final was the greatest for me but can't deny it was a cracking finish. I actually wasn't really watching it properly as it was boring as hell until 80 mins 😅

Thought the ref did a good job too in the final, handled the rolling about in the right way and caught that late dive from the French player super quickly too.

I cant wait to get back to a summer World Cup now though. It really did mess up our schedule and kind of put our thoughts for Christmas in abit of a spin too, can't have that again!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb