Gunsmith unlock info

techno

This guy is a complete idiot. Gary did you play MW2019? If so do you remember the weapon grind in that? Seventy fucking levels for a gun. Took weeks just to get a gun to max level let alone going for camos on guns if you didn’t play several hours a day. Even then the grind was stupid. Then the damn camo unlocks were horrible. Getting 100 long shots for ARs. The weapon leveling and camo grind is extremely easy in this game. Most guns only go to level 20. Think the highest I’ve seen was 24 maybe. 

What they did do is if you unlock a sight for say the M4 l, it’s unlocked for every gun that uses that sight. Same goes for every attachment in the game. Once it’s unlocked that’s it. No more having to unlock the same sight or laser or surppressor again and again. It’s a one and done. That’s a hell of a lot better than having to get every AR I like to a lever 60 to unlock the one sight I like. It’s made easier. Yes they are making people use guns they typically won’t use. On that I can say well I guess you don’t want to use that attachment. I can level up four or five guns in the time it took to do one in MW2019 or Cold War. For that I say thanks 

Personally I like this system. Forces people to play other guns. 

Otherwise all we would see if M4/Hurricanes. You have to have challenges and you can manage with the attachments that are provided to you. If you want to use a certain gun, there are few things you won't get but it isn't game changing. 

6 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

This guy is a complete idiot. Gary did you play MW2019? If so do you remember the weapon grind in that? Seventy fucking levels for a gun. Took weeks just to get a gun to max level let alone going for camos on guns if you didn’t play several hours a day. Even then the grind was stupid. Then the damn camo unlocks were horrible. Getting 100 long shots for ARs. The weapon leveling and camo grind is extremely easy in this game. Most guns only go to level 20. Think the highest I’ve seen was 24 maybe. 

What they did do is if you unlock a sight for say the M4 l, it’s unlocked for every gun that uses that sight. Same goes for every attachment in the game. Once it’s unlocked that’s it. No more having to unlock the same sight or laser or surppressor again and again. It’s a one and done. That’s a hell of a lot better than having to get every AR I like to a lever 60 to unlock the one sight I like. It’s made easier. Yes they are making people use guns they typically won’t use. On that I can say well I guess you don’t want to use that attachment. I can level up four or five guns in the time it took to do one in MW2019 or Cold War. For that I say thanks 

No I didn't play mw2019 but I have heard how crap the challenges were. I personally do think it could be streamlined a little, I see no reason for so many attachments that do the same thing. 

7 hours ago, techno said:

No I didn't play mw2019 but I have heard how crap the challenges were. I personally do think it could be streamlined a little, I see no reason for so many attachments that do the same thing. 

I completely agree with that. The issue is that there are no numbers assigned to what they do. Only red and green bars. If it gave detailed stats where one does this more vs another it would be easier to choose. Where it looks like they do the same, they seem to feel different. 

1 hour ago, TigerBurge said:

I completely agree with that. The issue is that there are no numbers assigned to what they do. Only red and green bars. If it gave detailed stats where one does this more vs another it would be easier to choose. Where it looks like they do the same, they seem to feel different. 

If you look at the bars carefully you can see Green/red increase/decrease. So if attachments have the same +/- switch between the two and you will see where one has an advantage over an other.

It seem like to more advantageous to more disadvantageous also. So for example higher recoil control will lead to lower ADS.  If a gun lowers recoil by 6% over one that lowers 4% (as an example) it might have a 6% percent higher ADS as opposed to a 4% higher ADS.  Its not exactly like that but you hopefully get the idea. 

the description will say  -recoil and +ADS but as you point out it will not say how much

2 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

Yeah it's complete bollocks really. Even COD mobile has extensive in-depth numbered data yet we've gone back to the plain bigger bar format. The attachments also don't provide any feedback as to their true impact especially when stacked and the firing range they have in-game is just a total waste of time for testing weapons. I've always said they included the damage dealt feature in the past without knowing why and the one time they remove it from the game is the only one where it's actually needed to compensate for the statistics they've removed. 

If I'm running 3 attachments that reduce my ADS time, I would like to know by how long. 0.1 second for each one is fine but if it was 0.5 then that would be a big issue even with just one.