Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake - Now Confirmed!

IRaMPaGe

Interesting...... 

mgs3_012.jpg
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

It looks like the long-rumoured Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater remake may be announced at...

Just catching up and it looks like they've had an update - "After discovering the footage used in the mysterious video has been taken from an Unreal Engine 5 assets pack, it now appears that the video is a hoax."

Shame as I'd like to think some MGS games are worthy of returning too...having said that and the amount of remakes, it would be cool to take the best bits and create a new MGS please.

Forum Signature Test.png

I'd love to see a remake of MGS1.  Or, do a complete remake of the original metal gear with 3d assets and all the modern MGS bells and whistles.  I think both the original 2 games in the series should get "The Treatment."  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

7 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

I'd love to see a remake of MGS1.  Or, do a complete remake of the original metal gear with 3d assets and all the modern MGS bells and whistles.  I think both the original 2 games in the series should get "The Treatment."  

They were such wonderful games. Altho very advanced for their time in gameplay and graphics, they are old and definitely worthy of an upgrade. 

Those stories and current PS5 and high end PC graphics would look absolutely stunning. 

People would buy it as well because it was so iconic. It's a missed opportunity imo. 

Hell yes.  If cdproject red is remaking the first Witcher game, Konami should do the same with metal gear 1 & 2.  

On 11/2/2022 at 9:44 PM, Riff Machine said:

There's been strong rumours of an MGS1 remake in the last year or so but with Kojima gone and Konami being bastards, even if it did happen, I don't think they'd do a very good job. Konami also hate making money it seems as they have so many big IP's on their books but they don't seem to want to make the most of them. 

Having blooper team make a silent hill game is a total recipe for success...  😏

• GazzaGarratt changed the title to Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake - Now Confirmed!

Some more info

So were getting Metal Gear 1 and 2 plus MGS's Integral Missions expansion which is a surprise bonus. Also the MGS2 and 3 ports will be from the MGS Collection that released on console about a decade ago. Not sure about the original Metal Gear Solid though but I am literally praying it's not the Twin Snakes port. Can't see it being this if they are porting the VR Missions standalone title and it makes me wonder if they will do a ground-up port for those two. Not too keen on the GOG version and I also wouldn't want to see them releasing some sort of upscaled ISO. Be interesting to see how they do this but having established builds for 2 and 3 3 is a good start. 

I was holding out hope for the MGS1 remake, but I get why it's this one.  I'll play the hell out of it still.  

Have you seen that they are open to making more remakes if the demand is there?? Konami are smashing it of late so this sounds like even more good news if you ask me.

Forum Signature Test.png

Another nightmare port which is insane as this is an essentially 10 year old product with established games of 20 years across multiple systems and generations. PC version is bad and the consoles aren't faring much better. 

My PS5 copy should be arriving in the post tomorrow and I'm toying with whether to send it straight back. This has been another shocking year for unfinished and broken games. Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft and Valve should ban developers from being able to patch their games for the first 60 days and then maybe they may release them to some reasonable standard.