Top Gear Chernobyl

J4MES OX4D

Fantastic episode of Top Gear last night! The crew went to Ukraine to complete a cross-country trip which included a challenge NOT to reach Chernobyl which was hilarious. Definitely one of their best ever episodes. It's available to watch in HD here http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03wc9v7/hd/Top_Gear_Series_21_Episode_3/

Great episode!

and what about that insanity that came from Denmark, over 1000bhp but can't beat an M5 around the track! I still don't know why there's an option to turn off the traction control in cars like that? 

Also i think James Blunt is fucking hilarious, i read about his twitter come backs a few months ago and i'm glad they spoke about it on the show cuz they're funny as hell!

Great episode!

and what about that insanity that came from Denmark, over 1000bhp but can't beat an M5 around the track! I still don't know why there's an option to turn off the traction control in cars like that? 

Also i think James Blunt is fucking hilarious, i read about his twitter come backs a few months ago and i'm glad they spoke about it on the show cuz they're funny as hell!

James Blunt was bloody brilliant! I only knew of him as a singer really and in the 10 or so minutes he was talking to Clarkson; I found out that he saved us from World War III and is a fucking comedian too :lol:  Seems a really nice bloke. 

I predicted that Danishmobile would be at the top of the leaderboad but then it finished slower than a Ford Focus STI and BMW family estate! It also caught fire every few minutes and cost £800,000 :o They just ripped it out of it in the end at how bad it was. It was raining but that would have only meant at best it could have probably reached 1.25.00 around the track which is slow by the shows standards now

As they were entering Chernobyl, I was really hoping to see the fairground. All i kept thinking was;

"Look at this place, fifty-thousand people used to live in this city, now it's a ghost town. I've never seen anything like it."

Sad I know but i find it kind of cool that COD4 opened a lot of younger peoples eyes to Chernobyl through gameplay.

APmVvKG.gif

Here is the link for the non Euro guys. Because of the BBC iPlayer is for the UK only. So I found another place where you can watch full episodes of the new season of Top Gear. http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-season-21-episode-3_2451458.htm

I loved the lead introduction to this car with the bikes and then the NO! check this out. :lol: It's probably not as tough as they made it look with no traction control. The way it was being driven previous to the Stig reminded me of an infomercial where easy tasks are made to look impossible EG. It still has ABS so your limiting power on, fighting against the weight of the car, feathering the throttle, being on the gas and the breaks at the same time in and out of turns and hard breaking in a straight line. It didn't look like any throttle control was being used they just pounded on it and threw their hands up as it being undrivable. I'd take a whack at it :ph34r:

It was a great episode.

EDIT: Also didn't they touch on the flooding in the UK and boast that they had already solved it with the Hovervan? I will admit the Hovervan segment made me pee myself a little laughing. Epic stuff.

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

I loved the alfa peace, the 6 wheeled G-Wagon, the Caterham but they need to stop with the stuff that isn't funny. Ie the pizza and the table cloth. I just find that they're still trying too hard. 90% of the show was brilliant.

Jack Whiteall was good fun.

I've always liked the TG humour but when it gets ludicrously stupid I don't find it all that funny. I'm just waiting for the P1 v Porsche face-off and hopefully they'll have a massive challenge before the end of the series like the Vietnam or USA road trip.

Normally i'd say McLaren all the way but dat Porsche doe!

Wasn't it around 2.6 seconds to 60? 

My main thing about Porche is their design or lack of but they've pushed the boat out with this one. Loving the position of the exhausts!

Looking forward to their head to head, should be quite a show down! 

Also what about that spin off at 120 in the BMW?!? I'd of shat myself as well lol