Assassin's Creed Mirage

J4MES OX4D

FblO14_WAAAbGEP?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Setting looks interesting from the artwork but let's face facts, it'll be another re-skin, set in a needlessly gigantic world where the story is spread thin and the map is bloated with mind-numbing side quests consisting of outpost liberating with x-ray vision whilst being able to climb anything and having no fall damage blady blah.  I'm actually really sick and tired of this franchise now - it's basically an single player RPG with a live-service basis and what you see in the first hour is what you get for the other 60.

Ubisoft will never make a masterpiece, nor will they ever make a great game and it's brands like this that's making the company stagnate into mediocrity despite having a huge budget and technology available at hand. 

Probably a continuation of the formula they've developed with Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla.  Unless this is the Valhalla spin-off they were talking about doing.  Guess we'll see.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Not had much time to catch up on Assassin's Creed of late and this doesn't much help either cos its just a cinematic trailer! I'm not too interested in it though as I'd rather go back and find time for Valhalla, even though i would probably need a year to complete that game.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Yea, Just for the main game too.  I've no idea how much the DLC adds to it time wise.  I never bothered with it.  After I had finished it, I was just done with Valhalla.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Mirage will probably be another reskin with a needlessly big world and the same old mechanics. Once you've played one, you've played them all pretty much. It's one of just a few successful IP's Ubisoft have left so they will milk these games forever and they all have the same design philosophy and template which I don't like. If they cut down the game worlds by 60%, removed 100+ filler quests along with the level gating and made it more of a crafted experience then they could probably be onto something like The Witcher 3. Sadly this framework is just so safe, uninspired and mentally exhausting to play that I'll probably never buy another AC again. 

Wouldn't even force myself to play Valhalla for free. 

Looks they've done away with the RPG-heavy and level aspects which is good news but whether that will be replaced with something equally exhausting or make the core gameplay the same throughout remains to be seen. World looks fantastic and hopefully it's more scaled down than their needlessly big recent games like Valhalla. Everything else still looks very much the same but if they've done away with all this padding and have a strong story throughout then it could be a game-changer.