Cult of The Lamb

I am 100% getting this one today.  Both @Rumelylady and myself have been anticipating this one for some time.  A rouge-like with some town building sim in it where you're building a cult to the demon that resurrected you.   It's got a very cute graphic style that really makes the theme and purpose of the game so witty.   If you've played it or plan to, leave your thoughts and impressions here.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

This has been one of the most fun games I have played in a decade. It's a mixture between The Binding of Isaac and Don't Starve. (I've heard people say Hades also, but I didn't play that)

• Controls are solid.
  • Game and music are great.
  • It's fun to be a little murderous cult leader.
  • It's oddly adorable.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I'm gonna start a death metal band now that I've got a name for it.  Maybe a fusion band?  Metal-Country?  hmm...

33 minutes ago, Riff Machine said:

I'm gonna start a death metal band now that I've got a name for it.  Maybe a fusion band?  Metal-Country?  hmm...

I think your on to something there Chad. 

How about an Avant-garde Alternative Funk/Soul/Motown/Nu-Metal/Hip-Hop/Indy/Progressive Bluegrass/Folk/Deathcore/Symphonic/Electronic Synth/Polka/Jazz/Surfer Rock/Stoner Metal Fusion band that includes Yodelling and Mongolian Throat Singing and Gregorion Chanting? 

You had me sold with the Mongolian Throat Singing.  So METAL!!!!!

I've killed the first boss and my cult is growing ever so much.  I'm finding the micro-managing of the town building has more a focus then the dungeon delving.  Also, the time flies by in game.  The days are really quick, that I've lost chances to gain XP through sermons due to losing track of it.  I'm still enjoying it, combat is tight and very simple.  The weapons and curses you use for attacks are cool.  I'll have more once I get back into it.  

I've killed the second boss now.  Once I discovered you only need a max of 12 cultists in order to unlock all the areas, I did just that and am focusing more now on the dungeon delving.  I've run into a few bugs that have caused me to fail a few follower quests.  One example, a follower informs you that their friend wants to marry you.  So, if you have the marriage ritual unlocked, You can go into your temple and perform the ceremony.  The only problem is there is only ever 6 followers in the temple when you do and half the time, it isn't the one you need to finish the quest.  !@#$

Anyways, Let's go kill another boss or two.

Ok, I finished the game.  I didn't get all the upgrades for the village, but once I did unlock the majority of the upgrades for rituals, crown unlocks, and had a decent flow going with food production and all, I focused solely on blitzing the rest of the game.  I will say that at the moment, there is a bug in the last area where you encounter Summoners.  If you kill them while they are summoning, it'll spawn an invisible enemy that you can't kill.  I ran into that issue twice while trying to finish the last area and had to leave the dungeon and restart.  

All in all, It was an enjoyable experience.  It's not as hardcore as most other rouge-likes such as Hades, and I did find the town building aspect of it to be very upfront at the start of the game, which made it difficult to get into it.  The combat is very basic but may turn off hardcore players looking for a meatier experience.  

My advice, I'd wait for a sale or PSN freebie if you haven't picked this up yet or are curious about it.  If you really like town building games, grab it.  The combat isn't that big of a deterrent and those sections are really easy to blow through.