FG Server _ mods and name

phil bottle

So, a few things to mull over.

1. Server name

2. Mods to install

3. Public access or whitelist?

The server name should be easy, FG something or other.

Main mod to start with is probably the Expansion mod, it has a tonne of features, including traders but I'll see whether it's base building is good or if I need to install a better one on top of that. I'll see if I can find a good link to what's decent.

We can also look at other maps further down the line.

The server is open to random players but I'll look to put a message on saying that Kill On Sight (KOS) is not allowed and kickable...

...although FGers can kill randomers to their heart's content if they so please. That's me sorted 😉

Any other thoughts stick them below.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

For the record, from playing other servers I have 100gb of DayZ mods...

I'd suggest also either install DayZ SA launcher or becoming familiar with how DayZ interacts with the Steam Workshop 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'd appreciate it if we have the full name of Forever Gaming on it. We could think of a few cool names and put up a poll maybe? I'm easy.

I'll take a look at the mods today and put up my thoughts. Straight off the bat which would be awesome and a must have based on our last one would be:

• Auto Run
  • Map with live GPS location
  • Loot Crates
  • Aircraft and more Cars
11 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The server is open to random players but I'll look to put a message on saying that Kill On Sight (KOS) is not allowed and kickable...

If we want to kill on sight then I can only suggest randomers can do the same too. I think if we make it more of a buzz, we'll get more people on it for sure. We could ask at least them to do an intro here so we know who they are as well.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

If we want to kill on sight then I can only suggest randomers can do the same too. I think if we make it more of a buzz, we'll get more people on it for sure. We could ask at least them to do an intro here so we know who they are as well.

Indeed, I wasn't being serious, and if we have kos then it's for everyone. We should discuss though whether there is a rule that there has to be something to initiate any killing, such as being robbed...or could leave it classic DayZ and you can be shot and killed any time without warning. Which I prefer.

I will likely advertise the server on the DayZ forums, although that doesn't necessarily mean anyone will join... 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg