Sledgehammer Games

J4MES OX4D

I'm seeing quite a few rumours on the circuit that suggest Sledgehammer games will be making the next Call of Duty game meaning the franchise will adopt a three year development rotation.  If true, this will essentially give the developers a 3 year development window. 

I think 36 months should be the standard development timeframe for games within Call of Duty and it is a pity they didn't opt for this sooner even with just IW and Treyarch on their books. Then again; there is no way Activision would miss out on hundreds of millions in bunce just for the sake of product quality :lol:

So it looks like we'll be lumbered with X amount of years of annual COD games and all the crap that comes with it. The rumuor mill also suggests that Modern Warfare 4 may be the game to introduce Sledgehammer to the crows nest. 

Assuming this isn't bollocks; I am glad Treyarch have an extra year to prepare what could be Black Ops 3. I think they did incredibly well with BO2 with the features, modes, gameplay elements and superb presentation in contrast to the original Black Ops which also impressed but was ultimately dated.  

Sounds promising, like you say, treyarch get an extra year to make their game better... I prefer treyarch games overall...

Also it will be nice to have another team with another different feeling COD, IW and treyarch games don't feel alike or play alike, so it will be nice to have another different developer in there to put their personal touches on the game...

Although they have worked who IW before so they would probably end up using more of their ideas rather than treyarch...

blackops2sig.jpg

Sounds promising, like you say, treyarch get an extra year to make their game better... I prefer treyarch games overall...

Also it will be nice to have another team with another different feeling COD, IW and treyarch games don't feel alike or play alike, so it will be nice to have another different developer in there to put their personal touches on the game...

Although they have worked who IW before so they would probably end up using more of their ideas rather than treyarch...

Does anyone actually know what Sledgehammer were responsible for when working with IW on MW3 and Ghosts?

I would love to see them deliver their own interpretation of a COD game whilst using Treyarch for inspiration and Black Ops 2 as a template for how Call of Duty should be designed. BO2 really ticked many boxes although not perfect by any means. The rewards for objective play, the colourful pallet, wealth of modes and the pick 10 system were memorable strides in the series for me. 

I hope Sledgehammer don't start with Modern Warfare 4 as that would seem as if they were just filling in the annual gap and using the MW brand as a major selling point. I'd have a lot of respect for them if they started with a blank canvas and crafted out a unique and memorable game. COD 4 and MW2 were very special games for me and although I'd love to see another game of that tone and setting; after MW3, I think they'll be pushing a tired story. A prequel may be the only way.

Even WaW 2 would be a good move taking the franchise back to it's roots although the younger lot would probably not warm to such an era! 

Saw this earlier about this subject once you get past the min and half intro

How the fuck did this guy get 66k subs? His intro is the same as a short clip, it has awful music, and when the commentary starts, he's pausing after every sentence.

Unbelievable.

banlol.png

How the fuck did this guy get 66k subs? His intro is the same as a short clip, it has awful music, and when the commentary starts, he's pausing after every sentence.

Unbelievable.

Its not that guy that has all the subs its thunderstruckgaming its a community channel.

This year's game might actually be worth buying since it's not going to be Black Ops 3.

I'd rather have a Treyarch game in all honesty than pin the hopes of a franchise on company that has had merely a backseat input on a couple of mediocre games. IW drove COD back to the stone age with Ghosts as it omitted everything positive about the franchise going forward and now we have to rely on a void being filled to suit Activisions annual charade. I feel it's just plugging the gap for a quick cash-grab and it wouldn't surprise me if they cling on to the MW aspect and drive on with Modern Warfare 4.

I am glad Treyarch have more time to invest in their latest outing though - it could save the franchise. Sledgehammer may surprise us and earn their place on the cycle but I wouldn't get my hopes up too much particularly as the 'next gen' forward-port of Ghosts well below-par. I bet Neversoft will soon worm they way onto the full-time hit-list too. 

Does anyone on here acutally bother with Ghosts now? 

Ghosts is my favorite CoD since MW2, far better than BO2 IMO.

Now there's something I didn't expect to read!

I do play ghosts, but have to find varying ways to enjoy playing, blops 2 was a solid game if I stayed off core.

The rumours continue that treyarchs next Cod will be ww2 set, not sure if that would be a good thing.

The rumours continue that treyarchs next Cod will be ww2 set, not sure if that would be a good thing.

I'd love to see World at War 2 or something. A COD game from a real era and not some dumbed-down fantasty title aimed at the younger gamer. Call of Duty used to be a serious shooter back in the day and I hope that Treyarch can take it back to its roots.  WAW had the best maps in the series, best design, no quickscope nonsense or petty politics like we get today. It was a solid MP game; not overly-spectacular with ludicrous killstreaks but the core gameplay was memorable and enjoyable.

I really wish that the Activision folks would recognize that they essentially have a sports game set in a military background here and start doing more of a Madden style game.

CoD:2015

Keep all maps as what they are, but allow them to be played across versions. It wouldn't be hard to track who has what version of the game and allow the access to only the maps that you own.

Ditch the Campaign other than as a short "Intro/ Training Camp" (It does bother me to type this as MW1 and MW2 were what got me into Console FPS because of the campaign)

Stop patching the game mid "Season" instead do honest long term studies of weapon stats/ usage, and then tweak every new release.

//wishful thinking end

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Sledgehammer Games officially taking the reins for this year's CoD:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/call-duty-2014-confirmed-new-lead-developer-new-development-cycle/

---

On a different note, a WW2 CoD would be awesome.

Then sights, the sounds, the guns...Ooh!

I'd still rather go play WaW than Ghosts really, but with the mass hax0ring going on over there atm...

It's out of the question.

Unbelievable.

Welcome to Machinima.

DM9ON.png

Now there's something I didn't expect to read!

I do play ghosts, but have to find varying ways to enjoy playing, blops 2 was a solid game if I stayed off core.

Since I have been using the Bulldog on Ghosts I have had so many ragers complaining about me. With that in mind there were 4 of us in a party and we all ran Bulldogs. Lets just say there was laughing and giggling because bodies were thrown across the map with shotgun shells. (well I exaggerated but you know what I mean by just a few feet backwards). I would say give it a go and run and gun with the Bulldog to give that slight challenge but yet still have a good time.

I'm sort of looking forward to a new company doing a CoD game. I really think that they need to get back to the basics of why everyone loved CoD at one time or another. If BO2 had the connection Ghosts has it would of been the best in the series. I hate the maps on Ghosts. Actually there hasn't been any DLC since MW2 that I really liked.