Playstation Now

J4MES OX4D

This could be brilliant function http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/07/sony-reveals-its-streaming-service-playstation-now

If they have a strong catalogue of classics; the PS4 will be a great hub for gaming old and new.

Good stuff Sony!

That's pretty cool, always wanted to play Last of us and beyond two souls.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Pretty cool idea, especially if its not too expensive, I would be surprised if it comes as part of PS+

That would be nice. There are tons on PlayStation games I want to try. Hope it's not to expensive

Playstation Now beta tomorrow open to all if you live in North 'Murica http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/sony-may-offer-a-subscription-option-for-playstation-now

Fixed that for ya, James ;)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

This is the price structure for the Playstation Now service beta and I am stunned at how ridiculous it is! $4.99 for just a 4 hour rental of Deus Ex Human Revolution or $30 bucks for a 90 day rental period? Bloody scandalous! I paid $3.24 for the Directors Cut on Steam and you can get it for a few dollars on eBay second hand. No option to buy and retain titles in full either. MGS 4 is $3.99 for four hours and that will barely get you past the intro :lol:

I'm sorry but this is really disappointing. I was expecting to get my hands on the likes of Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Crash Bandicoot, Resident Evil 2 and others for just a few quid to keep permanently and not some stupid expensive rental scheme with a fixed time period. To think they slagged off EA Access for being too expensive also. Sorry Sony but this is a right royal fuck up.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/List_of_PlayStation_Now_Games

Keep in mind this is still a beta, more games are coming and price structures are probably going to change. If people won't pay those prices Sony will lower them.

They've always advertised it as a rental service, which implies that you don't get to keep it.

Actually I can think of several scenarios where I would pay the current pricing.

For example, a game I want is still $45 to buy.

If I'm not completely sold on it yet, a $5, 4 hour rental will be enough to know if I want to buy it. If I do, five extra bucks on the purchase price is no big deal. If I don't, it's better to have blown five on it than 45.

If I know for sure that I want it, but I know I'll play it once and never touch it again (and I'm too impatient to wait for the price to come down), renting it for $30 is better than buying it for $45 then getting $10 for it when I trade it in.