Would Call of Duty be a Better Game IF...

Chookes

I love the arcade-style COD format as it plays like the good old days in terms of pace like Unreal Tournament, Quake III and Counterstrike but the major difference has been the killstreaks which along with the K/D ratio, has affected significantly the way the community play the game. I used to love barebones in MW2 as players had little to play for in terms of chained killstreaks so it was all about the gunplay and people actually came out into the open when they had nothing to camp for. 

The killstreaks in the last two COD games have been pretty poor tbh. In BO2, I only used a handful and it got far too repetitive and in Ghosts; they're nothing special. 

IW have really botched it by taking away the scorestreak element particularly in Kill Confirmed. Pure scorestreaks made the format better but now Ghosts is about kills again; there is more excuse to camp which is bloody infuriating. I'd also remove the K/D factor and just advertise kills and SPM.  

The scorestreaks back to killstreaks was such a backward step. KC is horrid now. The community between Battlefield and COD is chalk and cheese. Battlefield has people constantly moving and I feel it rewards those who move. You can't hide in a bush with a silenced thermal sniper and get killed by being shot in the knee. If you want to camp in Battlefield and get a kill, you have to have an element of skill. A sniper OHK is difficult, the guns have huge amounts of recoil, the silencers take range off making sitting in the back a disadvantage. It's the complete opposite to COD. There's no real benefit to playing like a douche. You can't camp for killstreaks is the main reason for this IMO. If you die, who cares.

I've always wondered what the original COD4 was like at release. Did people run around and just have fun? Have the douches always been there or is the game catering more and more to them?

If I had the option, I'd get rid of killstreaks, reduce gun damage and increase recoil. If you want to get kills, get better. Improve your aim, improve your map awareness and improve your positions. I would reward people who played the objective as much as I can.

They absolutely need to make the emphasis ptfo, I've been trying to do Dom caps challenge its more about finding a lobby where people want to play the game, if I f uh and one full of campers just camping for kill streaks I leave, but when its about the objective I've had some really good games.

I wonder if some you tubers using Dom to get massive kill streaks and big scores by not playing the objective has had something to do with it also, people see and try to copy.

Remove kill streaks or make them support based.

I've always wondered what the original COD4 was like at release. Did people run around and just have fun? Have the douches always been there or is the game catering more and more to them?

COD 4 was brilliant; the game was fresh and players didn't grasp what effect K/D would have on society and self-esteem. Players just wanted to play and kill. The fixed killstreaks meant you had to work to unlock them and the maps didn't inspire camping.  The general pacing on matches were fast, frantic and fun without the politics we see in today's Call of Duty games.

I absolutely loved MW2 but I can't help but feel that game created the stereotypical 'noob' that is all too common today. The good K/D image, YouTube self-obsessiveness and the general way people have adapted to others's game styles has had a huge detrimental effect on quality and the winning mentality. IW don't help themselves taking away the elements that was salvaging the franchise; rewarding players for playing the objective.  You take this element away and all players have is killwhoring. So many players just don't want to win matches either.

Kudos to Treyarch for attempting to change the way players play and their attitudes -  Black Ops 2 worked exceptionally well and rewarded players for playing any objective and in some instances more than a few kills. The games flowed better and there was a real competitive edge but Infinity Ward have stripped all of that in Ghosts and have reignited everything that was tactically intolerable in Modern Warfare 2.   

Ghosts is a fucking mess of a game. It has lots of excellent points but they have really taken it back to the stone-age of pure shite player styles and it seems they actively encourage it. 

Battlefield feels like a breath of fresh air. There's just less crap to annoy you although it's a lot tougher. I just find it so much more rewarding. The guns have proper recoil, the TTK gives you a chance in a gun fight even if the guy has the jump on you and it overall looks spectacular. 

My pros:

Looks incredible.

Maps are great.

You can demolish anything.

Less camping.

Guns have more recoil, takes much more skill to get a kill.

Snipers are tough to use, makes getting a kill feel amazing.

Conquest is mental (a good mental).

You can use vehicles.

No killstreaks.

No UAVs.

Gun variety is incredible, so many guns and attachments to unlock.

Promotes proper team work - one should be a medic, one support etc...

You can choose where you respawn (in DOM anyway).

Battlelog (like Elite) has proper Stats and more functionality.

My cons:

There's no party system, joining team mates isn't as simple as COD.

It's quite confusing and almost overwhelming (although plenty on here can help explain it to you).

You can only Aim/Shoot with R2/L2, I can't play claw on BF4 properly.

Regarding the party system, as the PS4 has Party Chat available it makes it much easier to just Join Session and let your team mate be aware of how you're getting on. I sometimes joined Chris but would be on the opposite team but it wasn't an issue as I was still able to talk to him.

This is what I don't understand about this game the killstreaks are really poor in comparison to older cods, why people feel the need to camp so hard for them is beyond me...

As I said in the complaint thread, KC is now ruined, tags don't help you get your streaks anymore, so people now ignore them completely or use them as bait for people like me who just want to win!

Maybee it would make the game better without killstreaks, if they removed streaks then there's no big difference between cod and other shooters. (Iv written that last part 9 times, I just can't think of the wording to get my point across)

I just don't know what it is that has changed, but Ghosts is just so different to MW2 to which I was addicted to and thoroughly enjoyed...

Even though it may be killstreaks ruining the game, to me it wouldn't be COD without killstreaks...

blackops2sig.jpg

This post above from James is exactly why I am thinking of taking the plunge, buying a PS4 and BF4 and getting off CoD

People who played both on PS4, what's your view?

Do it lol be a noob with me, think Euan has convinced me to give battlefield another go.

One thing that treyarch also did was make you have to move even when using ghost perk, I always used ghost assassin etc but I was fine with having to move for it to work.

This is what I don't understand about this game the killstreaks are really poor in comparison to older cods, why people feel the need to camp so hard for them is beyond me...

As I said in the complaint thread, KC is now ruined, tags don't help you get your streaks anymore, so people now ignore them completely or use them as bait for people like me who just want to win!

Maybee it would make the game better without killstreaks, if they removed streaks then there's no big difference between cod and other shooters. (Iv written that last part 9 times, I just can't think of the wording to get my point across)

I just don't know what it is that has changed, but Ghosts is just so different to MW2 to which I was addicted to and thoroughly enjoyed...

Even though it may be killstreaks ruining the game, to me it wouldn't be COD without killstreaks...

Its the community that are killing it for me - I got caught in a game of blitz the other day where basically we were virtually spawn trapped by a team with no interest in winning the game - we won 14-1 despite being spawn trapped most of the game. The 14 goals probably came from the 14 times people managed to get out of our spawn. Despite being camped on our spawn the opposition didn't bother capping at all, could easily have done so but just KDR boosting

I had a pop at someone who camped in Dom for 12-9 and they lost I went 32-21-9 caps and he said who cares about winning its just a video game...glad he was on their team.

Then there's the time you drop into a game and its someone thermal hard scoping a Dom point...leave!

How boring is it going to become when all objective players leave lol

I was really hoping this thread was going to be..

WOULD CALL OF DUTY BE BETTER IF...

I WASN'T INVOLVED?

:(

I think there should be no killstreaks apart from dogs which are a 10 killstreak, everyone likes dogs :)

Bollocks to Heavy Duty mode; just bring back the Barebones playlist and make objective play the main source of XP. 

Also bring back Hardpoint and Headquarters; two heavily objective-focused modes. Oh wait; IW couldn't give a toss about playing the bloody objective so that's probably why these two popular modes were removed!

Tossers

If you go on Twitch and watch ALMOST anyone livestreaming, they all seem to be spawn trapping, with Blitz being the game mode of choice. Truly sad to watch as people join a shit lobby only to die immediately upon spawning, over and over and over. What fun is that, aiming down your sights waiting for a guy to spawn in front of you? Fucking retarded. It's even more sad when these douchebags end up coming against half way decent players, then you start hearing all the complaints about this guy is camping, this guy is watching their spawn, etc. etc. They wonder why people back out of games against them and then call them all kinds of names for backing out. Bunch of non-confrontational pussies!!!

Do it lol be a noob with me, think Euan has convinced me to give battlefield another go.

One thing that treyarch also did was make you have to move even when using ghost perk, I always used ghost assassin etc but I was fine with having to move for it to work.

I've done it, taken the plunge and ordered PS4 and BF4. No idea when it will show up but nows the time to get into BF4, just one more Xmas noob.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bf is just a better game.

nothing beats dominating the battlefield in a scout chopper whilst your squad repairs your stinger damage, and has you covered with stingers themselves. its amazing.sniping is also fucking rewarding, its so frustrating being sniped in this game, that its so satisfying getting a sniper kill, especially a headshot. i went on a 14 streak using the seriously OP barrett .50 cal you can pick up in game, and i got half the enemy team raging after me. it was awesome

epic feeling when you c4 a tank and see the vehicle disable, vehicle kill, and enemy double kill pop up. similarly, its awesome taking out tanks on the ground with jets, blowing tanks up with attack choppers, tow boats, rpgs, sniping helicopters with the SRAW, sniping helicopters with attack boats and TV missles, racking up multi kills on operation locker when you lock down the approach to B with the .50 cal machine gun in the tower.

oh, and knifing someone is the most satifsying thing in this game, and the most rage inducing when it happens to you. simply put, i love this game despite its production flaws and slight imbalances. Just wish more people knew how to play it properly !

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten