sniper nerf

techno

Fuck Thunder. He's a whiny ass bitch.  Snipers ARE NOT OP.  If they are so OP, then why aren't there record breaking games posted with 3 KEM strikes using.............wait for it................ sniper rifles?  They don't. Because they aren't the most powerful and efficient gun to use. People like Thunder that bitch about snipers game after game do nothing for the community but perpetuate the bitching and complaining about things that people hate to get killed by.

Now, as for the nerf.

Increased hip fire spread - not a big deal, no scoping has always been a last resort anyway.

Reduced Aiming Speed when using Quickdraw - again, not a big deal. I don't even use that perk and I get along just fine.  "Try Hard Snipers" put that on because they think they need it without even bothering to try without it. (Thunder "That is the Biggest blow to quickscopers" - again, he's an idiot. I quickscope just fine without it)  It is hard to take someone like Thunder seriously when he doesn't even know the first thing about sniping.

Reduction in flinch when using Focus - not a big deal yet again. The flinch is so pronounced when using sniper rifles that focus doesn't help you stay on target anyway, when you are scoped in.

Increase in ADS time overall - now this one WILL make a difference.  Snipers are at a disadvantage because the time to kill is so fast in this game.  A sniper scoping in, finding the target and firing is going to be slower than nearly all other guns in this game (and when you add in the lag; AKA, you die by the first bullet that hits you because the lag didn't register you were being shot at until all the bullets arrived) - factor that in and you might as well hang it up. You'll have to stay scoped in on chokepoints far longer and it will be a bitch just to get around the map. As soon as you scope out and try to move, an enemy appears and you're dead instantly.

Silencer - chest up OHK , instead of waist up. This is the way its supposed to be anyway.

Question?? How often do you guys get sniped anyway? Its pretty rare for me to die by a sniper.  I thought it was OP though. Wouldn't everyone and their brother be sniping then?

Keep calm and question nothing.

In my opinion, the advantage of having a capable sniper on your team is not what he does for the team as far as objectives go, but how well he gets the other team raging and playing recklessly because they are mad about getting sniped.  This leads to easier kills for the rest of the team.

Haven't watched the vid yet, but totally agree with your sentiments on Thunder. Anyone who bitches that much about anything and everything cod related is just doing it for attention rather than having some substance behind it.

I hope the nerf isn't too bad. Snipers seem perfect to me. Most of the community think they're ok. It's just the people who can't use a sniper that call for this kinda nerf

He claims to have a 2.0 k/d or higher gamertag where he snipes only.  And yet, I rarely see him upload beast games with the sniper rifle.

PS - fuck the IED. Nerf it. I'm sick of getting killed by it.  (such a stupid complaint, same as complaining about snipers)

I used to watch his videos 2 cycles ago, but I just got sick of the sniper bashing.  Especially when I know how hard it is to Snipe and that you are automatically at a disadvantage compared to everyone else.  I consider myself a descent sniper and I'm just struggling in this game.  I'm tired of the OP argument because its just flat out wrong.  He should be complaining about the MSBS because that weapon IS OP.

The only weapon in this game that was Op (puts up high score games every time, fastest TTK, good at close, medium and long range) was the MSBS...but IW did the smart thing and nerfed that gun.

Snipers are subpar...their like the bulldog, extremely good on certain maps, or certain areas of maps but overall not even close to OP.

Can't really figure out why they would want to kill snipers....anyone who plays more than 5 games will realize that assault rifles dominate this game.

I welcome it! But I am a douche that HATES getting killed by snipers.

And I don't think you should be able to run around with a sniper with almost the speed like a smg ads just as fast. Sniper rifles are heavy ffs.

But I care not as I'm not gonna play Ghosts very much.

Edit: Lobbies are filled with snipers, from qs to people with Thermal on.

I welcome it! But I am a douche that HATES getting killed by snipers.

And I don't think you should be able to run around with a sniper with almost the speed like a smg ads just as fast. Sniper rifles are heavy ffs.

But I care not as I'm not gonna play Ghosts very much.

Edit: Lobbies are filled with snipers, from qs to people with Thermal on.

I don't know what sniper rifle you're seeing if it has the same mobility as an SMG.

Now that is something I can sort of agree with. MOvement speed should be slower than assault but faster than LMG. Maybe.  I can see why they have such high mobility though; because if you miss, you're dead. At least the faster movement gives you a little bit of a chance of getting away.

I have to say I don't agree with the nerf if you can quick scope/snipe fair play you've taken the time to learn and no way are they OP

I set a class with incog and thermal basically just for stonehaven because I hate that map.

Personally don't think anything else needs to be sorted except spawns unless you can nerf camping :)

I really hate this idea that people have that snipers are OP. It's frustrating when you meet someone who's really good, but by no means OP. If it's that easy everybody would run with one. Whereas probably 70% of people actually run a AR but people don't mind getting killed by an AR.

I don't know what sniper rifle you're seeing if it has the same mobility as an SMG.

Kinda my feeling from several games, though I didn`t say the same speed but almost. I have played with a couple of snipers and felt like I moved around quite fast.

Now that is something I can sort of agree with. MOvement speed should be slower than assault but faster than LMG. Maybe.  I can see why they have such high mobility though; because if you miss, you're dead. At least the faster movement gives you a little bit of a chance of getting away.

Movement speed and ADS speed should be slower than SMG`s and AR`s.

I see why they did ot too, as this is an arcade shooter (so to speak) but I don`t agree with it.

But then again, if snipers were (used) like they are irl everyone would lie in the grass, corner etc the whole game. And there is already more than enough of those.

I think I need to clarify that I don`t think snipers are OP as they are pretty much OHK chest up irl and I don`t have a problem with that.

It`s just the ADS, somewhat movement speed and not to mention that you can turn on someone just as fast as an AR (SMG)

And of course the douchebags using them :)

In previous games, mw2 for example.

The Intervention - SMG movement

Barrett - LMG movement (or at least assault) - not for certain.  Presumably, the faster rate of fire needed a balance with the slower movement.

for Ghosts, this works in a similar manner. The USR is a faster movement and the semi-auto's, I believe are slower. I don't know about the L115 because that thing is a piece of shit so I don't use it.  The USR is the best one for One Hit Kills, fire rate and mobility.

I think snipers are being nerfed because the anti-quickscope army is waffling on about the ability to QS despite IW originally insinuating that it wasn't possible.  Although in my opinion you can still scope pretty quickly in tight situations which are common in COD; I don't think the sniping aspect has been as generous as it has been in the likes of MW2 and in particular MW3. 

I personally don't use snipers but I am a bit miffed to see IW bowing down to the prolific moaners who don't have much of a case in this game.  I assumed IW were satisfied with their mechanics on release but having to nerf the type when it is quite tricky to execute anyway is a bit of a surprise move. 

I don't think we'll ever have a community that can be happy in terms of sniping.  I think IW in this instance should have just retained what they originally published and just let the community of whingers just get on with it.  They can't win and nor can the community.

I hate being killed by snipers particularly ones that don't play the objective even if they are on the other team but I appreciate the skill required to kill in what is a very pacey game in Ghosts and I'd rather be killed that way as opposed to a bad bullet detection or lag fused CCQ shoot-out.

You know what is so stupid about this. The complainers will still complain when they are getting sniped. It's like they will just keep complaining until Sniping is useless and they don't get killed by it anymore.  You can't please them, so stop trying.

Side Note: I want to reiterate how LAZY IW is. I have been saying this all along. They made a mistake and overlooked the silencer being a one hit kill to the stomach. It has always been a OHK to the chest and up.  They messed this up due to poor programming and laziness and no attention to detail. Now they are fixing their mistake in this patch.

Side Note: I want to reiterate how LAZY IW is. I have been saying this all along. They made a mistake and overlooked the silencer being a one hit kill to the stomach. It has always been a OHK to the chest and up.  They messed this up due to poor programming and laziness and no attention to detail. Now they are fixing their mistake in this patch.

I've been killed by one shot to the shin with a pistol before!  The inconsistencies in Call of Duty particularly from IW will never cease to amaze me