Anthem Refunds

J4MES OX4D

Refunds being offered after reports of persistent crashing, some of which can put the console itself at risk of damage https://www.vg247.com/2019/03/03/sony-reportedly-refunding-digital-copies-of-anthem/

People may remember a few years ago my PS4 suffering permanent damage after experiencing the same issues whilst playing Dragon Age Inquisition.  The crash broke my save, damaged the laser and has corrupted that portion of the HDD where the data cannot be removed or overwritten.  The console makes high-pitched whining when attempting to write and turns itself off randomly.  BioWare even tried to stop this being reported prior to launch whilst trying to shift blame to the firmware https://www.polygon.com/2014/11/11/7192149/dragon-age-inquisition-playstation-4-ps4-crashes and the patch(es) that emerged after release didn't fix the issues.  Now they have seemingly worked their way into Anthem and although the saves are protected via the cloud, that doesn't hold much comfort if you device then becomes bricked. 

I can't think of any games that not only corrupt your save put put your system at risk apart from these two BioWank titles.  Another blow to a game that has an uphill struggle as it is but this shouldn't be taken lightly and I praise Sony for their no-nonsense approach. If anyone has been genuinely been affected this these issues then refund rather than risk the console is my advice. My £320 PS4 was ruined in months and has never been the same. 

I seen a comment on SkillUps decision not to do part 2 of his review for Anthem yet as it would be unfair before all the other content comes out past May.

Was it No Mans Sky that had the same issues? I just remember PS4 refunds popping up some time ago and from what I've heard and seen, if the crashes are real and has put you off the game then I dont think it hurts to ask for a refund. I'd support at least a 50%+ refund of some kind at the very least.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

54 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Was it No Mans Sky that had the same issues?

Sony offered no questions asked refunds to digital owners of No Man's Sky because the released product was not what was initially promoted. Hello Games then announced 'free upcoming major updates' which would contain all the features they lied about and that was enough to plug the refund loophole. 

BioWare better act fast in a similar way and the only way to plug the refunds here would be to ensure the product is stable. Sony will not hesitate to offer full refunds on products that could render someone's device defunct and users having problematic issues or serious concerns are within their right to ask. 

As long as the refund requests are credible, it could be a very costly problem.