Bug or Bulls**t?

J4MES OX4D

A triangle icon started appearing in playlists against users who didn't own the Black Ops Pass. A lot of people think the inclusion was there to 'shame' users who don't own it whilst Treyarch have claimed it was merely 'a bug'. The issue is now fixed apparently. 

I'd probably be more shamed actually owning the pass and looking at the lobbies below, a larger portion don't compared to those that do own it. In the past, users would write something this off as  just a bug but the amount of these 'bugs' this game has had along with the relentless bullshittery of Activision; it wouldn't surprise me if it was a deliberate psychological implementation gone bad. People don't seem to trust Treyarch like they used to either. 

black_ops_4_season_pass_danger_sign_1.jp

You be the judge...

It's funny because with the way they've done it this time they've actually lost money from me. I've generally bought the first couple of map packs as I'm still playing the new game at that point. But wanting me to shell out a straight £40 for the pass means I've avoided it this time. I'm glad I did as well as they've been a bit with the map release cycle.

fart.gif

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

It's funny because with the way they've done it this time they've actually lost money from me. I've generally bought the first couple of map packs as I'm still playing the new game at that point. But wanting me to shell out a straight £40 for the pass means I've avoided it this time. I'm glad I did as well as they've been a bit with the map release cycle.

Ironically they would've made more money and had more people playing if they scrapped the (season) pass altogether. If they gave away free maps and then charged £9.99 every operation for an optional battle pass with tiers and exclusive items; that would have enticed a lot more people than the outdated ripoff format they have right now.  The fact it's £40 all or nothing as you can't buy the expansions separately further put people off.  At least with the season pass you could choose expansions and if they went with a proper battle pass format, users could buy happily buy in if they wanted to without feeling like money was being wasted. 

Activision's greed and desperation to cash in as quickly as possible has seen them come unstuck this time. 

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:25 AM, MrBiron said:

Exactly the same wqith me.

With WW2 I bought the pass because I knew I'd be playing it all year and save money. This one I decided to see how it goes, and I haven't bought anything extra other than just the bog standard game.. im glad.