Mike's PC

Diddums

Keep it on, it'll go into sleep mode automatically unless you're downloading. At least until you get a monitor.

When it goes into sleep mode sometimes I can't get the picture to show back up on my TV so I have to shut down and restart. So I turned automatic sleep mode off.  -_-

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

Ok, we're going to have to use Nvidia drivers nau. 

Click here.

That should tell you exactly what you need, so download that and try running games off it for a while. Reboot, see if it's fixxored. It *should* solve your issues. Let me know.

banlol.png

Ok, we're going to have to use Nvidia drivers nau. 

Click here.

That should tell you exactly what you need, so download that and try running games off it for a while. Reboot, see if it's fixxored. It *should* solve your issues. Let me know.

What is this for, the TV not showing up or the fact that it went back to the way it was after I shut it down? What drivers were we using? I'll be on my computer tonight sometime.

It's for both. The drivers we were using are the default Windows ones, these are the ones dedicated to your graphics card. 

Windows will auto update the defaults which could be why he gets screwed everytime he does a restart. He needs the proper video card driver.

Ok, so you want me to uninstall the drivers again and then instead of restarting you want me to go download the drivers myself and then restart? :o

No, just run the thing I linked to above, Windows will sort it out. 

Once it's installed, reboot, and try again. 

To be sure, play for an hour or so, reboot again and see if it's still cool. If not, let me know.

banlol.png

No, just run the thing I linked to above, Windows will sort it out. 

Once it's installed, reboot, and try again. 

To be sure, play for an hour or so, reboot again and see if it's still cool. If not, let me know.

Ok thank you, i'll let you know in this thread when I do it. :)

From now on I have assumed the position that all is well unless otherwise stated. 

Hope it's all well Mike, if not, I'm only a whatsapp away ;)

Sorry that i'm taking too long. I just got to my room and it's around 8:45 PM. I just tried a game after rebooting it again after it worked fine last night and it's back to being laggy.

Open Control Panel - System - click Advanced System settings - hardware tab - Device Installation settings and change it to no.

Uninstall all your old graphics drivers from control panel > device manager. (should be under display adapters)

Might want to uninstall Catalyst etc too

Restart PC, you might want to even unplug your internet to prevent windows updating it although I believe that's what "Device Installation settings" is supposed to stop.

Reinstall the Nvidia driver you downloaded, report back.

banlol.png

So I've been distracted by GTA V, not gonna lie. So i'm doing the drivers thing right now.

I disabled the automatic driver update thingy. Had no idea what you meant about catalyst so I didn't do anything about that. So I disabled the updates, then uninstalled the driver you told me to. Restarted. My computer automatically updated. -_- Uninstalled again. Unplugged my wifi this time. Restarted. Currently downloading the Nvidia drivers.

The only thing I'm iffy about is that I'm afraid it's just gonna update to whenever it wants. Even though I changed the settings like suggested.

Sent from my DROID4